Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

The slide in vanity seemed like a good idea early on, but with the lack of a coffee table (just that little round bongo drum), I wonder if people will find that there isn't enough flat surface area to place things (with table lamps and the electronics box). I think I would need to leave it extended. It is a great idea - let's hope it works out. :D

We'll need the counterspace..for the ice bucket etc,,

I dont see the magazine rack which they load up with ads, books and brocures..I empty those for more space...I am sure we will all make it work..just an adjustment to simething new!

We love having breakfast on the balcony. The small balcony table does not look to be large enough to do this. I guess you can put your plate on your lap.

The photo is from our balcony on Eclipse this year on Valentines Day. It was a C2 on the Hump Angle which gave us more space.

thumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin

We love having breakfast on the balcony.

The small balcony table does not look to be large enough to do this.

I guess you can put your plate on your lap.

The photo is from our balcony on Eclipse this year on Valentines Day.

It was a C2 on the Hump Angle which gave us more space.

Ed and Betty,

Looking forward to meeting you on the Edge February 3rd cruise, and maybe a cabin crawl.

However, still looking for said photo(?):)

BTW, good luck with that nasty storm coming to the East Coast.

(Relatives just left Virginia Beach)

Michael

Edited by $hip$hape

We love having breakfast on the balcony. The small balcony table does not look to be large enough to do this. I guess you can put your plate on your lap.

The photo is from our balcony on Eclipse this year on Valentines Day. It was a C2 on the Hump Angle which gave us more space.

I think one person could use the table and the other the "bongo drum" coffee table. :D

Too early to tell yet but I think the rooms look sterile (in a bad way) but they need to be dressed to get a warmer feel I guess.

The socket box looks like it might cause problems for some larger adapaters that have moulded cables that stick out.

No TV screens yet. The balcony chairs are not exactly subtle and look as though they were designed to support elephants.

Too many unwarranted and unnecessary concerns being voiced about obstructed views, style and expense of furniture, proximity of tables and chairs, how drawers open and close, and on and on and on. This may be a new class of ship with a different presentation, but it's still a ship. With the exception of certain cabin categories it is intended to be crowded, cramped, and until it's revamped it's up to us, as voluntary passengers, to foot the bill for the build. We know what we're getting by the amount of money we're paying, so as experienced cruisers there should be no surprises. The only valid concern is the number of electrical outlets and access to them. This has always been a problem. My take on the Magic Carpet, a total waste of time and space just to say you have something new. For those cabins and passengers in it's path of travel, it will be interesting to see whether or not the Carpet's flight was an annoyance or went totally unnoticed.

Let's take a break on negative speculation prior to actually experiencing the finished product. Personally, I'm very much looking forward to my first encounter with Lady Edge. As in cruises past, I know it won't be perfect but I know it will be fun. By the way, if anyone is fortunate enough to experience perfection in all aspects of high seas travel, good on ya.

Ed and Betty,

Looking forward to meeting you on the Edge February 3rd cruise, and maybe a cabin crawl.

However, still looking for said photo(?):)

BTW, good luck with that nasty storm coming to the East Coast.

(Relatives just left Virginia Beach)

Michael

I hope you can see the photo now. Yes, let's hope the cabin crawl works on the Feb 3 cruise. Florence seems to be heading further south and it looks like a little wind and some rain in Virginia. We are sorry for the folks in the Carolinas that look to be getting the worst of it.

A couple of observations. It looks like the cabin with the bed by the bathroom has a higher ceiling than the one with the bed by the veranda. https://britsonaship.files.wordpress.com/2018/09/edgeiv.jpg (bed by bathroom) . https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180913/00586c163b21a6af638c52fd8de3afff.jpg (bed by veranda).

The ceiling just looks like that because of the two different colors/materials on the ceiling.

I wish they made the drawer/storage 4 or 5 drawers high instead of just 3 high. It seems like a waste of good space. Even on the S class ships, the drawer space is probably 6" or so higher than the vanity table, since the electrical outlets are placed on the side. I enjoy the higher counter height of the S class drawers.

Let's take a break on negative speculation prior to actually experiencing the finished product.

Personally, I'm very much looking forward to my first encounter with Lady Edge.

Spif,

Without repeating your whole post...

Thank you. I agree!

Curious, where are you from?

Michael

Too many unwarranted and unnecessary concerns being voiced about obstructed views, style and expense of furniture, proximity of tables and chairs, how drawers open and close, and on and on and on. This may be a new class of ship with a different presentation, but it's still a ship. With the exception of certain cabin categories it is intended to be crowded, cramped, and until it's revamped it's up to us, as voluntary passengers, to foot the bill for the build. We know what we're getting by the amount of money we're paying, so as experienced cruisers there should be no surprises. The only valid concern is the number of electrical outlets and access to them. This has always been a problem. My take on the Magic Carpet, a total waste of time and space just to say you have something new. For those cabins and passengers in it's path of travel, it will be interesting to see whether or not the Carpet's flight was an annoyance or went totally unnoticed.

Let's take a break on negative speculation prior to actually experiencing the finished product. Personally, I'm very much looking forward to my first encounter with Lady Edge. As in cruises past, I know it won't be perfect but I know it will be fun. By the way, if anyone is fortunate enough to experience perfection in all aspects of high seas travel, good on ya.

(y)(y)

Agree.. but I actually like most of the spaces..just not the pics of the Inf Balc staterooms..nothing hi end..except bathroom and toiletries that were mentioned!

Maybe they,ll be better in person.

I think the overall ship is stunning and architecturally beautiful. I would like to know, however, their real thoughts behind furniture choices for cabins (and I should add that I have advanced academic studies in ergonomics/human factors, so this will be an interesting cruise for me).

While I overall like the ships looks, DH and I will decide for ourselves what are valid concerns for us when we book our next cruise after the 2 we already have booked on EDGE, and have a chance to check out the ship in person....

I believe all good faith opinions are welcome on Cruise Critic!

While I overall like the ships looks, DH and I will decide for ourselves what are valid concerns for us when we book our next cruise after the 2 we already have booked on EDGE, and have a chance to check out the ship in person....

I believe all good faith opinions are welcome on Cruise Critic!

It has been fun speculating on such a novel ship. I did not interpret comments as complaints... more observations. It is intended to be a disruptive ship... trying new things. Some will work and some probably will not. We will see, but I have found it fun to speculate and then learn what is what as the ship comes to life. I really think it has a nice profile.. I know some disagree. But that is okay. I do find it ironic that people tell others not to complain while at the same time telling us all the MC is a complete waste of money. Do as I say not as I do.