Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

JP, your plans sound marvelous:),,,,,,,,,I have a big birthday coming up in March too.........60.........I am still trying

to figure out what to do:eek:.........I would LOVE to go downunder........that is my biggest wish but work gets in the way

of that kind of trip for me.........hopefully I will be able to go in a few years.

Lois, don't over think what you would like to do. Once you are over 10 years older, like me, though very healthy, trim and fit, your energy level will probably not be the same. Go for it! Negotiate with your company and take the time off. You deserve it!

Lois, don't over think what you would like to do. Once you are over 10 years older, like me, though very healthy, trim and fit, your energy level will probably not be the same. Go for it! Negotiate with your company and take the time off. You deserve it!

Hi Camillus:)...thanks for the kind words but at this point there are many other places I have never visited either

so I will find a cruise that I want to do and still have my job;)...well, still have it with the vacation time in tact.

JP, your plans sound marvelous:),,,,,,,,,I have a big birthday coming up in March too.........60.........I am still trying

to figure out what to do:eek:.........I would LOVE to go downunder........that is my biggest wish but work gets in the way

of that kind of trip for me.........hopefully I will be able to go in a few years.

Hi Lois,

It seems to me that you've got lot's of stuff floating around in your mind, but one thing is clear. You need to decide whether this is something you really want to do ( the answer to that is a simple yes or no) and if it is a yes you need to make it happen.

There's only you to consider and if you wish to do this you need to map out a plan. We'll all help map it out.

So are you going to do this?

:)

Hi Jeff, sometimes we have to do things within parameters..........I would love to go to Australia and hopefully one day

I will be able to but right now it is not possible.

I will find something I want to do and enjoy that trip too:).....possibly a River Cruise (took my first one last year and LOVED IT).

Or something to South America.......I am still researching things:)

I want to be able to go without a "timeframe"...........I work fulltime and I cannot be away at the end of each month...month

end close........so there is almost a week worth of days I can't be away.

This trip? I know it takes 2 or 3 days to even get there (I live on the East Coast of the states)......and 2 or 3 days to get

home.......and then the cruise;)

I want to go but it will just have to wait.........there are many other places I have never visited so I will pick something

else and enjoy them too:)

Ahhh....nope, I haven't planned anything yet.........the 60th birthday is the next trip (after this SS cruise:)).........

to be honest, I am probably going to wait and see how much I enjoy this cruise and maybe book something else with

SS:D

Thanks all for your good wishes. Daughter and family will celebrate with friends at their camp in Cayuga Lake, and we will hike the Baltimore Woods nearby. Later, steak on the grill and lots of wine. Recuperated, at last!!

Omg...looks delicious:)

I am an apple pie gal myself;):)....my Mom used to make the best in the world:D.......the crust was always

so flakey...........yummmmmmm

Later in 2018 we would like to get back to Germany, if we can arrange a factory delivery with Audi. I want to spend more time along the Rhine and Alsatian wine routes. But I also want to visit the region of the Elbe in detail. Sazon Switzerland, Dresden, etc all look so beautiful. But there are so many other places to see!

We need to get back to Denmark to see my brother and family again, after they move to Aarhus later this year.

We have talked about visiting Belgium for some time. The Great War sites would be interesting if they don't horrify us, but history isn't always pretty. Brussels is an easy flight for us from Kennedy. And they speak French... Maybe a short trip there.

Longer trips - we keep looking at China but the 2-week trips seem like such a whirlwind. Yet we both want to go while we're relatively young and can handle the long trip and some strenuous touring. Not sure what to do about that. It is hard to take 3 weeks off in a row, plus that knocks out a big chunk of vacation time so it limits the rest of our options. I guess China will have to wait a little longer until we figure this out.

Oh, and lest I forget, we still have the entire southern half of Madagascar to explore. That will take another 10-14 days for sure.

We'd also like to try the Kimberly cruise some day but that will probably have to wait a few years.

Any other suggestions? ;p Keep adding to my list?

Happy 4th from onboard the Spirit in La Coruña, Spain!

If you do the Audi factory delivery, let me know how it goes. I've been wanting to do that, too. My 35th birthday is coming up next year, and I'd like to do that as my present.

The problem is fitting it in time-wise and financially in between two cruises a year and two trips to Europe a year lol

Michael

Happy 4th from onboard the Spirit in La Coruña, Spain!

If you do the Audi factory delivery, let me know how it goes. I've been wanting to do that, too. My 35th birthday is coming up next year, and I'd like to do that as my present.

The problem is fitting it in time-wise and financially in between two cruises a year and two trips to Europe a year lol

Michael

Thanks and Happy 4th to you as well.

We have done the factory delivery twice before and it is a top-notch experience. You will have a great time. Audi does it really well and the only tiny knock is that the hotels are routine, middle-of-the-road properties. Perfectly adequate but not luxurious. They make a full day out of it if you want; there's a factory tour, museum, and full cafeteria at the Forum in Ingolstadt and all are included. They even pick you up from your Munich hotel and drive you to Ingolstadt in a beautiful A8; the chauffeur will really fly.

I blogged about both experiences but the blogsite I used no longer exists, so those stories will have to be moved somewhere else. Basically we picked up on a Monday morning, drove around for a week (we've covered a lot in Bavaria, Franconia, North-Central Switzerland, and parts of Tyrol), and dropped the car off at a shipper in Frankfurt the following Monday. Then we'd fly home and wait for the car to catch up - it takes about 4-5 weeks.

There is nothing more fun than looking at a wide-open, no-limit section of the Autobahn from behind the wheel of a superfast new Audi. We got the S6 and the S7 up over 200 km/h in spots, but didn't want to go much faster before they were "officially" broken in. And yes, while going over 200 km/h, I had to get back into the right lane so a Porsche could pass me! Exhilarating!

We will definitely do it again; the uncertainty is when the new RS5 convertible comes out - will it be late 2018 as a 2019 model, or in 2019? That's the next car for us, but if it's too late in 2018 we don't want to be driving around in yucky weather with that kind of beast.

Greetings Coolers! Sunshine again today! A record so far this spring/summer!

Happy 4th to our neighbours! Safe and joyful celebrations are the wishes!

Spins...that pie looks amazing! Cherry is my absolute favourite! I never got the knack for pie making but my grandmother made awesome pies! Second favourite source for delicious cherry pies were diners! :) Back in the day of course!

Have an awesome day all!

That is an awesome looking cherry pie. We rarely make dessert because it's hard to cut the recipe down to something for two, and it we make more, it gets eaten. Fun to look at that tasty pie pic, though!

Ribs are done soaking in the brine, and now they are covered with a dry rub for an hour or so. Cooking will start soon. Slow indirect heat on the grill - not quite as slow as Jeff's smoker but will be tasty anyway. :D

Last night I made moussaka using ground veal instead of lamb. Was very nice and we have leftovers. Makes lunch planning easy for the rest of the week.

ece85c98642bda458e0451eb6fa9e2de.jpg