Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

Agreed! On all counts! If I can get Myster to take his nose out of his current sudoku preoccupation, I think he would thoroughly enjoy the Idler! And as I read further into "travels", I too am envious of the serenity and pure enjoyment portrayed. This is how I would love to live!

Greetings from our Detroit layover, Coolers! We were at the airport in London for the one minute of silence and the airport, usually so hurried and noisy, came to a complete halt and hush. We were moved by the solemnity and sense of solidarity. Gives one hope for this world!

I have been called a slacker in my lifetime, but never an Idler. Perhaps that would have been a nicer moniker.

Also have been rassling with an errant leaking commode in the past weeks, necessitating the use of a hacksaw on three rusty bolts. So far I have been beaten by a toilet, but I will persevere.

It's keeping me focused away from events of the world.

Just got the news from multiple cell aspirates taken from Eloise, no malignancy. Good news.

Thanks all too for posting, I read them and think of you and your lives!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Good news about Eloise Spins. I have sometimes been beaten too the toilet but never beaten by one.

The first chapter of Jerome K Jerome's "Idle Thoughts of an Idle Fellow" is the definitive tome. It is called "On being Idle" It is s only a few pages but is pure nectar. It is also a free kindle download. It may sound rediculous but I use to coach my personal clients about Idling and how to rebalance life from work obsession to understanding why lunch must start at 11:30 with something sparkling and finish at about 7pm or 10pm if there is a lot too drink. I urge all student Idlers to read the first chapter. It is mandated reading for Cooler membership.

https://www.amazon.com/Idle-Thoughts-Fellow-Jerome-K-ebook/dp/B0082ZJPYC/ref=sr_1_1_twi_kin_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1495747815&sr=1-1&keywords=jerome+k+jerome+idle

Camels, glad you enjoyed London ..... safe travels .....

Wifey is having the dental work tommorow now the infection has cleared. I will gold her hand.

Christianity has quietly died, and along with it any expansionist ambitions (wars et al)

No such problem for Islam as they breed in bulk and progressively infiltrate and subjugate.

There is little history of peaceful intent in either Islam or , for that matter, Christianity.

Both iterations are aggressive subjugators , and the window dressing of the bible and the Quran hide the reality.

Exec summary : The rise and rise of Islam is on track and on budget…..

Hi Soapy,

yes the scenes at 11am in Manchester was moving and it was good that the Queen visited.

There are no easy answers but what must happen but isn't is that all Muslim leaders must keep repeating .... and by that I mean they must shout .... that Islamism is NOT and has nothing to do with Islam. They must explain to their own young and communities that Islamism is abhorrent to all genuine Muslims and that they sully the name of Muhhamad when they pass their brand of extremism as his teachings which it is not.

The challenge is that they spend as much time hating different brands of Islam and there is no clear leader as say a Chief Rabbi or Pope. But that doesn't excuse every community Iman and Muslim leader of all sects from repeating that on this topic there is solidarity and repeating the mantra that Islamism is not Islam. They must teach their children and young to love and not hate their neighbours and that they must preserve their religion within the context of assimilation into their host countries.

Well, for what it's worth, whilst the increasing number of Muslims is undoubted, it isn't really a significant factor because isn't the sad reality that the nature of terrorism and it's effects, is that you actually only need possibly twenty or so determined extreme Islamists each year to paralyse and change the World?

Christianity has quietly died, and along with it any expansionist ambitions (wars et al)

No such problem for Islam as they breed in bulk and progressively infiltrate and subjugate.

There is little history of peaceful intent in either Islam or , for that matter, Christianity.

Both iterations are aggressive subjugators , and the window dressing of the bible and the Quran hide the reality.

Exec summary : The rise and rise of Islam is on track and on budget…..

Greetings Coolers! And the rain continues! :(

On a happier note, Myster and I are going for a hotel overnight to celebrate our 39th wedding anniversary (last weekend while babysitting) and Myster's 67th birthday (tomorrow). We have dinner reservations for a menu degustation du chef dinner with wine pairings and we did not want to drive home. Should be fun!

Best wishes for Mrs. J and her dental issues today!

Have a great day all and a wonderful weekend!

Hello Coolers.....😄

Yet another very hot day here in the Welsh Borders.....have gone quite Mediterranean and closed all the blinds to keep the house cool!

Spins....so pleased to hear the good news about Eloise.....hope she continues to recover well.

Looking forward to seeing you again in September.

Jeffers...thinking about Mrs J this morning with her dental trauma......am sure you will be taking great care of her.

Hope Mysty and her rainy days have cleared up....a drop of the wet stuff maybe coming our way this evening which may clear the air a tad and make for a better nights sleep!

Interesting chat and views on our current critical situation here....very many events happening here this bank holiday weekend and l pray that we see no more barbaric attacks.

Happy Weekend

S 😊

Greetings Coolers! And the rain continues! :(

On a happier note, Myster and I are going for a hotel overnight to celebrate our 39th wedding anniversary (last weekend while babysitting) and Myster's 67th birthday (tomorrow). We have dinner reservations for a menu degustation du chef dinner with wine pairings and we did not want to drive home. Should be fun!

Best wishes for Mrs. J and her dental issues today!

Have a great day all and a wonderful weekend!

Crikey M....our posts have crossed again! I wish you and Myster a very happy anniversary along with a most enjoyable hotel stay....and also wishing Myster a very Happy Birthday...🎂🍸

Have great fun and do report back...😉

Hello from Camillus! Finally arrived home last night at midnight, exhausted, but happy with our lovely cruise and London experience. Today is my birthday, and DD has planned a nice family reunion at a restaurant this evening. Looking forward to my grandkids' gifts which are, not bought, but self made.

More celebrations this month! My best wishes for a wonderful anniversary to Mysty and Myster and for Myster's birthday. And let's not forget Mrs. Jeff, who I'm sure has already received the visit of the tooth fairy in succulent, chewable meals!!

Thanks Cam! Happy Birthday to you! Have a wonderful evening and savour the treats your grandkids have made for you. Nothing like handmade! So glad you enjoyed your cruise and London visit! Welcome back to the Cooler Bar!

Good afternoon Coolers from a nice Cool Hampshire. Even managed to get upstairs to be at 04:00 and got some sleep ...

You are most welcome Camels ..... the card caught my eye in the card shop .....:)

For those that struggle with the issue facing our world of Islamism and it's relationship with Islam, Andrew Norfolk has written a well thought out explanation in today's Times which I've shared, of why the lines are so dangerously blurred. It explains (in my view well) why whilst many Muslims may condemn the actions of Islamists it seems so much fewer have less to fundaemntally disgagree with the Islamists about their core basic beliefs.

Anyway .... thought provoking.

Many Islams exist — this death cult is one of them

"To say jihadist murders have nothing to do with their religion ignores a less comfortable truth"

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/many-islams-exist-in-the-world-this-death-cult-is-one-of-them-k52qmnclp?shareToken=28bbd17326270bb1a53c5a237b74a1ce

For those that struggle with the issue facing our world of Islamism and it's relationship with Islam, Andrew Norfolk has written a well thought out explanation in today's Times which I've shared, of why the lines are so dangerously blurred. It explains (in my view well) why whilst many Muslims may condemn the actions of Islamists it seems so much fewer have less to fundaemntally disgagree with the Islamists about their core basic beliefs.

Anyway .... thought provoking. Many Islams exist — this death cult is one of them. "To say jihadist murders have nothing to do with their religion ignores a less comfortable truth"

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/many-islams-exist-in-the-world-this-death-cult-is-one-of-them-k52qmnclp?shareToken=28bbd17326270bb1a53c5a237b74a1ce

Appreciate this and the very good and solid summary by this writer. Had not heard of his name, but Andrew Norfolk has an impressive, award-winning background.

What's up (or down) with the British Airways IT melt-down and their scrubbed flights. Sounds like a real mess.

Yes, to Cams, Happy Birthday. Glad Jeff's wife is recovering well from her dental work.

In just two weeks, we will be arrive for the first time in Lisbon, Portugal. Looking forward to exploring that historic city.

Any word from J.P.? Love to read more details and see pictures from Prague, etc. Off now to dinner and a movie. Busy Memorial Day weekend here in the USA. Nice weather here. Mostly mid 70'sF, a few showers, but mostly sunny and nice.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting and dramatic pictures can be seen from this live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 31,955 views for this visual sharing including Cape Town, along South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta area.