Coffee Card - Iced Tea

rjohn40787

If someone is an iced tea drinker, is there any advantage to getting the Coffee Card for iced tea?

Specialty coffee/tea drinks use a punch from the coffee card.

It depends on how many you plan on drinking.

Iced tea in the buffet/DR etc is free.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Specialty coffee/tea drinks use a punch from the coffee card.

It depends on how many you plan on drinking.

Iced tea in the buffet/DR etc is free.

My friend drinks ice tea all day, and gets it from the buffet, etc. and pays nothing. If you like specialty teas like Chai, you would need the card.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I always have a coffee card for my wife but for iced tea she still prefers to just get it at HC. She's tried the fancy teas and wasn't all that impressed so she uses her card for foo foo coffee and gets her tea at the buffet.

Unless it's changed, the FREE ICE TEA at the HC and dining rooms is unsweetened, which I prefer. You can always add sugar. When they serve it in the Dining rooms, they often provide sugar packets for you to add.

If you have a coffee card you can have coffee or tea at the IC which you can then have poured over ice. There is no additional charge or punch for doing it that way. My DW and I have done it hundreds of times.

DW loves her tea...but does not like to pay for it at the IC :). So she always carries a few tea bags (which she can get in the Lido) and, when at the IC, just asks for a cup of hot water (free). She thinks that the gourmet teas (she prefers Earl Grey or English Breakfast) at the IC do not taste any better then the stuff just sitting out in the Lido.

Hank

I always get a coffee card. I am a decaf person. There is one specialty tea bag at the Coffee Bar that is a decaf tea bag. They make me ice tea with that decaf tea bag...at no punch to my card. Well worth it. There are about 10 different tea bags to select from. Very fancy teas. Much better than any ice tea served in the buffet or dining room. I find the (free) ice tea to be much too strong.

Is there any freshly brewed iced tea on the ships????

The buffet iced tea is instant made with a tea syrup plus water when you pull the lever. I assume that the iced tea you get from the specialty coffee house is brewed.

My wife always gets the specialty teas from the IC at no charge with her coffee card & makes he own ice tea in bulk for the day. It's much better that what they give you in the buffet...so she says.
I agree with your wife, the iced tea and even regular coffee is better in the International Cafe, plus if you get tea there they will give it to you in a to-go cup and you can take it off the ship, which is really nice in the heat of the caribbean.

I make my own ice tea, I get 3 large glasses from bar the go to buffet put one tea bag (provided at buffet) in each glass take glasses back to room to cool down. now just add ice. I'll drink 4 to 6 glasses a day.

Is there any freshly brewed iced tea on the ships????

In the Lido buffets and MDR the answer would usually be a big no. However, it is easy to make your own in the Lidos by simply making a cup of tea and pouring it over a glass full of ice. In the International cafe they will make if for you....but that will cost you a few dollars or a punch on a coffee card. We have cruised on 14 lines and the only time I recall seeing pitchers of freshly brewed ice tea was on the Crystal Harmony....many years ago. Not sure if Crystal does this these days...although on that line you could probably just ask and it would be done.

Hank

If someone is an iced tea drinker, is there any advantage to getting the Coffee Card for iced tea?

This is just my opinion and I don't think so you can get iced tea for free in the HC.

I get a coffee card all the time but it's just for the coffee.

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

The iced tea is free, but it is truly awful. I love iced tea, but won't drink the disgusting stuff they try to pass off as iced tea on Princess. People complain about the coffee, but Princess coffee is delicious compared to their iced tea.

I always have a coffee card for my wife but for iced tea she still prefers to just get it at HC. She's tried the fancy teas and wasn't all that impressed so she uses her card for foo foo coffee and gets her tea at the buffet.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is foo foo coffee?:)

Hi Anne:)

I believe Thrak is referring to a fancy coffee, not a plain ol regular. Like a Foo foo drink refers to a cocktail, umbrellas and garnish:p

Thanks chez, well it's true, you learn something new every day!:)

(Planning to learn a lot more about cocktails when on board):D

Thanks chez, well it's true, you learn something new every day!:)

(Planning to learn a lot more about cocktails when on board):D

I was going to add "I will shout you a Foo foo".

CC has a lot of lingo talk, having been on here for years, I get most of it, each board has it's own lingo too if you ever wander over to the other boards:eek: but yes, you learn something everyday:)

I was going to add "I will shout you a Foo foo".

CC has a lot of lingo talk, having been on here for years, I get most of it, each board has it's own lingo too if you ever wander over to the other boards:eek: but yes, you learn something everyday:)

Ha! Accepted and I'll shout you one back, I think I like the sound of the umbrella foo foo best, coffee's like, well coffee, I'm not a connoisseur :D