Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Please stop the acronyms and I am sure she will be ready. Perhaps they may have some issues but it won't be a desperate issues like you all make. Come down to south Florida I will show many desperate issues. This is a high end cruise ship. If a you are carnival or ncl price hunter, you should not be on celebrity. We celebrity passengers don't want want to be on said lines or a

Line wherethe average aged is decesead. Celebrity is different. High end and highly cultural people.

Please stop the acronyms and I am sure she will be ready. Perhaps they may have some issues but it won't be a desperate issues like you all make. Come down to south Florida I will show many desperate issues. This is a high end cruise ship. If a you are carnival or ncl price hunter, you should not be on celebrity. We celebrity passengers don't want want to be on said lines or a

Line wherethe average aged is decesead. Celebrity is different. High end and highly cultural people.

A cruise and some relaxation may be in order.

I feel the first sea trial will be from the shipyard contractor site (to Southampton cruise port then from Southampton to Florida).

Sea trials are meant to find problems with the systems. Take it for a spin" then back to the yard to fine tune the issues found. It might take several before it is ready for service. If the props need attention it will need to be dry docked most likely. I don't think Florida can do that.

Sea trials are meant to find problems with the systems. Take it for a spin" then back to the yard to fine tune the issues found. It might take several before it is ready for service. If the props need attention it will need to be dry docked most likely. I don't think Florida can do that.

Correct. Sea trials are done at the end of the construction process and just before delivery to the customer. They are always done before ownership has been transferred to the cruise line in case problems are discovered and need fixing. Until that ownership transfer is made, the shipyard owns the ship and is responsible for it, including making sure all systems function as designed. When all systems have checked out, a ceremony is held to perform transfer of the ownership, and a check from the cruise line is submitted to the ship yard. Only after that ceremony can the cruise line's captain finally take control of the ship.

Here is a link to a thread about Celebrity's last new ship, Reflection, with information about her sea trials.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1705058&highlight=reflection+sea+trials&page=3

And here are a couple of images of the maneuvering she made during her trials. This was on Sept 17, 2017, and she was ported at Eemshaven, Netherlands for the trials and final outfitting. Her first cruise with paying customers was a 9 day cruise on October 12, 2012 from Amsterdam, Netherlands to Barcelona, Spain. We were on her for her 2nd cruise from Barcelona to Venice, Italy.

As you can see from the images, sea trials are held to test all control functions. This includes speed tests, cornering tests, stopping tests, emergency maneuvering tests, and a very long list of engine control tests to ensure the ship is functioning as designed. These sea trials will take several days, especially if a problem is discovered and the ship needs to return to the dock to correct it.

Sea%20trials.jpg

Lets%20go%20this%20way.jpg

And here are a couple of images of the maneuvering she made during her trials. This was on Sept 17, 2017, and she was ported at Eemshaven, Netherlands for the trials and final outfitting. Her first cruise with paying customers was a 9 day cruise on October 12, 2012 from Amsterdam, Netherlands to Barcelona, Spain. We were on her for her 2nd cruise from Barcelona to Venice, Italy.

Correction: that should be Sept 17, 2012.

When are the Sea Trials (approximate date) scheduled for the Edge?

Is there a link ?

I have no idea. think it’s way to early for any sea trials to be scheduled. My guess it the first sea trials would be late summer or early fall of 2018. But that’s sheer speculation on my part.

Thanks Lloyd for the pics

Anybody know the reason for the bow now having a straight down line instead of receding if that makes sense.

We was on connie last april and at the captains question time i asked that question and all he said was that is the way the design is now going ????.

they look like liners of yesteryear .