happy hour on princess cruises

kaiser369

• 2 months later...
Generally twice a day there is a BOGO - Buy one and get the second (identical) drink for $1. It's a great deal. I usually would get straight scotch or bourbon and ask them to put both pours in one glass. If you like, only one of you can order a drink - say a Mojito - and then the other person in your party can have the second drink.

There should be one BOGO in the afternoon and another in the evening.

That's a great idea about the scotch. Next time around I won't be purchasing the liquor package and I'll have to tell my husband to do this.

On the RUBY PRINCESS, which bars offer BOGO and when? How would you know it is BOGO? Do they put it in daily itineraries? First time on a Princess Ship, not sure what to expect.

It will be listed daily in the patters.

It's a good deal on beer. Beats the buy 4 get 1 free special that they run.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've seen people order 4 beers and get another 4 for $4. They request that they not be opened as they take them back to their cabin and drink them. There's nothing that says you can't remove them from the bar area. But Happy Hour is a great deal!

Anyone know when and where the crown offers bogo

Just got off an 8 day and a 5 day cruise on the Crown. Happy hour in the Wheelhouse every day from 3-4 (except the first day) and Skywalkers either 10-11 or 11-12. Check the Patter for hours. The bartenders must open all beer purchased during happy hour, then you can consume them wherever you wish.

• 2 weeks later...

I confirm one of the previous posts - I was on Royal Princess Dec 10 - 20, 2017, first Happy Hour was at Crooner's (3-4 pm) and at Club (10-11 pm). Once the afternoon happy hour was moved from Crooner's to one of the bars in pool area.

People would come and buy bottled beer or small bottles of Korbel and take it to cabin without even drinking it at the bar. Some would buy 3 at the time...some 4...

If you are sailing on Royal before 02.18.17, you most likely run will meet a great bartender Nikola (his contract ends on 18th). He is a great guy and an awesome bartender. Ask for his Old Fashioned, you'll love it!

star princess had a bogo in explorer and wheelhouse bars.had it until 6:pm.great for a.t.d.did not go for late night drinks on 10 Mexican riveria cruise in nov.16

What time did the BOGO start on the Star that ended at 6 and was it in both bars? We're sailing soon on the Star and would like to take advantage of it on sea days. Thanks!

Do theses venues get crowded, making it hard to get waited on during happy hour?

Yes from our experience. But especially in the afternoon at Crooners where others prefer to be in line at the bar rather than wait for bar staff to be served.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do theses venues get crowded, making it hard to get waited on during happy hour?

We recently did 28 days on Emerald and Wheelhouse was an absolute zoo during the BOGO. We couldn't participate as we were booked under the Sip and Sail and you can't order two drinks at a time. Of course we weren't paying for drinks so it didn't really matter but some folks said they had a hard time getting served. Of course others said they never had a problem so it seems to vary. Unless I was already at the bar when the BOGO started I tended to avoid the venue during those times. Both BOGO sessions were held in Wheelhouse. I have no idea whey they didn't have one of them in Skywalker's as that venue was generally pretty much dead.

When we were on REGAL in Nov, 2015, we attended two or three times at Crooners in the afternoon and, although it was busier than normal, we didn't have any problems getting a drink. We expected a short wait of course. And we weren't concerned with trying to get another round before expiry time.

• 3 weeks later...

We have just got off Diamond Princess a few days ago, after Cruise from Sydney, and there was no happy hour at all.

However we were on the “Coral” doing a Panama Canal the previous month and happy hour was as people have stated.

I have been on cruises in Australia where they have happy hour - once on the Sun Princess to North QLD and the other on the Diamond Princess to Fiji. There seems to be no consistency with their policy even here within Australia.

Just caught up with your post.

My cruise was a 3 night Sydney-Melbourne. I understand the Queensland and Fiji cruises are at least 7 to 14 days, so it's possible the Happy Hour doesn't happen on the shorter cruises.

On our last cruise (Ruby) we attended the BOGO most afternoons. It was busy, but not overwhelmingly so-- had no trouble getting served. I am concerned about our upcoming cruise, as it is an almost sold out (about 12 cabins still available) Spring Break cruise. I expect the Happy Hour to be a zoo.

We were on the Caribbean Princess for the January 3, 2018 10-day Panama Canal cruise. They did not offer the BOGO happy hour special.

Likewise on the circle Caribbean we just concluded. It appears that each ship has some latitude to offer their promotions.

We were on the Caribbean Princess for the January 3, 2018 10-day Panama Canal cruise. They did not offer the BOGO happy hour special.

I was on the same cruise and noticed the same thing. I looked pretty hard through the Patter and never saw a BOGO advertised. I thought they had stopped doing it flee -wide. Maybe because it was still sort of holiday break for a lot of people. Perhaps Princess figured they did not need to run any drinking promotions because they would still get a lot of business with the holiday (younger) crowd.

I was on the same cruise and noticed the same thing. I looked pretty hard through the Patter and never saw a BOGO advertised. I thought they had stopped doing it flee -wide. Maybe because it was still sort of holiday break for a lot of people. Perhaps Princess figured they did not need to run any drinking promotions because they would still get a lot of business with the holiday (younger) crowd.

To date I've heard that the Caribbean Princess is the only one not offering BOGO$1 (others should feel free to correct me). That's been since August or September of 2017, so it does not appear to be any sort of seasonality or likely clientele issue. My guess is that this particular ship is doing a test over a longer period of time for Princess to analyze impact on overall sales and whether to continue, discontinue, or expand the offerig across the fleet (along with how it relates to their newer form of Ultimate Beverage Package).