Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

It looks like the covers are off the tenders, but not painted yet. Is it my imagination or do they look taller? I couldn't find a previous picture from that angle.

You can see the width of the MC rail in relation to the S3 balconies pretty well from this angle.

enhance

VT - Do you remember these photos from Lloyd a while back. When they are uncovered we should see some orange [emoji3]

de2c624bc8d40651df0cba7b330941ed.jpg

ea4231c53f4356fb503892d9561582ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our 12/16 sailing we have a cabin crawl... I will be taking photos of 6209... just pass the life boats but we do have an E4 6237.. which does have a lifeboat view... I will take photos of that as well. So it will be interesting to compare... how obstructed is obstructed. Even though we will not have a davit right outside out window... it will likely be in the line of sight sitting... since it is outside 6211. But again... even if you are on a higher deck... you still have a limited view of the water looking down... so it might be a bit annoying but I think you will have a nice 180 degree view standing at the rail... not as nice for those next to the 10-12 wall of the MC ... which will limit some to 90 degree view forward or aft.

https://www.tu.no/artikler/cruiseskip-med-mobilt-dekk-til-13-etasjer-teknisk-helt-pa-kanten/430675

Here is the story about the lifeboats... now I interpreted "Dobbeldekker" to mean "double decker". It is in Norwegian to use google translate. Tall cruiser I am also attaching a couple of other photos that Lloyd had posted about these lifeboats . https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180312/4b70aaff04e39c02c25b023fcb3160e0.jpg This looks like top level... see guy sitting on what could be stairs....https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180312/cfc4dd1c361ef19390496fd1f490a190.jpg... Look how large this is.... the guy helps give it some perspective.. in terms of size

They look massive. We,ll check them out on the ship..we,ll be right there in BLU which has an exit door ...

Wonder what they weigh compared to the old style ones..

How quickly did the video claim it would take to load them up???

DH moves so slowly due to bad knees... they will probably just put a ring around him and push him down a slide directly into the water.... otherwise he would slow up the boarding process. :) We went to muster drill on Oasis which was held in the aqua theater... it was clear that our group would likely slide down into rafts... at least that is the way we interpreted the info.

Oh, I didn't think they had been painted yet. :D

The Life/Tender Boats are almost always totally painter and finished at the manufacturing site and delivered "finished" to the Ship Yard. The interesting thing about Edge is, all of the Life/Tenders were delivered fully covered. Even when they took them for test run they were still covered.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56252808&postcount=1755

DH moves so slowly due to bad knees... they will probably just put a ring around him and push him down a slide directly into the water....

otherwise he would slow up the boarding process. :)

We went to muster drill on Oasis which was held in the aqua theater... it was clear that our group would likely slide down into rafts...

at least that is the way we interpreted the info.

Thank you; my kind of humor. What a way to go!

Me DW,Catherine, is asking me to hold on, and not die yet.

She would first like to take this cruise, with me.:)

Edited by $hip$hape

The Life/Tender Boats are almost always totally painter and finished at the manufacturing site and delivered "finished" to the Ship Yard. The interesting thing about Edge is, all of the Life/Tenders were delivered fully covered. Even when they took them for test run they were still covered.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56252808&postcount=1755

These were posted by Lloyd on the page I just referenced.

4d238f264e0a0c166b8485b65b61d0df.jpg

a85fb81ed073c1d01c378b4252586a61.jpg

7772348d4f478e432c25499f61607542.jpg

On our 12/16 sailing we have a cabin crawl... I will be taking photos of 6209... just pass the life boats but we do have an E4 6237.. which does have a lifeboat view... I will take photos of that as well. So it will be interesting to compare... how obstructed is obstructed. Even though we will not have a davit right outside out window... it will likely be in the line of sight sitting... since it is outside 6211. But again... even if you are on a higher deck... you still have a limited view of the water looking down... so it might be a bit annoying but I think you will have a nice 180 degree view standing at the rail... not as nice for those next to the 10-12 wall of the MC ... which will limit some to 90 degree view forward or aft.

Kearny - I am also on that same sailing. Now that I think about it, I should perhaps request to signup for view only on the Cabin Crawl. I think the crawl will be very revealing of interior and exterior things.

While we had many opportunities to move our cabin to the port side, we decided to stay on the starboard side just to experience and see what goes on with the MC. I think it will be interesting for some and obstructive for others. However the whole cruising experience should be fun.

https://www.tu.no/artikler/cruiseskip-med-mobilt-dekk-til-13-etasjer-teknisk-helt-pa-kanten/430675

Here is the story about the lifeboats... now I interpreted "Dobbeldekker" to mean "double decker". It is in Norwegian to use google translate. Tall cruiser I am also attaching a couple of other photos that Lloyd had posted about these lifeboats . https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180312/4b70aaff04e39c02c25b023fcb3160e0.jpg This looks like top level... see guy sitting on what could be stairs....https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180312/cfc4dd1c361ef19390496fd1f490a190.jpg... Look how large this is.... the guy helps give it some perspective.. in terms of size

Either that or he must be a "Tall Cruiser" :D:)

Good one!

I think the tender/ lifeboat captains sit up high...so they can see.

These will probably require more crew...on board and at tender ports.

We have no tender ports on our Jan cruise and only Gr Cayman in Fall 2019 cruise. We no longer do tenders generally, but will make an exception because of the bigger tenders, with big boarding area, and overall curiosity.

Good one!

I think the tender/ lifeboat captains sit up high...so they can see.

These will probably require more crew...on board and at tender ports.

We have no tender ports on our Jan cruise and only Gr Cayman in Fall 2019 cruise. We no longer do tenders generally, but will make an exception because of the bigger tenders, with big boarding area, and overall curiosity.

The cruise we initially booked for Edge, which was March 17, 2019 was for Western Caribbean and included Grand Cayman. I was actually looking forward to it but, that cruise was cancelled due to a charter. So now we are on the Eastern Caribbean. May be they'll use the MC while in port for some special excursions. That would be great and different don't you think.

Thank you; my kind of humor. What a way to go!

Me DW,Catherine, is asking me to hold on, and not die yet.

She would first like to take this cruise, with me.:)

Ah yes.... I remember Monty Python's Holy Grail..... "bring out your dead"... and the other line "not dead yet".

I read an article that the company, Palfinger, is providing 8 tenders and 4 lifeboats along with 2 'fast' rescue boats. and yes tall cruiser .... that guy driving the boat is about 10 feet tall

Hahaha! No doubt he/she will be A "Stand out and above" crew member. Looking forward to some basketball game with them. Wait a minute, oh no, there is no basketball court on Edge :D. I will miss that but, there's a first for everything.

Not exactly what I am expecting for a MODERN LUXURY TENDER!

I think we should add a pass by these on our cabin crawl if we can....very curious, Where is that door that leads out near EDEN and BLU?

Remember these are the lifeboats, not necessarily the tenders....

VT - Do you remember these photos from Lloyd a while back. When they are uncovered we should see some orange [emoji3]

de2c624bc8d40651df0cba7b330941ed.jpg

ea4231c53f4356fb503892d9561582ce.jpg

It seems as if we have in fact been looking at the Edge's lifeboat colours in all of these photos. :p

You can just about make out the colours under the covering in this close-up...

f623c695f96e490aca181a5b308ec5b3.jpg

From this photo by Laurent Gaudin-Fazio...

49c01fd5ed9b6a46efaaa7065568ac0b.jpg

And this close-up from an Yves Pommeron photo …

de9a95d29a80bdece8f43130bf7c02d0.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555