Carnival..PLEASE STOP!!

AnitaVacation

You are usually assigned PVP after you book a cruise online. Everytime you book online it is flagged and sent to a Carnival PVP. Just call and tell him you don't want any calls .Then you'll be removed.

How would you know the Booking Procedure if according to your Sig, you have never sailed Carnival???

Michael

There is a very easy way to make it stop. Just call the number when you get home from work. He probably won't be there but he will have a voicemail so you can leave a message. Just tell him that you use a travel agent and he will stop calling you. They can actually get disciplined/fired if they keep calling you after that point.

It's too simple. OP already stated they "don't feel like calling" to get it to stop. Would rather fume I guess and then "shoot them a message about their practices"

I started getting calls from my PVP when I was researching itineraries and prices on Carnival's website. As soon as I called my PVP backed and explained what I was doing and I wasn't ready to book, he left me alone. I finally booked last week and I called my PVP to book since he honored my wishes and left me alone until I was ready.

That was my approach and experience as well. Once the PVP understood there was nothing we wanted to book with CCL for the foreseeable future, the calls and emails stopped. We subsequently did contact him and book a cruise - he's been very helpful and responsive.

How would you know the Booking Procedure if according to your Sig, you have never sailed Carnival???

Michael

Well, not everyone (me included) puts their cruise history in their signature. I know that kamloops50 has been on this board for quite a while and has likely has been on many CCL cruises. ;)

I have a PVP that I haven't use in about 3 yrs. Lately I just book directly on their site. For the past month she pops up and start calling me, just because I was browsing. I sent her 2 emails to let her know I'm not interested in a carnival vacate right now. She still calls.

I book myself through a private website or directly on Carnival's site. For our upcoming trip in December, Carnival must have noticed activity on my online profile so they called me to book with them over the phone. I was actually going through the motions with the agent until we got to cost and I told him that I already knew I could get the entire trip a lot cheaper on my own privately. It got to a point I was so turned off by him as he was extremely pushy, trying to convince me that it was somehow worth paying the extra and booking with him. I told him to scrap the whole thing and I'd just go back to booking on my own, which I did and happily saved myself a ton of money in the process.

Ight than Travel agencies that provide onboard credit or another bonus, it is not possible to book a Carnival cruise less than the Carnival cruise price. The agreement between Carnival and legitimate travel agencies agree to this. It is just the flights or transfers that are less booked outside of Carnival.

In the past 2 months, we have gotten no less than 60 messages from MATTHEW, A PERSONAL CRUISE CONSULTANT at CCL....it's almost a daily message on my machine when I get home from work....and I gotta tell ya, it's starting to get pretty annoying....

When we book a cruise, we usually use our regular travel agent or just book it directly on their website...

We have never returned 'Matthew's' calls....and never will....he has annoyed me to the point that I would never do business with him....

Does anyone else get these calls??

(and yes, I am about to shoot a message to Carnvial about their marketing practices)

If he actually calls himself a "A Personal Cruise Consultant", he is NOT employed by Carnival. Carnival' s people are called Personal Vacation Planners ( PVP).

It's too simple. OP already stated they "don't feel like calling" to get it to stop. Would rather fume I guess and then "shoot them a message about their practices"

Yes...OP stated she does not want to call him back (mostly because he's super annoying)....

and....OP stated that she was sending a message to CCL about the calls...

OP is not fuming....

OP is laughing at the fact that this board never changes....lots of good conversation and contributions.....peppered with a few trolls

Ight than Travel agencies that provide onboard credit or another bonus, it is not possible to book a Carnival cruise less than the Carnival cruise price. The agreement between Carnival and legitimate travel agencies agree to this. It is just the flights or transfers that are less booked outside of Carnival.

We usually book with an online travel site that deals with cruises only ;)

Same prices & rules as booking direct, but if you time just right, you can get some decent obc.....

I've booked numerous cruises myself online, and I also search cruises and do mock bookings every week. I have never once received a call from anyone at Carnival. And I'm always logged in with my Carnival account. Very odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

yes, I do find this very odd....I'll admit, I do the same thing (mock bookings, logged on) to check rates....and this same guy keeps calling and calling...you would think after the first 2 dozen messages with no return call, he would give up....lol

and, as I stated before....he has annoyed me beyond me ever calling him for a booking...:D

In the past 2 months, we have gotten no less than 60 messages from MATTHEW, A PERSONAL CRUISE CONSULTANT at CCL....it's almost a daily message on my machine when I get home from work....and I gotta tell ya, it's starting to get pretty annoying....

When we book a cruise, we usually use our regular travel agent or just book it directly on their website...

We have never returned 'Matthew's' calls....and never will....he has annoyed me to the point that I would never do business with him....

(and yes, I am about to shoot a message to Carnvial about their marketing practices)

If that's the same Matthew I fired him. I had 2PVP's before him that were great but left the company and then he assigned himself to me. I used him once and canned him. I never got the feeling he was there to help me, only there to sell upgrades ans shore excursions and future cruises. I got another great one now.

They are a pain in the a$$.

I've used a TA for every one of my Carnival cruises, and still got the calls. Each time I looked at something on the website, it generated a call.

Roz

This is what happened to me. Calls every time I went on the website, even after answering the phone and asking them to stop. I book online myself. They finally stopped, but I am not sure why.