Men, what wallet do you use when you're on the beach and in the ocean?

I have a couple of small Otterbox containers that I've used both for scuba and snorkeling. The small one fits in my bathing suit pocket, while the slightly larger one has a tether and just floats along behind me. It's just a teeny bit too small for my iPhone 6 Plus, so when I purchased that I bought an Aquapac.

It seems like Otterbox has changed its focus to phones and has stopped making the boxes, but dive shops in my area still have them.

Aquapac items can be purchased on Amazon or from their website: https://aquapacusa.com

Don't swim with your wallet.

Leave your stuff in you backpack/bags, hook them to the chairs and cover it with towels.

Most beaches you can sit close enough to the water and never go far if you want to get in.

Or have someone with the group stay.

We usually befriend the folks sitting next to us and have them keep an eye on are stuff when we both leave for a while, This always works.

Basic common sense.....

We usually befriend the folks sitting next to us and have them keep an eye on are stuff when we both leave for a while, This always works.

Good advice. It paid off for us in Grand Cayman when we rented a cabana at a resort. Returning from the water, we were confronted with the attendant kicking a local out of our cabana. She had been alerted by the people in the next cabana who we had just met. It only cost us a round of drinks.

Basic common sense.....

Fair enough, but at the same time, those "decent seeming" folks next to you could see an opportunity and take off with your valuables.

You never know these days.

We had an unpleasant run-in with some unsavory vacationers on Grand Cayman. Luckily the homeowner of the beach house was there and saw what happened. She sent out her private security guard to help us. They were frat/sorority looking types.

That's exactly what I have. Lasted through 4 cruises of heavy use (swimming, snorkeling, etc). I can fit a photocopy of my passport, seapass, DL, CC, and 5-6 bills in there with no problem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough, but at the same time, those "decent seeming" folks next to you could see an opportunity and take off with your valuables.

You never know these days.

Although you never know these days,

I highly doubt the friendly family for Topeka, who is on the same ship is going to steal your stuff.

I would trust your instincts....

I use one just like it, only yellow. I've taken it swimming, sailing and other excursions. I loop the drawstring of my swimsuit thought the cord and slip it in a pocket. Works like a charm. They're inexpensive enough I just buy a new one every once in a while. No worry about wear.

Sent from my rotary dial phone.

Plastic baggy containing just the necessities, and that goes inside of a velcro pocket on the side.

Exactly, same here. Hubby purposely buys swim trunks with inside velcro pockets, and uses small zipper baggies, which are cheap and cheerful. He has ordered several different kinds of water wallets from Amazon and outdoor stores, but they all had their "weak points" - some were not waterproof, some were bulky and too large, some were just obnoxious. :p

How do you keep your credit cards, ID and cash high and dry? But compact enough and secure enough to store in swim trunks?

We use the water wallet, but if you're concerned about the water, put your items in a plastic bag and then put it all into the wallet.