Oasis Coastal Kitchen Menus

halfapair

Not my problem. That will probably be when they stop accepting guests. Only make sense.

The Harmony crossing had plenty of eligible passengers that could not get reservations.

JS passengers often have to wait until they board to get a reserrvation.

I assume this was a result of a larger than average number of PC members aboard. If full Suites were denied reservation times, I could see a few getting upset. This is a perk they paid for as it is a perk earned by PC.

I assume this was a result of a larger than average number of PC members aboard. If full Suites were denied reservation times, I could see a few getting upset. This is a perk they paid for as it is a perk earned by PC.

JS is paying for that perk as well.

Paid or earned, does it really matter?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

What happens if JS can't get into the Coastal Kitchen because of non-suite people who are friends of those in suites have booked before boarding.

Not sure. I was very surprised that reservations for guests could be made online.

FWIW, I am fully prepared to take whatever dinner times are available. We don't need peak times.

I agree. What about JS access to SL? Since they are almost one and the same, what is stopping a JS from having drinks in the SL? The bar is in the middle. Unless one opts for an upgraded drink, no credentials are asked for.

Another poster above was also concerned that JS wouldn't have access because of cruisers inviting guests to eat with them in the CK. It is a perk paid for by Suite Guests (including JS) and earned by PC. I would hate to not have a "seat" because someone with the perk invited guests to dine with them. If I take my family, that would add 6 people, maybe 8.

Thank you very much for the menu pics also. Does anyone have pictures of breakfast or lunch menus? For what it's worth our dining reservations for dinner are very off peak in my opinion 9 PM is what we got and we are in a owner suite

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For Oasis or Allure? How far in advance did you ask for dinning reservations. Early times seemed to be open. Although it is open times, it still leans towards early and late dinning...... 6 or 630, no 7 or 730.....

I agree. What about JS access to SL? Since they are almost one and the same, what is stopping a JS from having drinks in the SL? The bar is in the middle. Unless one opts for an upgraded drink, no credentials are asked for.

Another poster above was also concerned that JS wouldn't have access because of cruisers inviting guests to eat with them in the CK. It is a perk paid for by Suite Guests (including JS) and earned by PC. I would hate to not have a "seat" because someone with the perk invited guests to dine with them. If I take my family, that would add 6 people, maybe 8.

JS passengers do not have access to SL, end of discussion. CK is not a bar.

From what everyone has said so far, guests are limited to 2 at a time, and I'm sure the host would encourage you to only do it once or twice. This is of course subject to availability. Like I tried to say earlier, just don't push the envelope. It just puts the host in a bad position.

The prices of the suites are way more than JS and one of the perks of paying those prices is the SL and CK

It bothers me to think that I was unable to get in the CK on our last cruise some nights when I read some of the comments here knowing that may be the reason. :rolleyes:

The prices of the suites are way more than JS and one of the perks of paying those prices is the SL and CK

It bothers me to think that I was unable to get in the CK on our last cruise some nights when I read some of the comments here knowing that may be the reason. :rolleyes:

Doesn't really matter who pays what, except maybe Star Class. A paid benefit of Sea Class (JS) is the right to eat in CK with a reservation. It appears that JS pax can only make reservations onboard. Fair enough, I can deal with that. 😉

As a Sky Class passenger, I would reserve CK early as possible or risk being turned away while Sea Class pax enjoy their meals. 😱 😱

We had 2 guests to CK on allure. They ordered a drink and was charged for it since they weren't suite guests. So in my experience guests to CK would be charged for drinks unless you had a drink package.

For the first night in the SL, bartenders asked me for my seapass card to verify that i was in a suite. Once they knew that i was in a suite, i did not have to show it again.

Different experiences on the same ship just 3 months apart.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

For Oasis or Allure? How far in advance did you ask for dinning reservations. Early times seemed to be open. Although it is open times, it still leans towards early and late dinning...... 6 or 630, no 7 or 730.....

We will be on anthem in March. We booked after final payment so I booked my online things about a week ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just got off the Oasis on 12 Feb 2017 and on our cruise CK was starting a new menu for each night. Attached is the links for the new menu's, but I'm not sure if I have them in the right order, this is the order that the Genie (Israel Sanchez) gave them to me in. We only ate at CK once for dinner and that was the first night, once for lunch and that menu never changed, and every day for breakfast that menu also stayed the same. I also have the suite breakfast menu attached as well.

Day1 New CK Menu's 1

Day 2 New CK Menu's 2

Day 3 New CK Menu's 3

Day 4 New CK Menu's 4

Day 6 New CK Menu's 5

Day 7 New CK Menu's 6

Day 8 New CK Menu's 7

Day 9 New CK Menu's 8

In Suite Breakfast menu suite room service Breakfast Menu

Not sure why Israel gave me 9 menu's for a 7 day cruise, but this is what he gave me. I hope it helps, at least it will give everyone an idea of the offering.

Just booked JS on Allure and after reading this assume I can't make res. for dinner in advance. Where do I make the res. when I get on board; same place as specialty restaurants? Have been on Oasis twice and just off Allure, but all were in balconies only.

Just booked JS on Allure and after reading this assume I can't make res. for dinner in advance. Where do I make the res. when I get on board; same place as specialty restaurants? Have been on Oasis twice and just off Allure, but all were in balconies only.

They don't make reservations ahead of time in Coastal Kitchen, after you board go to Coastal Kitchen and make your reservations, if you know the days and times that you want. If the Allure is anything like the Oasis, it was never full. Enjoy your cruise!

• 1 month later...
The Cauliflower Steak was DELICIOUS. :)

Hi! I hope I'm not finding this thread too late to ask this question, but: what exactly is Cauliflower Steak? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

A head of cauliflower is cut into thick slabs then roasted until caramelized and served with chimichurri, a garlic-herb sauce. The cauliflower steaks make a fine accompaniment to actual steaks, or better still, serve them on their own as a vegetarian alternative to steak.

A head of cauliflower is cut into thick slabs then roasted until caramelized and served with chimichurri, a garlic-herb sauce. The cauliflower steaks make a fine accompaniment to actual steaks, or better still, serve them on their own as a vegetarian alternative to steak.

Very interesting! Thanks for the explanation. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

A friend ordered this and liked it.

DH & I were on the December 23, 2016 Oasis sailing in a Junior Suite. I was not able to book CK until we got on board the ship, and even then it was a bit tricky.

We tried going up to the CK and booking in person, but the doors were locked and since we were only in a JS our door keys didn't work to let us in. So we went back to our room and I called the MDR to make reservations. A nice man named Bernard took my room info and the dates/times we wanted to eat in the CK and made our reservations for us. It all worked out just fine.

We ate in the CK twice. In retrospect, I wish we had not eaten in Chops and eaten in CK instead. Chops was better on the Jewell than on the Oasis. (IMHO).