Does my first time cruiser get some of my platinum benefits?

There's no such thing as a Platinum Lounge. Other than that, if you share an address you can register him with C&A and he will receive Platinum benefits (not a really big deal though - once you are married he will get matching benefits). Just ask your room steward for a second robe - shouldn't be a problem.

He will have no coupons on seapass or invitation to top tier event. Nor will his seapass indicate that he is Platinum as yours will. Some ships have robes in the cabins and on some they have to be requested.

I would not read into this whole "Benefits" thing.

Anything that RC claims is not worth a dime.

Except maybe a free spin on a slot machine and win a keychain if you lucky.

As far as boarding, there is no difference unless you have a suite.

They just send people to the shorter lines no matter what the status is.

Also, don't waste time emailing people ahead of time...

Edited by matj2000

See thats why I love CC! Lol the email specifically stated a private departure lounge for platinum but I have never heard of a platinum lounge for departure! The benefits arent much more than gold except for the balcony discount. Plus we always wear robes so not having to pack them would be awesome! I would also love priority boarding in a private lounge but doubted that right away. We dont live together yet so he is a lowly noob for now lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Hi! So I got an email from RCCL telling me about my platinum benefits. Does my fiance get priority boarding with me? Is there a platinum lounge at Ft. Lauderdale? Also can I email someone to request robes or do I have to do that when I meet my steward?

officially no. Royal does not extend status to cabin mates.

HOWEVER.. if he resides with you you can call up C&A and have your linked to your account and on board she will get the same coupons added to her sea pass card. ( or wait until you have tied the knot )

Platinum is not really al that special and there will generally not be any priority anything or special areas.

when entering the terminal she will most likely be allowed in the same line as you( just keep in mind that the 'first timer' line may actually be shorter) and be given the same boarding number.

Robes will be doubtful unless you are in a JS or above. otherwise you probably need to ask, and they may not have any to spare. I actually find them too bulky to be comfortable so I pack a silk/acetate one for myself.

*sorry, He. this is what I get for assuming stuff.

Edited by spookwife
gender issues

See thats why I love CC! Lol the email specifically stated a private departure lounge for platinum but I have never heard of a platinum lounge for departure! The benefits arent much more than gold except for the balcony discount. Plus we always wear robes so not having to pack them would be awesome! I would also love priority boarding in a private lounge but doubted that right away. We dont live together yet so he is a lowly noob for now lol

DEPARTURE lounge means at the END of the cruise. it will be a section of a lounge or bar with simple pastries and pitchers of OJ and a coffee urn. its by departure number/ticket.

If I remember correctly, as a C&A Platinum member we had access to a separate departure area on the ship during disembarkation.:)

We are newly "platinum" and have a cruise coming up in February. I don't recall getting an email recently about benefits. Am definitely interested in any discounts available to a Jr. Suite upgrade from our balcony cabin.

The balcony discount is the same for any stateroom with a balcony. In other words, there is no additional discount from going to a JS from a regular balcony.

We are newly "platinum" and have a cruise coming up in February. I don't recall getting an email recently about benefits. Am definitely interested in any discounts available to a Jr. Suite upgrade from our balcony cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi! I leave in 3 days and just got the email ☺

There used to be seperate waiting area's on the ship for Platinum, Diamond...etc when leaving...the last few cruises I've been on it's been 1 waiting area for all C&A levels, except for Pinanacle....

My apologies for being off topic but you really should consider removing your personal pictures from your signature. Beside the risk of posting such pics on a public website, having them on every post is really redundant.

You can turn off the signatures, or actually put this member on your "ignore list". Both will accomplish not seeing her pics every time. :)

My apologies for being off topic but you really should consider removing your personal pictures from your signature. Beside the risk of posting such pics on a public website, having them on every post is really redundant.

I just keep signatures turned off, problem solved.

No problem for being off topic! 😊 In the world of social media personal pictures are everywhere and Im ok with that. I do sincerely thank you for your concern. I actually turn off signatures for this site on my phone. At home I like to see everyones pictures but on my cell it takes forever to load! Happy cruising!

Thanks to all! Ill see if we can snag robes but no biggie if not. I appreciate the info!

DEPARTURE lounge means at the END of the cruise. it will be a section of a lounge or bar with simple pastries and pitchers of OJ and a coffee urn. its by departure number/ticket.

And to add to the above in red...On our last cruise on Oasis it was ANYONE who was GOLD up to DIAMOND PLUS. That was approx. half the ship!

Enjoy

M

There used to be seperate waiting area's on the ship for Platinum, Diamond...etc when leaving...the last few cruises I've been on it's been 1 waiting area for all C&A levels, except for Pinanacle....

How about Suites?