What is your favorite appetizer?

ettaterrell

Can't believe no one's mentioned the Warm Pumpkin Soup yet! It's my fave.

Also love the Escargot and the Sweet & Sour Shrimp. But really, most all of the apps I've gotten on the ships have been fantastic! :D

Maybe you just had a bad experience with the french onion soup. Try again sometime.

I will have to do so, since it has gotten so much praise here. I don't think I would have otherwise- it was so bad. When I had it, it was blah, basically very watered down beef broth with some onions. I take that back, watered down beef broth would have been better. This was like beef flavored water.

Also love the Escargot and the Sweet & Sour Shrimp. But really, most all of the apps I've gotten on the ships have been fantastic! :D

OMG! RIGHT?!?! That is my absolute favorite too. Although I haven't seen it on a menu in a few years. Maybe they only have it on the longer cruises? The escargot is a close second.

Old Menu: Cream of sun ripened tomato soup (the BEST) and American navy bean soup

American Table: Fried calamari, cream of ripened tomato soup (which tasted exactly like the one from the old menu), fried oysters

On our last cruise, I didn't see the American navy bean soup so I was somewhat disappointed...until one of the last nights when I ordered the Pasta E. Faioli and it came out American navy bean soup. Not sure what happened but I was very pleasantly surprised!

Yes, the West Indian Pumpkin Soup is my favorite too!

I also like the Tom Ka Gai, Wild Mushroom and Yukon Potato soups.

Navy bean soup

Shrimp cocktail

Escargot

Strawberry bisque

Spring roll

How am I going to keep from gaining a ton on my next cruise? :eek:

I manage to not gain by forgetting they have elevators, and walking everywhere, and doing the stairs.