My time dining

delta13

If just two are cruising, can you dine at your own table if you choose my time dining? I know you can on NCL or Carnival, so just checking to see if this works the the same on RCL.

Sure, no problem. Just express your preference to the MTD host/hostess when you arrive for dinner.

Edited by clarea

With MTD, you are seated only with your own party. If you want tablemates, you should do traditional seating....

That's so odd, we had MTD last week on Brilliance and were seated with others one night.

Edited by clarea

With MTD, you are seated only with your own party. If you want tablemates, you should do traditional seating....

PLEASE stop saying this. You have never had My Time Dining and you do not know how it works. You can sit with just your party OR with others. We have done both of these options on many cruises.

Your information is so incorrect most of the time; I would hate for a newbie to think what you say is true.

Can you make a reservation with MTD? If yes, can you make it for the whole week, or do you have to make it each day for that evening?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Yes, you can absolutely make reservations for the whole week. No problem at all.

Can you make a reservation with MTD? If yes, can you make it for the whole week, or do you have to make it each day for that evening?

It's your option to make a standing reserbation for the entire cruise, different reservation each day, no reservation, or any combination.

Reservations can be made in advance, either on-board with the MTD maitre d' or on-line. I am on Oasis in 4 weeks and made my MTD reservations for each day on-line two months ago (I think advance on-line reservations are available for all ships, but possible it is only for certain ship classes). Walk-ups (no reservations) are often seated promptly, but may have a wait at peak dining times (which are often 6:30-8). On occasion the wait time for walk-ups may differ significantly depending on your seating preference (eg they may be trying to fill a shared table and it may be available immediately versus a wait for a 2-top; or 2-tops are available immediately and larger tables to share may be a wait). I have never had a problem getting a table for 2 in MTD, but 2-tops are in short supply in Traditional Dining.

PLEASE stop saying this. You have never had My Time Dining and you do not know how it works. You can sit with just your party OR with others. We have done both of these options on many cruises.

Your information is so incorrect most of the time; I would hate for a newbie to think what you say is true.

Although I didn't post it, it's certainly been my experience. I have had My Time Dining 3 times and every night we have been seated just the three of us. Maybe there are some tables that you could sit with others but looking around in the MDR I haven't noticed it and there are many 2 and 4 tops. The larger tables seem to be large families traveling together.

I'm not saying it's not possible, but I don't think it's the norm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My sister and brother in law always had their request honored to be seated at a large table (with strangers) during MTD. Their past cruise 2 weeks ago on Liberty was the exception. So many large family groups that they had to dine at a 2-top each evening. They never made advance reservations and never had to wait more than 5-10 mins.

Although I didn't post it, it's certainly been my experience. I have had My Time Dining 3 times and every night we have been seated just the three of us. Maybe there are some tables that you could sit with others but looking around in the MDR I haven't noticed it and there are many 2 and 4 tops. The larger tables seem to be large families traveling together.

I'm not saying it's not possible, but I don't think it's the norm.

Probably varies by ship/sailing, but on our recent Brilliance cruise, when we arrived at the MTD desk, we were asked if we wanted to sit with others.

• 4 weeks later...

We always make it a point to speak to the Maitre D as soon as possible on day one of our cruise to make arrangements for a table for two. I also politely ask to be away from other tables since they can be quite close together on some ships. This has worked for us on every cruise.

I agree with Langley- we have had MTD on several cruises over recent years, and have been able to join with other parties who were being seated at the same time for each evening, and we met many wonderful guests this way.

Going on Allure in March. We already have traditional late seating at 8:30 each night. Can I make a MTD reservation on Tuesday to accommodate our current reservation for the Momma Mia show on Tuesday which starts at 9:30pm? If so, can I make this one day MTD reservation on line without jeopardizing my current traditional late seating reservation?

My wife and I use MTD, and if we are in a hurry when it is at busy times, we tell them that sitting with others is no problem. Unless you experience being seated with an angry husband that did nothing except bitch about the entire cruise! His wife was very nice, so I didn't want to upset her by asking to be moved, but you could tell she was not happy with him.:)