Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Wow Lloyd! Thanks very much for sharing these amazing photos and closeups from Antione.

As VT notes, time to study the photos and closeups.

If you can and have it, I would like to please see a clear closeup of a CS balcony. Also, another closeup of the Sky Suite balcony with the pole on some of them. I'm curious if the goes all the way down into the floor as shown in the YouTube video or does it stop at the balcony rail. It's hard to tell in the photos because the blue strip is hiding the lower view of it.

Thanks again.

Lloyd never mind on the second question, I think I found the answer in one of your photos today. It goes from the ceiling to the floor. See closeup with red circle.

6d3618ed27f229b1f3e8a71e1ae7f8f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m curious to see a shot that shows a deck 12 Royal Suite from a SLIGHT side angle - trying to see if the side loggia wall is a sliding door that might open to its adjacent balcony. Tough shot as it is high and far away...?

P.S. the Royal Suites have a normal infinite (looking) balcony window next to a half width one next to a regular balcony

Wow Lloyd! Thanks very much for sharing these amazing photos and closeups from Antione.

As VT notes, time to study the photos and closeups.

If you can and have it, I would like to please see a clear closeup of a CS balcony. Also, another closeup of the Sky Suite balcony with the pole on some of them. I'm curious if the goes all the way down into the floor as shown in the YouTube video or does it stop at the balcony rail. It's hard to tell in the photos because the blue strip is hiding the lower view of it.

Thanks again.

Can you both give me an idea where to find on an outside shot of the ship, please. Just circle the location(s) on any old photo you can find. Thanks.

I’m curious to see a shot that shows a deck 12 Royal Suite from a SLIGHT side angle - trying to see if the side loggia wall is a sliding door that might open to its adjacent balcony. Tough shot as it is high and far away...?

P.S. the Royal Suites have a normal infinite (looking) balcony window next to a half width one next to a regular balcony

No clear photos of that area. I'll put in a request... :D

Deck 11, Port side. Celebrity Suites

309db322120109a18e660d1bbfef261b.jpg

Thanks for the photo. Looks like our S2 will be one of those with the pillar/wall as part of the balcony.

Best I can tell, this will not terribly affect us as we were planning not trying to open our balcony to share with a neighboring cabin. It will simply give us a wall rather than a divider between our cabin and our neighbor. Our view will still be there and we can see fine when we look over our balcony railing, much the same as if we had a divider next to us.

Interestingly, I moved our cabin choice from a midship cabin to this location to be closer to the retreat area due to mobility limitations. Figured I would at least visit the pool, lounge, and easier to get to Luminae.

In any case, thanks for posting the pix and circling the pillar. This way less of a surprise when we board.

Thanks for the photo. Looks like our S2 will be one of those with the pillar/wall as part of the balcony.

Best I can tell, this will not terribly affect us as we were planning not trying to open our balcony to share with a neighboring cabin. It will simply give us a wall rather than a divider between our cabin and our neighbor. Our view will still be there and we can see fine when we look over our balcony railing, much the same as if we had a divider next to us.

Interestingly, I moved our cabin choice from a midship cabin to this location to be closer to the retreat area due to mobility limitations. Figured I would at least visit the pool, lounge, and easier to get to Luminae.

In any case, thanks for posting the pix and circling the pillar. This way less of a surprise when we board.

I think I am near you, s2, 11123, handicap

We are near an elevator, front

Thanks jc

Just wanted to say many,many, many thanks Lloyd for the amazing photos. Been following this thread now since it began and it is amazing to watch the ship take shape. Still seems a long way off being finished to me, but we aren't on her for another 12 months so am guessing she will be done by then ;p:p

Don't suppose you have any new photos of the aft of the ship starboard. We are at the back (not sunset verandas) but 8292 and wondering what the space on deck 5 below us will be as it looks like it may be an outdoor area of some sort.

Just wanted to say many,many, many thanks Lloyd for the amazing photos. Been following this thread now since it began and it is amazing to watch the ship take shape. Still seems a long way off being finished to me, but we aren't on her for another 12 months so am guessing she will be done by then ;p:p

Don't suppose you have any new photos of the aft of the ship starboard. We are at the back (not sunset verandas) but 8292 and wondering what the space on deck 5 below us will be as it looks like it may be an outdoor area of some sort.

Presto, I think you are overlooking the walkway between the Eden veranda and the Blu veranda. :D

enhance

Presto, I think you are overlooking the walkway between the Eden veranda and the Blu veranda. :D

enhance

Interesting view of the BLU Veranda...we will try breakfast out there in one of the ports..seems a bit of a small area but I recall you said there are only a few tables out there..

Lloyd never mind on the second question, I think I found the answer in one of your photos today. It goes from the ceiling to the floor. See closeup with red circle.

6d3618ed27f229b1f3e8a71e1ae7f8f4.jpg

You are very welcome (and thanks to Lloyd and Antoine).

On a scale of 1-10 on obstructiveness, the poles IMO are low. I lucked out and was able to change my cabin but, If I couldn't I would deal with what I have and still enjoy my cruise. As you also note, knowing now will be less of a surprise when you board.

enhance

Thanks. I have been asking Celebrity for ages now about what the space is and they just kept saying nothing and it would be quiet. On the ship last month the cruise people had no clue that the space was there and kept telling us that there were cabins above and below us so no worries. Ahhh

I know that no one will know yet. but on the basis of what you have said do you think it will be quiet? We have moved forward enough so that we think we have avoided Eden noise and though we are not too worried about some chatter etc don't want to be above loads of folks until late.

Here is another view.

89d2df1782bba0c91f00c6f7571abb84.jpg

Thanks. I have been asking Celebrity for ages now about what the space is and they just kept saying nothing and it would be quiet. On the ship last month the cruise people had no clue that the space was there and kept telling us that there were cabins above and below us so no worries. Ahhh

I know that no one will know yet. but on the basis of what you have said do you think it will be quiet? We have moved forward enough so that we think we have avoided Eden noise and though we are not too worried about some chatter etc don't want to be above loads of folks until late.

Of course I can't tell if it will be noisy, but a few things in your favor are the more closed in balcony (instead of protruding out from ship) and that you will be 3 decks up from the middle part (no seating there so presumably just people passing through). You may hear some dishes clinking and conversation at breakfast and dinner from the Blu veranda (but there are only 22 seats) and some of the time outside of Eden. Blu will likely not be a party-type place and hopefully that little area outside of Eden won't be either, so that you may only hear muted-type noises.

We love the aft AQ cabins above the Sunset Bar/OVC outside deck on M Class and even enjoy the quiet chatter while people eat and drink there while we are on the balcony (and those balconies hang right over the deck). It doesn't bother us at all, though I'm sure others may find it annoying. I have a feeling the noise will be much less where you will be and hopefully will not be too much of an issue. I will try to find out on one of my early cruises. :D

Lloyd,

Do you have any good photos that shows cabins 9179 and 9181. From what you have posted 9181, looks like it has a pole right in the middle of the balcony. Thinking of moving to 9179, that appears to have a pole more to the side. A direct facing photo would be great as everything already posted are side views. Thank you!