Check your pricing We just got an additional $200 on board credit per room

Had you already made final payment?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

If it is after Royal's final payment date they would not have been able to get additional OBC. The only thing that matters is Royal's final payment date and not when you decided to pay your cruise in full.

If it is after Royal's final payment date they would not have been able to get additional OBC. The only thing that matters is Royal's final payment date and not when you decided to pay your cruise in full.

So to be clear about their policy - once the "full payment due date" from your reservation has passed, it doesn't matter what price drop or promotional credit they offer new bookings, you are not eligible to receive those. Is this correct?

So to be clear about their policy - once the "full payment due date" from your reservation has passed' date=' it doesn't matter what price drop or promotional credit they offer new bookings, you are not eligible to receive those. Is this correct?[/quote']

Yes that's correct

Merion Mom, who is eligible for this OBC? I booked a balcony long ago on the April Transpacific. There are no longer any balconies available. If I ask for this will they reprice my cruise?

Thanks for the help.

Barbara:)

Merion Mom, who is eligible for this OBC? I booked a balcony long ago on the April Transpacific. There are no longer any balconies available. If I ask for this will they reprice my cruise?

Thanks for the help.

Barbara:)

Call and ask. The OP doesn't seem to have that problem, but perhaps his price hasn't changed.

Good luck!

Let me see if I can explain and ask this correctly.

On our upcoming cruise on the Grandeur, we took an inside cabin this time and it was $889 each plus $121.87 each in taxes and fees with no OBC.

Now, that same category has dropped by $4.00 to $884 each, PLUS, you now get $100 total of OBC.

But the strange thing is that the taxes and fees on the $884 per person rate jumped up to $181 each versus the $121 each at the $889 per person rate we already have.

So, when you add everything up, that extra $100 OBC really only becomes $25 when I add both my current price and the new price.

If the rate is $4.00 less per person now, how do the taxes and fees go up from $121 each to $181 each? Seems like a shrewd way to make you think you are really betting $100 in OBC/total price when it's actually $25.

Obviously to a new person booking it's great, but to an existing reservation who is comparing and trying to get the most before final payment, it's not as big as it might seem.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OP how did you get the on board credit?

the same cruise I have booked is now offering it as a buy one get one half price cruise + free deluxe drinks package + free internet + $100 OBC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how do we get these additional benefits ??

On our upcoming cruise on the Grandeur, we took an inside cabin this time and it was $889 each plus $121.87 each in taxes and fees with no OBC.

Now, that same category has dropped by $4.00 to $884 each, PLUS, you now get $100 total of OBC.

But the strange thing is that the taxes and fees on the $884 per person rate jumped up to $181 each versus the $121 each at the $889 per person rate we already have.

So, when you add everything up, that extra $100 OBC really only becomes $25 when I add both my current price and the new price.

If the rate is $4.00 less per person now, how do the taxes and fees go up from $121 each to $181 each? Seems like a shrewd way to make you think you are really betting $100 in OBC/total price when it's actually $25.

Obviously to a new person booking it's great, but to an existing reservation who is comparing and trying to get the most before final payment, it's not as big as it might seem

The taxes and fees are a guesstimate. They may vary over time, depending on when you book. On our last cruise, our taxes and fees went down a bit, so although I had paid the higher amount when I booked, money was refunded to me onboard in the form of an obc for each passenger. (it was about $7 and change per passenger)

I don't think they raise your price if the taxes and fees go up after you book. I just got a price drop on a cruise and the taxes and fees had gone down about $20 so I didn't get the full amount I thought I would because part of the price difference was in the taxes and fees. If I had cancelled and rebooked, they would have charged me the current taxes and fees.

The rep told me the taxes and fees amount wouldn't be final until sailing, so that price difference would be adjusted at that time. Overall I really don't know how they figure it out...

Edited by marci22

OP how did you get the on board credit?

the same cruise I have booked is now offering it as a buy one get one half price cruise + free deluxe drinks package + free internet + $100 OBC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how do we get these additional benefits ??

The US and UK run different promos that cannot be combined.

Obviously to a new person booking it's great, but to an existing reservation who is comparing and trying to get the most before final payment, it's not as big as it might seem.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would call and get them to check the actual new price for your cabin. What I have found is that many times when doing price adjustments the taxes and fees do not change (they stay at the old rate). I'm not sure if all bookings having the taxes and fees locked in at the date of booking but it has applied to all of my cruises that were originally booked on board.

The US and UK run different promos that cannot be combined.

I booked in the UK and now the UK is offering so many free extras to the same cruise I just wondered if we were entitled to any of these additional extras ??

I read a lot about those booking from the US getting upgrades or on board credit if there is a price drop before final payment is it different in the UK ?

I booked in the UK and now the UK is offering so many free extras to the same cruise I just wondered if we were entitled to any of these additional extras ??

I read a lot about those booking from the US getting upgrades or on board credit if there is a price drop before final payment is it different in the UK ?

Unfortunately different rules in the UK. I believe that you would have to entirely cancel your booking thusly losing your deposit in order to take advantage of a new promo.

I would call and get them to check the actual new price for your cabin. What I have found is that many times when doing price adjustments the taxes and fees do not change (they stay at the old rate). I'm not sure if all bookings having the taxes and fees locked in at the date of booking but it has applied to all of my cruises that were originally booked on board.

Maybe, because it's a wow sale, they need to cancel and rebook as of today's date? That would reset the taxes and fees.

Not sure if the poster actually called Royal and asked to be repriced?

I've gotten a refund of taxes and fees on several Bermuda cruises, but it was always in the $5-$13 pp range. Taxes and fees jumping $60 pp is unusual and I'm wondering why it happened on this cruise (did a port change?).

btw I don't think that Royal manipulates the price via taxes and fees; in that case, it is what it is.

Edited by marci22

Same thing here. Anytime I re-price a existing booking the taxes and fees do not change from what they were originally

Maybe, because it's a wow sale, they need to cancel and rebook as of today's date? That would reset the taxes and fees.

Not sure if the poster actually called Royal and asked to be repriced?

I've gotten a refund of taxes and fees on several Bermuda cruises, but it was always in the $5-$13 pp range. Taxes and fees jumping $60 pp is unusual and I'm wondering why it happened on this cruise (did a port change?).

btw I don't think that Royal manipulates the price via taxes and fees; in that case, it is what it is.

I'm with you, I don't think that the poster actually called to get a new price, and if you are just looking at the final price on the website a drop of $30-$50 can be easily missed.

I've never had a cruise entirely cancelled, even with a WOW sale as that would be a new reservation number.

I agree I don't think that Royal purposely manipulates the port charges but I have found that they are always lower when you book early. I think that as time goes on and port fees rise or they don't have the anticipated number of guests then the port fees do tend to rise.

I just repriced one last week. The rep on the phone said that the price that was showing on our invoice was lower and did not reflect that the port fees had risen. He said that Miami would "correct it" but it could take a couple days as they were closed due to Matthew. Made final payment yesterday and it was still the old fees and taxes.

I just repriced one last week. The rep on the phone said that the price that was showing on our invoice was lower and did not reflect that the port fees had risen. He said that Miami would "correct it" but it could take a couple days as they were closed due to Matthew. Made final payment yesterday and it was still the old fees and taxes.

yeah I don't think they raise your price if the port fees go up. I've had a few obcs on board due to them going down, but I've never been asked to pay more due to taxes and fees, before or during the cruise.