"LIVE" from Norwegian Escape - Oct 22, 2016

Radio

The "oops, I'm sick" bags have been placed throughout Escape. Unfortunately, some of the passengers were unable to find them in time. When someone gets sick, 4 workers with lab coats (and 2 supervisors) come quickly sporting face masks, gloves and 3 compressed tanks to clean up the contamination. It appears that they are used to doing this as they are very fast with the cleansing.(after they rope off the area)

Radio

Oops I'm sick bags

60b45b33ad05bb6235efb43cbb280944.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

How is the crowd level at the pools? We are cruising next October and I have heard the pools get so crowded on sea days that there are no chairs on any deck. I was just wondering if you have experienced this on your vacation.

Yes, on sunny sea days it seems that lounge chairs are hard to come by. The farther areas from the pool are easier to find a lounger.

Radio

Hello everyone, good morning and Welcome to Day 7 of "LIVE" from Norwegian Escape. When I woke up this morning, there was still rain and clouds . . . The sun was finally able to rise and I am happy to report we have bright sun and much smoother seas.

I'm sure this ship will be very clean for passengers boarding tomorrow morning, as the crew is making sure that any bacteria on board has been treated. I saw something new today. . .A compressed cylinder on a cart that a crew member was using to apply "fog". The crew member suggested that he was spraying antibacterial "fog" to all of the public areas.

We arrive to Nassau at Noon for our 7 hr stay before we sail for Miami. The Captain has suggested the forecast for Nassau is 86F and partly cloudy skies.

I had the best cup of coffee this cruise down at the Atrium Cafe (DECK 6) , where I was able to consume a wonderful Lavazza Americano.

I may just get off the ship to mill around the port area for bit. Then I can just hang out onboard Escape. Hear are a few pics from this morning.

Radio

Early morning coffee at the Atrium Cafe

8815d276bf41220ab1362d366cd976d5.jpg

The Atrium is very quiet this morning

5d999bc8a9a5b0f9207e1dc0001ba21d.jpg

Uh oh. . .more clouds and rain

89b73a254257e7b46de0e82082c5b4ee.jpg

Now the sun is coming up

0f88c6e3df12e3a6ed4f82bfddcc9962.jpg

The Crew has to hand out plates and utensils again this morning. . .

0b1fa5b97ae5ac62bd87413eb125e16e.jpg

Our Current Location

7f7bab4b5d1a140e7b2601a8e585176b.jpg

Hello everyone, good morning and Welcome to Day 7 of "LIVE" from Norwegian Escape. When I woke up this morning, there was still rain and clouds . . . The sun was finally able to rise and I am happy to report we have bright sun and much smoother seas.

I'm sure this ship will be very clean for passengers boarding tomorrow morning, as the crew is making sure that any bacteria on board has been treated. I saw something new today. . .A compressed cylinder on a cart that a crew member was using to apply "fog". The crew member suggested that he was spraying antibacterial "fog" to all of the public areas.

We arrive to Nassau at Noon for our 7 hr stay before we sail for Miami. The Captain has suggested the forecast for Nassau is 86F and partly cloudy skies.

I had the best cup of coffee this cruise down at the Atrium Cafe (DECK 6) , where I was able to consume a wonderful Lavazza Americano.

I may just get off the ship to mill around the port area for bit. Then I can just hang out onboard Escape. Hear are a few pics from this morning.

Radio

Early morning coffee at the Atrium Cafe

8815d276bf41220ab1362d366cd976d5.jpg

The Atrium is very quiet this morning

5d999bc8a9a5b0f9207e1dc0001ba21d.jpg

Uh oh. . .more clouds and rain

89b73a254257e7b46de0e82082c5b4ee.jpg

Now the sun is coming up

0f88c6e3df12e3a6ed4f82bfddcc9962.jpg

The Crew has to hand out plates and utensils again this morning. . .

0b1fa5b97ae5ac62bd87413eb125e16e.jpg

Our Current Location

7f7bab4b5d1a140e7b2601a8e585176b.jpg

Happy Birthday, Radio!

Hello everyone. I predicted this day for you this morning. . . I was able to get off of the ship early and have some lunch. . .then get back on board and try out the slides and pool. The slides are very fast . . . I like the one where you sit in an inner tube and you can slide very fast.

I enjoyed dinner in Garden Cafe and I wanted to eat light because tomorrow is a travel day. The buffet food is not bad, but the food is much better in the dining rooms. I guess I will have to pack tonight and prepare for debarkation tomorrow morning.

We just left Nassau and will be traveling slowly to Miami. It isn't very far but we should arrive around 6AM.

I have not heard of any show cancellations or not sicknesses, no one that I have spoken with has heard of anything. I think the sickness bags may have been for the rough seas.

Here are a few pics from today. . . Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

There are 4 ships in port today. .

8a48620d481c0ffbf4165da52580f56e.jpg

I made my way to Señor Frogs

a6587872284c095341fc716effda7acc.jpg

There were a lot of buts in the air there

41016f0017352a23f7cf73d333613f92.jpg

Festival Place had alot if vendors

6e302969c8a6a323db9936134e80739d.jpg

It was a long walk back

bcdceaebb4a799f33f134457c16ed793.jpg

My home for one more night. . .

479a02f7a81de28378f82d2c6fcfaa1e.jpg

Hello everyone and Good Morning. . . Welcome to Day 8 of "LIVE" from Norwegian Escape. We have arrived in Miami under clear skies.

The transit from Nassau was smooth. . . unlike the rough seas we encountered on Thursday. The forecast for today us mostly sunny and 82F.

I have a lot more images, scans, and vids to post over the next several days. . . At least I will have a very reliable, and very fast internet connection.

Passengers are starting debarkation now (7AM), and I will leave around 10AM. My flight isn't until this afternoon. I should arrive back to BWI around dinner. I am sure that I will sleep . . .eh hmm Watch the news very well tonight.

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

The Farewell Show last night

d80e241fcd8faaf1cf28f4ccfd03dff7.jpg

It was Cruise Ship Rush Hour early this morning

724f6442f115bd8e6dd994116b53f20a.jpg

Welcome to Miami

43feb2b9cabf22d2576e8697c83acc9b.jpg

Norwegian Escape on Port Miami Webcam

25c0a3fec836623a9bb554ef5cd9ca71.jpg

We are getting close to the Terminal (B/C)

c033db2f50306385e92964e4455e1b2b.jpg

Norwegian Escape approaches the Pier slowly. . .

91c594cacd3cfd1addaddce3c1d18602.jpg

I'm so sad to see your LIVE thread coming to an end.

I've really enjoyed following along, thanks so much for letting us join you on this cruise!

How did your new GoPro Hero 5 work out for you?

I'm patiently waiting for mine...it's on back order since it will be part a bundle package with the new GoPro Karma Drone.

I'm so sad to see your LIVE thread coming to an end.

I've really enjoyed following along, thanks so much for letting us join you on this cruise!

How did your new GoPro Hero 5 work out for you?

I'm patiently waiting for mine...it's on back order since it will be part a bundle package with the new GoPro Karma Drone.

Thanks for the nice comments, Chesneygirl. . .

I love my Hero5. . .It is tough to upload any vids with my poor connection at sea, but I will post a few of them soon. It won't be a full production but a few clips throughout the past week.

Thanks again. . .

Radio

;-) ;-)