Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

I’m thinking that may be the Retreat area. So maybe yes to the traditional hot tub, but potentially no if you’re not in a suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yup..I see it now. Oh well, maybe another time we will get to enjoy it!

Why didn't Celebrity release this type of video.... check out the section around the 13 minute mark that goes into cabin design.... it is really helpful to understanding the thinking behind the IV cabin...

Thanks for posting...

I almost made it through ..got .up to the design of ships part . I wanted to see that part but could not fast forward and just got bored

.. I will have to see it all for myself.....And hope we can enjoy our cabin without a smart phone,,,,,we unplug 100 % on vacations!

Why didn't Celebrity release this type of video.... check out the section around the 13 minute mark that goes into cabin design.... it is really helpful to understanding the thinking behind the IV cabin...

They did release this and also had it live. I saw it a while ago. They have made some changes since this video but we are looking forward to experiencing the ship in January. You can check out all the "reveal" videos. Do not like the Eden one. Seems this is one space we will avoid in the evenings but, other than that, looking very different and interesting.

rawon5_Regal.pngI was on the cruise planner and did a double take when I recognized the interior of a Princess Royal Class vessel in the background of a rendering for Raw on 5. To my knowledge, there is no overlap between the ships' designers. I suppose it was an error on the part of someone in website management / graphic design for Celebrity.

https://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/Meet-the-Interior-Designers-Behind-Royal-Princess.html

rawon5_Regal.pngI was on the cruise planner and did a double take when I recognized the interior of a Princess Royal Class vessel in the background of a rendering for Raw on 5. To my knowledge, there is no overlap between the ships' designers. I suppose it was an error on the part of someone in website management / graphic design for Celebrity.

https://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/Meet-the-Interior-Designers-Behind-Royal-Princess.html

This made me laugh -------- I suppose the only thing you can say is 'OOOOPPPPPS!' :')

They did release this and also had it live. I saw it a while ago. They have made some changes since this video but we are looking forward to experiencing the ship in January. You can check out all the "reveal" videos. Do not like the Eden one. Seems this is one space we will avoid in the evenings but, other than that, looking very different and interesting.

This was live, but this video was not produced by Celebrity, but by a travel agent. What I found interesting was the thought process that went into cabin design.. and how they changed the ships structural design to make these changes... The one thing this video of the presentation did not address was increased storage... they say it is there but not sure where. Anyway, I found switching from exoskeleton to endoskeleton structure very interesting and this was new to me.

We've just returned from Connie and tendered for an excursion in Santorini. Your tickets will tell you exactly what time you are to meet and where before you tender. They tend to use the theatre. You get a sticker for your trip and they call the sticker numbers. You then go to your tender boat and meet your coach once you've docked. It is really well organised. Like all cruise lines they are well used to organising the excursions so don't worry. you'll be in good hands. :-)

We will also be in Santorini and booked a ship's transfer to Oia which has an 8:00 am start time. What time would we likely have to be in the theater or meeting point? Not a morning person so 8:00 am is as early as I would want to be anywhere.

Carole

We will also be in Santorini and booked a ship's transfer to Oia which has an 8:00 am start time. What time would we likely have to be in the theater or meeting point? Not a morning person so 8:00 am is as early as I would want to be anywhere.

Carole

Perhaps the Edge will work differently from Connie with the new MC tender service.

Edited by Oville

If I am seeing it properly, it seems to be a figure 8 shaped track.

8401adb25dde3127d76ae8e2697bebea.jpg

Lloyd, this is great, I agree with your conclusion - it actually is connected in sort of a Moebius loop... DW is very excited to try it.

I am very impressed with the design approach - a lot of twists and curves and smooth transitions everywhere, including jogging track, Eden, pool area, etc.

On other note, recent photos still show that there is quite a bit of work left to be done. Finishing touches take a lot of time... I am wondering if they could finish as promised. Surely, they will leave interior areas closed for passengers until the last bell, but still...

Thanks Lloyd555, for sharing those amazing photos of The Celebrity Edge.(taken by Antoine).

Awesome! Awesome! That Celebrity Edge tender boat remains me of a French river sightseeing cruise boat (only on a smaller scale).

Love those port side pictures and those aft pictures. Just love all those Celebrity Edge pictures.

Edited by cruise47

Lloyd, thanks for posting all of the amazing pictures! Some of these will be great shots for the "Where's My Cabin" thread. I had such great plans to get things done today, but it looks like I will be studying Edge photos instead. ;)
There are more. I got 39 photos in total from Antoine.

If there is an area on the outside of the ship that you want to see that is not in the collection above, let me know.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

There are more. I got 39 photos in total from Antoine.

If there is an area on the outside of the ship that you want to see that is not in the collection above, let me know.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I will peruse the above and see what other areas would be helpful. You talk about a kid in a candy store.... :D

I’m curious to see a shot that shows a deck 12 Royal Suite from a SLIGHT side angle - trying to see if the side loggia wall is a sliding door that might open to its adjacent balcony. Tough shot as it is high and far away...?

P.S. the Royal Suites have a normal infinite (looking) balcony window next to a half width one next to a regular balcony

Carole

Sorry to say this but we did the Oia excursion and we had to be in the theatre for 7.45am ...... we did a bit of moaning and chuntering, but believe me, it is worth every second that you are up early. It is just stunningly beautiful ... enjoy ..... and then have an early night as you'll be shattered !!!!

Wow Lloyd! Thanks very much for sharing these amazing photos and closeups from Antione.

As VT notes, time to study the photos and closeups.

If you can and have it, I would like to please see a clear closeup of a CS balcony. Also, another closeup of the Sky Suite balcony with the pole on some of them. I'm curious if the goes all the way down into the floor as shown in the YouTube video or does it stop at the balcony rail. It's hard to tell in the photos because the blue strip is hiding the lower view of it.

Thanks again.