Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Are these "dots" the results of flame straightening to smooth out the plating and it's "potato chipping" from welding on the back side?

4fa033f9cf25e274ca94cc1a8663affa.jpg

Or did they infect the hull with Chicken Pox to give the ship immunity to norovirus? ;p

Awesome shots..thanks.

Only area we may not like when we experience it on the ship is the infinite balc... seems narrow.

(Does anyone have dimensions handy?)

We have one booked but hope we won't feel closed in compared to a reg balc..

Only area we may not like when we experience it on the ship is the infinite balc... seems narrow.

(Does anyone have dimensions handy?)

We have one booked but hope we won't feel closed in compared to a reg balc..

Here's an example:

Edge Stateroom with Infinite Veranda

Description:Edge Veranda staterooms feature a private infinite veranda which blurs the line between indoors and outdoors.

Edge Staterooms offer the latest technology that allows guests to precisely adjust nearly every comfort feature in their stateroom.

The in-room automation allows them to control everything from lighting, to shades, temperature, and service with a simple touch screen. Guests can even choose a setting that will tuck them in and gently wake them in the morning; it’s world-class service at the touch of a button.

Can accommodate up to 2 guests in this particular cabin

Type:Balcony Stateroom Size:201 sq ft*

Balcony 42 sq ft*

*Square footage is not specific to this cabin, but rather as an average in this category type.

I think you will feel more "closed in" if your cabin's bed is near the balcony (veranda).

Edited by $hip$hape

The design of the infinite balcony is just like the newer river cruise cabins - in my opinion a more effective use of space (and you won't have your neighbor peaking between the glass wind screen and the cabin wall, like in the present S cabin design - hopefully never happened but a possibility) - and the square footage is bigger than present S class balcony cabin.

The current Solstice sizes are 194 Sq ft for the cabin and 54 Sq ft for the balcony. 248 total. Edge figures 201 sq ft for the cabin (larger), balcony 42 Sq ft (smaller). Net is 5 Sq ft smaller overall.

But bathroom and shower are supposed to be larger. And a king size bed in the room. We'll have to see how they magically create more storage area - do see evidence of it yet.

Love the aft pictures! Waiting with baited breath for the 8th and 9th deck aft corner S1's to appear above Eden (couldn't book the same one for a B2B)! :D

Thanks, Lloyd, for giving us these pictures to enjoy while waiting for Celebrity to s-l-o-w-l-y release details about the ship.

Have just finished reading this whole thread and it has been spectacular! Thanks so much Lloyd! We are booked on the April-May transatlantic on her in Aqua class and getting so excited. Does anyone know how to tell where the bed is located in the cabins? Also, how do you get into the martini hot tubs? Hard to believe that my favorite ships - the SSNormandie and the SSFrance were both built in this same shipyard many years ago. How shipbuilding has changed in those years.

Hey Lloyd555:

Thank you for these stunning pictures! Loved the Edge Villa skeleton shots as we are in one for the 2019 TA!

I am curious where the fog horn is going to be though. I was on the Eclipse September past and with fog from Lisbon to Southampton the fog horn is on the mast Solstice deck 16 forward. I jumped out of my skin several times and did not have to go to the gym for cardio.

So our Edge Villa is on decks 15/16 deck forward and so is the Retreat. How are they going to handle that I wonder.

Again appreciate the photos... adds to the journey.

Cheers all.

Hi Everyone,

We are Bruce and Paula from Burlington Ontario. Booked this cruise and will be joining our friends (44North). Can't believe how fast the cabins went for this inaugural TA. Read that its also the President's Cruise for 2019. Have a Panama cruise for April '18 to continue planning for but with all the excitement (and pictures of the building of the ship) will be visiting this roll call often.

Cheers,

Bruce