Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

8189cbd9b780ae39d30b91d58a594456.jpg

YES, appreciate this great view with the excellent beach view, inspiring sky, etc. Looking wonderful!! Not quite sure, however, I am ready to pronounce Jeff as "serene and gorgeous". Sorry!! There are limits. "Truth in advertising" laws apply here, don't they?

Am catching up this morning. Been busy the past week or so with visiting Virginia for time with our two grandsons, plus work projects, etc. AND, yesterday had a hospital emergency room "experience" dealing for the first time with a kidney stone. Not fun or enjoyable!! Very painful. But, it passed through and things are getting back to normal today.

Now less than three weeks till we depart for Lisbon on June 9. It's 32 days till our Silver Spirit cruise starts on June 14 from Lisbon to Rouen/France.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 179,388 views for this posting.

Delivered! We found somewhere else. We had exactly the same last night .....

Eurovision torture is on at the moment. Italy is performing. The UK are not expecting many votes from our close friends in Europe. Although it would be funny if we got a high popular vote.

Glad you found a new place to get your curry fix! :)

Something I read recently grabbed me by the throat:

"I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practice resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life." - Henry David Thoreau

Something I read recently grabbed me by the throat:

"I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practice resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life." - Henry David Thoreau

That quote was mentioned by one of the characters in the film, Dead Poet's Society.

Moral of the story.

When eating osso bucco, always have a marrow spoon.

Ma si! My favorite part. :D

Thanks Spins and JP! :) I feel better already! Spins, you had me googling marrow spoon. It looks like a surgical instrument. EEEEK! JP, you have an awesome memory. I did not remember that quote from Dead Poet's Society and I loved that movie.

Well Coolers, looks like I've missed a bunch! Lots going on here and I have been too busy to post.

First, some good news. I received full credentialing and privileges at work. That's a pretty big deal where I work.

Second, a little grey kitten wandered into our backyard yesterday. He was hungry, tired, and in need of love. We decided to adopt him. We named him Socks. Right now he is sleeping in a pile of blankets in the garage. He goes to the vet Wednesday to be checked out, get shots, and, dare I say it, be fixed! We can't risk the health of our other cats, which is why the quarantine in the garage.

We spent yesterday driving across the state to visit my husbands mother and grandmother's graves. We put flowers on them for Mother's Day. It is sweet but sad for the hubby.

With all that, I haven't been cooking much. So, no food pictures, much to my regret.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Coolers!

Well done Shots and hope Socks settles in....Hope your rain has cleared M....we've had our drop or two here this past couple of days but right now its clearing up nicely with a good forecast.

Enjoyed a lingering lunch yesterday at the River Pub..had goats cheese and fig filo followed by a shoulder of lamb all of which was quite superb washed down with the house white....Hic!

The antibiotics Dr gave me on Friday seem to be working well at last and my get up and go is quietly returning...I've been re-potting my new plants today, the rhododendron is now in full bloom and looking so pretty.

M...do please refrain from calling our very own Jeffers serene and gorgeous....he'll be rising above his status if we are not careful...!! 😉😳😜

Happy Sunday ☺️

Greetings Coolers! More rain today. Seriously I think our star of warmth has gone walk about. Myster has bravely set off for his first golf game of the season. Yes, in the rain. Dedication or foolhardiness? The heart wants what the heart wants.

Happy Mother's Day to all the Cooler Moms and those brave souls who take on Mom duties!

A morning of quiet contemplation on order. Hopefully more productive than navel gazing!

Have a great day all!

Miss S....Our posts crossed. I'll definitely be more careful with my reverence of Mr. S&G. :) We can't have any station rising here. It would disturb the "force". Glad you enjoyed your lunch yesterday and that the meds seem to be working for you!

Miss S....Our posts crossed. I'll definitely be more careful with my reverence of Mr. S&G. :) We can't have any station rising here. It would disturb the "force". Glad you enjoyed your lunch yesterday and that the meds seem to be working for you!

Glad you agree M....we do not want the 'force' with us here 😉

Myster is a very brave man venturing on to the golf course in the rain with the risk of wet balls...😝

Enjoy the peace!

☺️

Beautiful flower Spins!!!

JP...Myster is not back from his game yet. I have a feeling he will be sopping wet though. Loved Caddyshack! And I am really enjoying your reference here! :) Not sure Myster will share the sentiment though!

Terry, hope you are feeling better. That is a miserable experience... It has been compared to another painful experience which is apropos to today.

Chris and I aren't doing much today as neither of our mothers are with us, but we do have fond memories. Here is my mom back when I was less than a year old. She was 19 in this photo.

7cedfcc2fe5c7d8195a1d5eb49a16ca7.jpg

My grandmother (Mom's mother) is 98 and still ticking. I'll give her a call later to let her know we're thinking of her, and to share stories of mom. [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app