Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

I have my glass ready for the pour Miss S. :)

In further news, 4 other provinces in Canada are pulling the bottles from their shelves.

"The Liquor Control Board Of Ontario was the first to issue a recall after its internal quality assurance team discovered that some bottles of Bombay Sapphire London Dry Gin had not been properly diluted, resulting in an alcohol content of 77 per cent, not 40 per cent as listed on the bottle."

"The product, which is imported and distributed by Bermuda based rum conglomerate Bacardi, would have the product code of L16304 imprinted near the the bottom of the back of the bottle everywhere in Canada, but the UPC or barcode numbers would differ."

"In a statement to CBC News, Bacardi Canada said "we believe this incident is isolated to Canada only."" Lucky us!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bombay-sapphire-gin-recall-1.4097353

Greetings from a lovely sunny day here in Wales.......where my gardener is working hard re-shaping my garden...tomorrow my hanging baskets will go into the nursery to be filled and l shall be looking for the bedding plants for my tubs....😀

Shots...love French onion soup, it's a meal in itself and so delicious....yours looks scrumptious.

Mysty...hope Mr Retirement is settling down to a stress free life....and good that you are clearing out....I've still got boxes here from two years ago when l moved so need to get a grip!

As much as l love our Royal Family l am quite bemused as to what all the fuss is about with Phil the Greek retiring....secret staff meetings and media frenzy again for what.....does he know that our Myster has also retired along with many many others.....yikes!

Ah well.....☺️

Greetings Coolers! Sun is trying to shine this morning. Rain is forecast for tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday. There is already flooding in the surrounding areas and people are being evacuated. The ground is saturated, the rivers are breaching their banks and boats are being used to rescue stranded residents because the roads are submerged. The Ottawa area is relatively unaffected but Gatineau Quebec (across the river from Ottawa) is having major issues.

Miss S. Thanks for thinking of Myster. There was not even a drum roll when he left the office for the last time. I think they are planning a lunch for him at a later date (at least I hope they are). He has always been a night owl and now he can indulge that luxury and sleep in. I am a morning person and I start to wilt as the time approaches 10 pm. We may become ships passing in the night. :)

Have a wonderful day all!

Jeff, it's a large slice of French bread!

Trust me, I'm very generous with portions.

Hubby spent a cold day mowing and was injured by thorn bushes along the way. This meal was his comfort food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All in good fun!

Well, the lull in work has ended, and I am back to being busy. I like being busy. It makes the day go much faster!

2 more patients to see and I am out for the day. Now.... what to make for dinner??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Coolers,

So many details before a trip! Here I am paying bills, estimating bills coming in when we're out and paying them in advance, making sure the mail is halted, the Verizon international calls plan kicks in... and you get it...etc., etc., etc.

And just since yesterday, DH has come down with a cold...which he'll most probably and generously share with me...

Not nice, taking an eight hour flight with a cold. We were able to ensure a two seat space, so that will work well in minimizing discomfort to other passengers... However, as per all the Mucinex I've been throwing at him, I hope he will be fine by Monday.

Glad to hear all is going fine with you all!

Going SS Whisper Barcelona-Southhampton May 10-22. We will be staying for far too few days in London, but we need to get back. This will be our first time in the Whisper, and we have a friend who thinks it's the best. I tend to think the ship is full, bu not much activity on the roll call; but we are eight, so I got confirmation for the M&M.

Going SS Whisper Barcelona-Southhampton May 10-22. We will be staying for far too few days in London, but we need to get back. This will be our first time in the Whisper, and we have a friend who thinks it's the best. I tend to think the ship is full, bu not much activity on the roll call; but we are eight, so I got confirmation for the M&M.

Hi Cam

Looking forward to putting a face to the words next week at the M & M

We have not yet received any confirmation for the gathering but expect an invite when we embark

See you next week

Mike

It is quite beyond my (9+hr sleeping) understanding of just what occupies the thoughts of Jeff in the wee small hours.

Fires are indeed a primeval attraction to Homo Sapiens, and alcohol is the drug of chose for most.

I can't sit still for five minutes.. it's a curse.. hospital visit today .. aaaarrrggghhhhhhh…..

Do you reinvent the wheel in your reveries Jeff , image like JL, or….. do tell… ……please…..:halo:

This will be our first time in the Whisper, and we have a friend who thinks it's the best. I tend to think the ship is full, bu not much activity on the roll call; but we are eight, so I got confirmation for the M&M.

See you next week

Mike

Beaujolais Nouveau!

It is quite beyond my (9+hr sleeping) understanding of just what occupies the thoughts of Jeff in the wee small hours.

Fires are indeed a primeval attraction to Homo Sapiens, and alcohol is the drug of chose for most.

I can't sit still for five minutes.. it's a curse.. hospital visit today .. aaaarrrggghhhhhhh…..

Do you reinvent the wheel in your reveries Jeff , image like JL, or….. do tell… ……please…..:halo:

tgh,

Wifey feels it stems from my earlier career when I use to stay up and work all night and was permanently fired up on adrenalin and those timings are now hard wired and seemingly firmly imprinted and unshakeable and have never needed much sleep anyway. Wifey now stays up with me until around 1:30 ish and then I listen to music through the QC35s, read - largely social history which is an obsession - I'm currently progressing from Medieval to Elizabethan England .... and the odd bit of baking and some boxed sets.

Last night I hatched a plan to try out something along the lines of Fruit Babas which I may try today.

Today's lunch is ....

FE431647-E547-4E2A-92EA-C60A78481C1C.jpg

Hello Mike (Beaujolais)! Glad to catch you on this thread. Yes, it will be great to meet and mingle!

tgh, I tend to sleep well at night but last night, after the pressures of pre-travel ordeals, I slept ten hours!! Ten, I had not slept like this since being a teenager.

Jeff, I haven't opened your links as yet, but I will say your mind gets a lot of exercise in those wee hours. You are as sharp as a needle... No, I don't that is the correct phrasing, but I haven't finished my coffee yet and can't think right...

Camillus

Are you all ready to go?

The excitement builds! Enjoy every second of it.

Hoping that there will be an opportunity for secondhand enjoyment too, i.e., that you will take us along with you in your posts.

:-)