Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Hi Everyone,

We are Bruce and Paula from Burlington Ontario. Booked this cruise and will be joining our friends (44North). Can't believe how fast the cabins went for this inaugural TA. Read that its also the President's Cruise for 2019. Have a Panama cruise for April '18 to continue planning for but with all the excitement (and pictures of the building of the ship) will be visiting this roll call often.

Cheers,

Bruce

Hi Bruce & Paula. I hope you and your friends, 44 North, will join us on the Roll Call for the TA, “Celebrity Edge Transatlantic April 28, 2019.

Thanks Lloyd 555 for today’s update photos: however your last photo did not display.
The last photo is the one showing the bottom of the block. We can also see a bit of the ship yard under and behind it. It does indeed look like a cut-off photo. [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Very interesting configuration of the Aft on deck 7 just above Eden. The verandas on EDGE's aft will be more “closed in” than those of the S-class ships.

I’m disappointed about this. Booked a back to back S1 corner suite for Feb/19 before seeing a picture of the ship. We enjoy corner suites with wrap around balconies on a few different lines.

We do look forward to experiencing this beautiful new ship one time, but the closed in balcony will probably be a deal breaker.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was also disappointed when I saw a picture of the aft a while ago since I have S1's booked as well and was hoping for a more open balcony.

We will see for ourselves if the balcony has the sun we crave. If not, I still think we will enjoy this new ship and all it will have to offer.

This is the picture Lloyd posted in post # 371:

9864a212c485f2d5a6514471370e19e1.jpg

Very interesting configuration of the Aft on deck 7 just above Eden. The verandas on EDGE's aft will be more “closed in” than those of the S-class ships.

I think that feel will apply to the infinity cabin balconies also because of the flat glass completely down each side (obviously not where the magic carpet it situated as I presume one will not be able to view forward if your cabin is aft of this structure :confused:) . It will be more like a tall office block with the glass being flush from front to aft.

Hey Lloyd555:

Appreciate all these posts.

That Magic Carpet is going to be amazing.

Looking at the post 539 I can't figure out what the last picture is...

Cheers, Murray

PS... a shout out to all the Veterans who may be reading this post on Remembrance Day in Canada and elsewhere. Thank you for your service.

M

PS... a shout out to all the Veterans who may be reading this post on Remembrance Day in Canada and elsewhere. Thank you for your service.

M

Fully agree (from a former Haligonian).

Great thread. I haven’t book Edge yet but suspect that will change shortly.

I was also disappointed when I saw a picture of the aft a while ago since I have S1's booked as well and was hoping for a more open balcony.

We will see for ourselves if the balcony has the sun we crave. If not, I still think we will enjoy this new ship and all it will have to offer.

This is the picture Lloyd posted in post # 371:

9864a212c485f2d5a6514471370e19e1.jpg

- vtcruising - Notice that this rendering is a little different than the actual that Lloyd shared. From the one that Lloyd posted, the corner cabins (must be S1) have what appears to be a window cutout on the corners.

Hey Lloyd555:

Appreciate all these posts.

That Magic Carpet is going to be amazing.

Looking at the post 539 I can't figure out what the last picture is...

Cheers, Murray

M

Funnels.

c2c8c2e34b85dd7655c80116c6f04784.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Edited by Lloyd555

- vtcruising - Notice that this rendering is a little different than the actual that Lloyd shared. From the one that Lloyd posted, the corner cabins (must be S1) have what appears to be a window cutout on the corners.

I saw that too and hoped it was a 7th deck only thing. Really looks closed in.