Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Real thang vs rendering.

7515886a91b5b1e1aa0546342cbfc1d3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Very cool Lloyd. Nice side by side comparison.

In a few months when more blocks are added I will have to decide if I should stay on the Starboard side or try to move to the Port side. My S2 is not in the path of the Magic Carpet but how the area were the S3 and the Magic Carpet path sticks out my/will limit the view of the aft.

I had originally booked our cabin on the starboard side to avoid the Magic Carpet and then changed to starboard. I want to be able to watch what is going on with it during our cruise. I can get a clear view of the water on another cruise. This one will be special.

I had originally booked our cabin on the starboard side to avoid the Magic Carpet and then changed to starboard. I want to be able to watch what is going on with it during our cruise. I can get a clear view of the water on another cruise. This one will be special.

That is the same reason I originally booked the Starboard side too, to see the Magic Carpet in action. Some days I wonder if I made the right choice.

Our original booking was the sailing in March that was canceled by Celebrity due to a Full Charter. That sailing had a stop in Grand Cayman and hence the Magic Carpet and the tender process would have been great to experience.

Shipspotting images of rear of the ship.

http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=2767605#

http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=2767617#

Close-ups of photos...

7eb684638ab3ce1ed4ec65c57d762ffa.jpg

531d26596ca0a5807132bb5a954f200c.jpg

10bb78c0dadc305ec1b9f5c2fe5db87e.jpg

1370341_7_450.gif1370341_8_450.gif1370341_9_450.gif

Very interesting! I can see my two cabins, I believe (8308 and 9306 are 2 S1's starboard corner 2 and 3 decks above Eden on 6). It does look like the deck 7 S1's have different-shaped balconies. If you look at the deck plans, you can see that deck 7 aft is rounded and 8 and 9 are straighter. Will be interesting to see these evolve.

How odd. The whole assembly trying to follow the angle of the ramp makes the rear look lopsided. Makes it look like a design error. Not a good look at all.

I agree...ship itself looks unbalanced with the big red magic carpet only on one side...also the ramped looking walking deck... Throws the eye off . Lack of symmetery....Hope not bad feng shui..

I agree...ship itself looks unbalanced with the big red magic carpet only on one side...also the ramped looking walking deck... Throws the eye off . Lack of symmetery....Hope not bad feng shui..

Agree- I like symmetry - hopefully end result will look better.

With the slanted ramp inside Eden, I guess it doesn't quite stand out until pointed out. Do you see it now, Tough as Leather?

0f5f526639cc5d68f102bb454b7dec90.jpg

I do now. This and the Magic Carpet on one side only. This is one asymmetrical ship for sure! lol

Lloyd, you didn't post this shot of the top of the orange Magic Carpet's cantilevered platform's rail system here yet.

a7dca6ecc7da423babd2694f547bf083.jpg

I do now. This and the Magic Carpet on one side only. This is one asymmetrical ship for sure! lol

Lloyd, you didn't post this shot of the top of the orange Magic Carpet's cantilevered platform's rail system here yet.

a7dca6ecc7da423babd2694f547bf083.jpg

Thanks TasL

I have these two pool deck photos taken in October by WKK Architects found online.

6617d4b0991d0ec95d80a5cd286f5fb9.jpg

cf29339d1012f1220cad76b655e8d55b.jpg

1370341_7_450.gif1370341_8_450.gif1370341_9_450.gif

Very interesting! I can see my two cabins, I believe (8308 and 9306 are 2 S1's starboard corner 2 and 3 decks above Eden on 6). It does look like the deck 7 S1's have different-shaped balconies. If you look at the deck plans, you can see that deck 7 aft is rounded and 8 and 9 are straighter. Will be interesting to see these evolve.

VT - Look at Lloyds post 536 and photos again. Deck 7 corner is also "straight". I think the rounded part is the outline from deck 6 below.

imagejpeg

Edit - And according to the deck plans, Deck 7 appears to have a smaller S1 balcony than deck 8 and 9.

VT - Look at Lloyds post 536 and photos again. Deck 7 corner is also "straight". I think the rounded part is the outline from deck 6 below.

imagejpeg

Edit - And according to the deck plans, Deck 7 appears to have a smaller S1 balcony than deck 8 and 9.

Yes I think you are right[emoji2]

The engineers have no doubt worked out all the balance issues...but visually it's a bit like Wonderland...throws the brain off a bit.Maybe when we are on board it won't seem so strange with the ramping....

The elevated hot tubs are also strange.

After our EDGE cruise we plan to return to Silhouette ...esp as we believe prices will be rising for Edge Class,

Edited by hcat

Thanks TasL

I have these two pool deck photos taken in October by WKK Architects found online.

6617d4b0991d0ec95d80a5cd286f5fb9.jpg

cf29339d1012f1220cad76b655e8d55b.jpg

Hi Lloyd555:

... so the hot tubs remind me a bit of Mad Hatter Teacups from Alice in Wonderland... very "Edgy" ! ;)

Cheers, M