Cabin crawl

annbarker23

A cabin crawl involves a number of cruisers, usually from the CC Roll Call, viewing different cabins that the participants are sailing in. Various cruisers in the group will agree to open their cabin for others to see what they are like. If there is a large # of participants they will generally limit # of cabins viewed to one in each category. Everyone meets at a central location to begin and may end up at one of the bar, or the occupant of one cabin will host a small party at the end. Usually it is someone in an upper level suite.

I have organized and ran a cabin crawl with over 50 persons. Everyone was a member of the Roll Call for the specific cruise. In planning such an event, you need people to volunteer access to their cabins. Once you have a variety of cabins for viewing it is wise to distribute a list of the cabins to be viewed (to all participants) along with the order of viewing.

The order of visit should be made to minimize the amount of movement around the cruise ship, so you try to view cabins on the same deck, at one end of the ship, them go up or down, depending on where the other cabins may be, before moving to the opposite end of the ship.

Some participants will have snacks and non alcoholic drinks delivered to their cabins for the guests, usually people that have suites.

Don't want to appear stupid but I am relatively new to American cruise ships and the custom of setting up roll calls. Can someone please explain what a cabin crawl entails? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Basically, it's just a group of pax willing to let others tour their stateroom. Of course this means you HAVE to keep your room SPOTLESS & clean, lest your spouse "kill" you later on for allowing complete strangers see what a slob really looks like in their native habitat. Well, that's at least what I was told by my spouse what would happen to me. All joking aside you see what other cabins look like. If everyone has the same type, it might be boring. We were allowed to see the Sundringham Suite on the QM2.All I can say was WOW! We had a Princess Grill suite, which was nice, but no comparison. The fact we ended with a cocktail party in that suite was really very nice. Just a wonderful couple!

And you can get decks of cards and give to each room host and have a poker crawl at the same time as your rollcall does your cabin crawl.

We did that once, but chose 7 cabins out of the 9 on our sailing and let them pick the best 5 cards. We think there was some sharing as one guy had 5 queens. :roll eyes:

Thought the poker draw was fun and would like to try again.

Edited by shipshape sam

we have participated and hosted a cabin crawl.

One time we had an "open house" for 2 hours. The roll call did not want to do a cabin crawl but some folks wanted to see the royal suite so I held an open house. My mom stopped counting at 80 people...we had a nice turn out. I had OJ and offered up vodka and our champagne. The butler brought cookies and an assortment of breakfast pastries. everyone had fun.

I love cabin crawls with or without a poker run.

We had a very friendly large table at dinner...and everyone was in a different category cabin, so after dinner one night, we all just went and looked at the different cabins! It wasn't "organized" and there were no snacks, etc....but we all got to check out cabins we might not have seen otherwise! Tablemates are great!!!

We have never participated in a cabin crawl, but we have hosted an open house and sail away party. We had a great butler that provided snacks (including shrimp and chocolate covered strawberries) champagne and pop. I think we might have even had wine and beer, just can't remember at this point. It was great! Not too many from the roll call came but it was fun. I love hosting cocktail parties at home and its much more fun on a cruise when you don't have to clean up afterwards! I could see a Cabin Crawl being a lot of fun - maybe hosting a different cocktail in each room (reminds me of university and a floor crawl!) Looking forward to our next cruise in February 2018 - plan to have at least one cocktail party. :D