Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

The hot tub we loved on Oasis was located on right (?) as you walked aft toward the restaurant back there and Solarium area..

It was basically a hallway area ..fairly sheltered even in rain, nice size, and I think I remember it had a TV...great space often just 2 of us using it..

Our only issues with the reg tenders have been the steep inclines to reach them, bobbing seas, alot of people squeezed in.....

We always have a booked ship's excursion or Elite tender tix.. but lately we stay on board in tender ports.

The tenders.

Photos by Christian Plagué

544773f031fa0feb99f4ee6c23569804.jpg

Thanks for the photos Lloyd. So these turned out orange and dark blue :). I think it will be a nice fit with the rest of the ship color scheme.

I agree with folks here that there seems to be less of an obstruction than first thought.

Also nice to finally see some furniture on some of those Sky Suites.

The hot tub has no protection from the sun. Hope that another one is in an adult pool area and protected. With all the information we have available about the dangers of direct sun light- a no sun option should be available for those who care.

Pool hottubs have always been in the sun. And FYI, the fact I think they're great doesn't mean I don't care about sun exposure. You can use the solarium ones if you are so concerned.

I never stops me to amaze me how people just love to pass judgment on others....:rolleyes:

The port of Geiranger in Norway has an interesting solution to tendering. The ships still anchor in the inlet, but at least one gets to use a telescopic pier that actually moves out to the ship. It’s pretty cool.

We were there last month on Queen Victoria. A big MSC ship was in port so they got to use it. Quite the long walk as it rather zig-zags. I believe it is a recent addition.

The hot tub has no protection from the sun. Hope that another one is in an adult pool area and protected. With all the information we have available about the dangers of direct sun light- a no sun option should be available for those who care.

When we use the outdoor pool early in the day, we like to sit under the covered areas for sun protection...

I think there may be fewer protected areas on EDGE, as the side opposite the pool has pvt cabanas..

Have to take another look at the deck plans and depictions...and soon hopefully actual photos.

It looks like the open deck above the pool is in a decline/incline (depending how you perceive it). Or is it an optical illusion?

DW and I tried hard to figure it out - she is an avid jogger...

It appears that the jogging track has no loop - at least it seems so from the artistic expressions available so far. There will be incline from the pool deck leading to the upper deck; it then wraps around almost to complete the loop but ends in an awkwardly looking (at least that's what we've figured using strong magnification of the ship's image) round - I guess joggers will make a turn on it and run back. Very unusual idea, if we guessed correctly, but we liked the incline/decline of the track.

Perhaps Lloyd has real pics of the top deck???

I guess joggers will make a turn on it and run back. Very unusual idea, if we guessed correctly, but we liked the incline/decline of the track.

Perhaps Lloyd has real pics of the top deck???

That was my conclusion too. Im one of those people that is up at 6 AM so that I can run in the track rather than the treadmill. When looking at renderings and deck plans I zoomed in on the running track and was puzzled!

Also, if an excursion starts at a tender port at say 8:00 am does that mean you tender at 8:00 am or is that the time you meet the tour guide or bus on land?

Carole

We've just returned from Connie and tendered for an excursion in Santorini. Your tickets will tell you exactly what time you are to meet and where before you tender. They tend to use the theatre. You get a sticker for your trip and they call the sticker numbers. You then go to your tender boat and meet your coach once you've docked. It is really well organised. Like all cruise lines they are well used to organising the excursions so don't worry. you'll be in good hands. :-)

We were there last month on Queen Victoria. A big MSC ship was in port so they got to use it. Quite the long walk as it rather zig-zags. I believe it is a recent addition.

it was there four years ago when we were there.

Interesting perspectives!

The second pic hs a circular item with railing... looks like a traditional hot tub ?? Is it???

I’m thinking that may be the Retreat area. So maybe yes to the traditional hot tub, but potentially no if you’re not in a suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m another early morning runner, trying to figure out that jogging track. Hope it’s not too slippery on that slope, as the deck is often wet early in the morning... should be very interesting!

These photos of the model give a good view of the jogging track.

2012b4e42fc3f6bed2f47147e919db31.jpg

e22beda44029aedce1cb48e340ba3a99.jpg

a8be9bab2486e6d8b85ab231efc8b4d8.jpg

2928030866648c0ededc25fe57756fb9.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

The pier at Geiranger is such a great solution to tendering. It was not a very long walk. The tender line for the other ship in port was at least 100 people long.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lloyd, do I see this correctly.... there is a ramp for the jogging path going up near the pool area and than another one going back down... around the roof top garden...? So it is a complete loop with some up and down. I was wondering... it looked like it stopped and you had to turn around... nice to know there is a complete loop.

Lloyd, do I see this correctly.... there is a ramp for the jogging path going up near the pool area and than another one going back down... around the roof top garden...? So it is a complete loop with some up and down. I was wondering... it looked like it stopped and you had to turn around... nice to know there is a complete loop.

If I am seeing it properly, it seems to be a figure 8 shaped track.

8401adb25dde3127d76ae8e2697bebea.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Why didn't Celebrity release this type of video.... check out the section around the 13 minute mark that goes into cabin design.... it is really helpful to understanding the thinking behind the IV cabin...

Seen this presentation before. I think it was on a reveal but can’t be sure. Nice reminder of our home for 2 weeks in March

Why didn't Celebrity release this type of video.... check out the section around the 13 minute mark that goes into cabin design.... it is really helpful to understanding the thinking behind the IV cabin...

They did put this out way back when the ship was first revealed. It was nice to see it again - we were so innocent then! :D

found another interesting video... I am surprised I did not see all these earlier... Alas.. the sound does not work.... but it demos some interesting technology... also shows the shades and suggests that a smart phone might be handy to getting the most out of the experience...