Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Designed by "Better OUTHouses & Gardens" .... Hey Mable, can you pass the Sears Catalog please LOL

Yes, bring your catalog for the life boats, as seen in that picture, but the tenders (Launches) will be first class! :D

"Edge Launches ensure guests experience modern luxury every step of the way – right up to their first step ashore. The newly designed Launches on Celebrity Edge are designed with overall safety and guest comfort at the top of mind through improved reliability and survivability, notably increased comfort, and efficient boarding. The ship-to- shore experience is improved by the spacious, stylish and comfortable yacht-like atmosphere of the new boats, which will bring guests ashore in comfort, style, and speed.

When anchored, the Magic Carpet hovers just above the waterline for the best ship-to-shore experience at sea; guests will find themselves smoothly whisked onto Celebrity’s new, reimagined Edge Launches with ease.

DESIGNED BY

The spacious Celebrity Launches were designed by French yacht designer Marc Lombard and lifeboat manufacturer Palfinger Marine Safety AS.

FAST FACTS/FEATURES

• Total Number of Celebrity Launches on Celebrity Edge: 8

• Celebrity Launch Cabin Area: 829 sq. ft.

• Celebrity Launch Total Length: 57 ft.

• Celebrity Launch Beam: 19 ft.

• Celebrity Launch Total Weight: 26/36 tons (equipped/loaded)

• Seating Capacity: 223/132 guests (lifeboat/launch)

• Maximum Cruising Speed: 15 knots

• Window Area: 398 sq. ft. – more than double compared to standard tenders on Celebrity Equinox

• Seat Pitch: 32 in – 20% more space compared to standard tenders on Celebrity Equinox

Featuring bucket seats, air conditioning, large windows for stunning sea-level views, and more space, Edge Launches are designed to get you to your destination in modern luxury style. Just like Celebrity Edge."

It seems as if we have in fact been looking at the Edge's lifeboat colours in all of these photos. :p

You can just about make out the colours under the covering in this close-up...

f623c695f96e490aca181a5b308ec5b3.jpg

From this photo by Laurent Gaudin-Fazio...

49c01fd5ed9b6a46efaaa7065568ac0b.jpg

And this close-up from an Yves Pommeron photo …

de9a95d29a80bdece8f43130bf7c02d0.jpg

So will they block views...partially???

Yes, bring your catalog for the life boats, as seen in that picture, but the tenders (Launches) will be first class! :D

"Edge Launches ensure guests experience modern luxury every step of the way – right up to their first step ashore. The newly designed Launches on Celebrity Edge are designed with overall safety and guest comfort at the top of mind through improved reliability and survivability, notably increased comfort, and efficient boarding. The ship-to- shore experience is improved by the spacious, stylish and comfortable yacht-like atmosphere of the new boats, which will bring guests ashore in comfort, style, and speed.

When anchored, the Magic Carpet hovers just above the waterline for the best ship-to-shore experience at sea; guests will find themselves smoothly whisked onto Celebrity’s new, reimagined Edge Launches with ease.

DESIGNED BY

The spacious Celebrity Launches were designed by French yacht designer Marc Lombard and lifeboat manufacturer Palfinger Marine Safety AS.

FAST FACTS/FEATURES

• Celebrity Launch Total Weight: 26/36 tons (equipped/loaded)

• Window Area: 398 sq. ft. – more than double compared to standard tenders on Celebrity Equinox

• Seat Pitch: 32 in – 20% more space compared to standard tenders on Celebrity Equinox

Featuring bucket seats, air conditioning, large windows for stunning sea-level views, and more space, Edge Launches are designed to get you to your destination in modern luxury style. Just like Celebrity Edge."

Thanks....can,t wait to Yacht to shore!

DESIGNED BY

FAST FACTS/FEATURES

Celebrity Launch Total Weight: 26/36 tons (equipped/loaded)

I just noticed that they each carry 10 tons of passengers. It sounds like a lot until you do the math and it is 151.5 lbs per person (132 passengers). :D

It seems as if we have in fact been looking at the Edge's lifeboat colours in all of these photos. :p

You can just about make out the colours under the covering in this close-up...

f623c695f96e490aca181a5b308ec5b3.jpg

From this photo by Laurent Gaudin-Fazio...

And this close-up from an Yves Pommeron photo …

Lloyd - Thanks for the close-up photos. It's interesting that they went with Orange/Grey color scheme instead of Orange/Navy Blue (like the Hull color). In this close-up, even though covered you can tell that the middle stripe seems darkish. Or are some grey and some navy blue? Hmmmm! If all are grey then perhaps they wanted to breakup too much of the navy blue. It fun guessing these construction things.

Edit - Now that I think of it, the launch area for the Magic Carpet (triangular shape painted area) is painted orange, grey and white.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser
additing content.

Not exactly what I am expecting for a MODERN LUXURY TENDER!

I think we should add a pass by these on our cabin crawl if we can....very curious, Where is that door that leads out near EDEN and BLU?

Here are the various exits onto deck 5 lifeboat/tender area near Blu and Eden.

enhance

The apparent reason for the lifeboats being covered by Paul Smith:

Too early to take the protection off as we still have “muppets” running around on the higher balcony decks with tins of paint and what ever else ..... you get my drift.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/experience/edge-launches/

I think VT posted this earlier, but I can't find it..... look how much nicer these launches are compared to the lifeboat boxes we were looking at. Keep in mind that if we need the life boats... we will love them... Also there are more tenders on board than lifeboats... so odds are that if... if needed... you may end up in a nice tender versus bitting your knees on one of the life boats.

Lloyd, perhaps they plan on a big reveal of the lifeboats and tenders.... after the shops of course. I have to say the ship is looking good.

Another observation I made some time ago. If you look at the IV cabins vs regular verandas on the S Class.... they should have more light.... there is less structure (framing around sliding glass doors) and without the curtains I think the cabins will feel airier than I thought... I was concerned that they may feel a bit tunnel like. Of course it depends some on the position of the sun in the sky....

Lloyd, do you have any spies working inside the ship?? Would love a sneak peak of these ceilings we are hearing about... as well as the other public areas...:)

Thank, Lloyd!

An interesting close up of the tender positioning in this picture:

enhance

Wow, that's cool. The brighter lit cabin window on deck 7, just above the front of the lifeboat on the right, is our cabin #7253. Thanks to X for the illumination in order for us to easily find it.

Vt thanks...I will note your post with the deck exits to view life boats for the person laying put the route for our Jan cruise cabin crawl. We also have an inside looking out view from a half obstructed cabin as well..

Glad to see some folks from the Jan 27th roll call posting here...The EDGE threads are truly amazing...best of Cruise Critic for sure!

And Lloyd...you are the so helpful...hope you can work some magic for some inside pics.. but everything you have done for us is first rate!

Has there been an update to showing Deck Plans for Deck 5 ?

(I know Post 2933 shows a partial)

How may I find deck plans?

enhance

The most accurate deck plans I have found is actually on the X website (a few cabin numbers were changed and they are reflected on these plans) - you need to scroll down to deck plans about 2/3 of the way to Edge Deck Plans and then change the date on the right to April 28 2019 to 26 Apr 2010 on the drop down menu.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-edge

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/experience/edge-launches/

I think VT posted this earlier, but I can't find it..... look how much nicer these launches are compared to the lifeboat boxes we were looking at. Keep in mind that if we need the life boats... we will love them... Also there are more tenders on board than lifeboats... so odds are that if... if needed... you may end up in a nice tender versus bitting your knees on one of the life boats.

Lloyd, perhaps they plan on a big reveal of the lifeboats and tenders.... after the shops of course. I have to say the ship is looking good.

Another observation I made some time ago. If you look at the IV cabins vs regular verandas on the S Class.... they should have more light.... there is less structure (framing around sliding glass doors) and without the curtains I think the cabins will feel airier than I thought... I was concerned that they may feel a bit tunnel like. Of course it depends some on the position of the sun in the sky....

Lloyd, do you have any spies working inside the ship?? Would love a sneak peak of these ceilings we are hearing about... as well as the other public areas...:)

Kearny - For those of us that are on he Eastern Caribbean sailing, wonder if Celebrity will use the Tenders in St Maarten. Recall that if you want to get to the boardwalk area quick you typically have to take a water taxi and the end of pier. So depending on how many ships are in port that day may be Celebrity could do that. I realize also that the port and water taxis may have a slight loss in revenue if that happens. However I don't think it's much of a difference than what happens in Grand Cayman, were some cruise lines use their own tenders.

Your observation of the amount of light is spot on. I also thought when I looked at the recent night photos that Lloyd posted, all the cabins with lights on seemed much brighter to me.

I still wonder about when the MC will be on deck 5.... I wonder if they will limit its use to times when the seas and wind are relatively calm.... and perhaps when the ship is moving slowly between islands that are close... I have trouble imagining that it will be in use for dinner if the winds and seas are very active.

We will more likely tender in Tortola.

We never tendered there... There was a pier without much to it,..walked into Town...Then there was a new pier built..but then there was a hurricane.

Depends on the condition of the new pier post hurricane.. my cruise to that port is not until Nov 2019 so I will hope for news before that!