Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Lloyd - Thanks again for the photos. Indeed the window framing does look impressive. It's always great watching the first ship in a new class being built. Reminds me when Quantum was being built and all the guessing we were doing.
I was such a novice back then. [emoji853]

At least now I know where my aft is located.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I was such a novice back then. [emoji853]

At least now I know where my aft is located.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Hahaha that's a good one. :D

A lot of us have learned and enjoyed a whole lot watching things happen in Hall 6 and sometimes Hall 5.

I know I don't speak whatever that's in, but I only see the picture of them holding a generic ship shape.

Yes, and when you look on the right side of this "shape" you can see the bow is going sort of straight up with a tilt to the left. Not the classic shape of a ship´s bow but the new one which is used by AIDAprima and AIDAperla.

Later the renderings showed this type of bow but there was no real talking about it by X.

steamboats

I was under impressions that interior of the cabin we’re all done except for furniture, I guess was wrong

Cabins are prefabbed at a different location and then installed after blocks are assembled.

The Edge’s cabins were supposed to take this modular cabin concept further, but it doesn’t look like anything different going on to me.

Lloyd?

Cabins are prefabbed at a different location and then installed after blocks are assembled.

The Edge’s cabins were supposed to take this modular cabin concept further, but it doesn’t look like anything different going on to me.

Lloyd?

Thanks

Everyday I learned something and it’s fascinating

Someone said that Celebrity has pattended a name for the bow. The bow is different but it looks has it different shades, color and even something that looks glass. What’s the secret ?

They've registered the name "parabolic ultrabow." We don't know why Celebrity would want to copyright that name when almost every major cruise line, and even some smaller expedition lines, are building ships with this vertical bow design. In a few years there won't be anything special about the Edge's bow. Ships from Aida already have it, and soon ships from Costa, P&O, Carnival, NCL, Virgin, and MSC will also. And I'm guessing the new Icon-class ships from Royal Caribbean will, but those images have not yet been released.

I wonder why everyone is moving away from a clipper bow with the underwater bulb. That hull design has been established for 60+ years as the most efficient. The vertical bow and no bulb is a very old style dating back 100+ years.

AIDA

39118199.JPG

COSTA

costa-smeralda-front-905x509.jpg

P&O

New-POw.jpg

NCL

2334-3f0ed5bd8af.jpg

MSC

CARNIVAL (leaked image of a model of their new LNG ship...same hull as Aida, Costa, and P&O ships)

15876221_1851511241796145_2546200614732300288_n.jpg