Is it reasonable to have to vacate cabins at 7am on disembarkation?

AnOnymously

Is 7am a reasonable time to expect passengers to vacate cabins when disembarking?  

858 members have voted

1. 1. Is 7am a reasonable time to expect passengers to vacate cabins when disembarking?

And I will go and use a cruise line, next time, that does not demand I spoil the cruise by having to get up in the night at their whim, to leave my cabin for 7am and not be able to finish the cruise relaxed.

Oh, and I would not go this time, if I, like my American friends, could cancel and get my deposit back. No such luxury if booked from the UK and I am before FP.

I agree and it is certainly will be a factor when choosing my next cruise/holiday.

Annie

All this? We just sailed on Eclipse last month in a concierge stateroom. We've been sailing for many years... not inexperienced cruisers or new to the cruising game by any means. All cruise lines have changed over the years. Do I like vacating by 7? No. BUT....comparing today's cruising choices with yesteryear's is pointless. We had a wonderful cruise with outstanding service. Our cabin was kept spotless by our single attendant. Our glasses and plates were kept as full as we wanted them to be. We were entertained and pampered. I'll take that for 2 weeks! I will not let my entire cruise be ruined by vacating at 7 instead of 8.I hate leaving at whatever time they ask!
Totally agree. Whether I leave at 8 or 7, it doesn't change the enjoyment I had during my cruise nor would I choose a cruise line based on what time I have to vacate my cabin on disembarkation day.

7 am is too early to vacate the room. We vacated our room at almost 9 am on Sunday Jan 22 on the Silhouette.

Well hubby and I are early risers anyway., and we were on the 3 night Silhouette.also. We saw our attendant as we were heading up to breakfast, and he had no problem having us leave our luggage in the room. We went upstairs, had a leisurely breakfast, came back to the room, got our luggage and walked off the ship with fond memories.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And I will go and use a cruise line, next time, that does not demand I spoil the cruise by having to get up in the night at their whim, to leave my cabin for 7am and not be able to finish the cruise relaxed.

Oh, and I would not go this time, if I, like my American friends, could cancel and get my deposit back. No such luxury if booked from the UK and I am before FP.

My wife and I almost never find disembarkation relaxing. I wish I could leave at 7 AM with everyone else still in their cabins or at breakfast. That would be relaxing although not enjoyable.

Vacating the cabin at 7,8, or 9 AM is all the same to me. Good luck on your alternative choice of cruise lines. It is great to have choices.

I suspect that Celebrity will modify the policy back to 8 AM with a request for 7AM, so maybe it is good that you cannot cancel without losing your deposit.

Edited by jagoffee

Hopefully all those that are upset with the 7:AM cabin departure time are emailing/calling Celebrity and letting them know of their displeasure and not just venting on CC.

Honestly, using social media like CC and FB is far more effective as it is a collective issue rather than each of us calling and emailing individually. It's too easy to dismiss the latter and no one knows anyone else doing it.

I wouldn't choose a cruise line based on disembarkation time solely but if very similar itineraries, cost and ship ambience then this policy becomes a defining point.

And I have found such a cruise on HAL around Japan that I was booked on millennium for 2018. This new policy made me look a bit further into other cruise lines.

Edited by Pushka

I will hate having to rush so much on the last morning.

Is 7am reasonable?

What is "reasonable" is usually in the eye of the beholder. To the passenger in the room it might not seem reasonable. But to the passenger who is going to be in the room, as well as the room steward and the cruise line, it might be.

Nonetheless, 7:00am does seem a bit early, so I voted no. However, 8:00am would be reasonable - in my opinion.

Honestly, using social media like CC and FB is far more effective as it is a collective issue rather than each of us calling and emailing individually. It's too easy to dismiss the latter and no one knows anyone else doing it.

My experiences with contacting the source directly using emails, letters or phone calls has always worked for me and I will continue to do it this way.

I wouldn't choose a cruise line based on disembarkation time solely but if very similar itineraries, cost and ship ambience then this policy becomes a defining point.

And I have found such a cruise on HAL around Japan that I was booked on millennium for 2018. This new policy made me look a bit further into other cruise lines.

I think both are necessary.

All of the calls about cancelling Luggage Valet were definitely part of it's reinstatement. The CSR I spoke to said she was reporting each call and the sheer volume was getting noticed.

My experiences with contacting the source directly using emails, letters or phone calls has always worked for me and I will continue to do it this way.

Ok. But Celebrity in Australia know nothing of this change to cabin exit. Or are being obtuse. And my phone calls to them have usually ended up with me hanging up and trying again later to get 'alternative facts'. Experience in the US might vary. Obviously I will not be calling the USA.

Edited by Pushka

Ok. But Celebrity in Australia know nothing of this change to cabin exit. Or are being obtuse. And my phone calls to them have usually ended up with me hanging up and trying again later to get 'alternative facts'. Experience in the US might vary. Obviously I will not be calling the USA.

But you can email Celebrity US.

Obviously I will not be calling or emailing Australia to voice my concerns. So your experiences are not my experiences. Do what works for you.

Edited by davekathy

I have not read all 515 responses, but here is what happened to us 2 days ago:

Literature said out of cabin by 7. (groan). What made it worse, was that the Elite breakfast lounge would not be open until 7:30!!!!

The night before, we went to the early show, where the ditsy cruise director tells everyone in the audience that they had "worked it out" and that we didn't have to be out of the cabins until 8!!! Yeah!!!

The next morning early there is a PA announcement reminding everyone that they have to be out of the cabins by 7!

I called Guest Relations and told them about what the CD had said the night before..."she was mistaken"...was the response.

Talk about a mood swing bummer for the last day.

Literature said out of cabin by 7. (groan). What made it worse, was that the Elite breakfast lounge would not be open until 7:30!!!!

The night before, we went to the early show, where the ditsy cruise director tells everyone in the audience that they had "worked it out" and that we didn't have to be out of the cabins until 8!!! Yeah!!!

The next morning early there is a PA announcement reminding everyone that they have to be out of the cabins by 7!

I called Guest Relations and told them about what the CD had said the night before..."she was mistaken"...was the response.

Wow ! That is pathetic .

Thanks for posting .

I wonder what the Hotel Directors response would have been !

I have not read all these responses either as I just came across thread. We were on Celebrity Solstice xmas/new years cruise (out of Sydney) have been back couple weeks :-( Nowhere was it ever mentioned 7 am ...... Maybe this is a US thing,

our newsletter said 8am.... We were packed and left our room at about 8-15 to go up to breakfast, saw our room steward on the way and he said no problems leaving bags in rooms until you ready to leave ship, got back to room about 9am.... Most people on our deck were the same.... The rooms were ready to be cleaned if they wanted to go in after 8, which is pretty much what they asked for.. So, we had no problems what so ever....

Obviously I will not be calling or emailing Australia to voice my concerns. So your experiences are not my experiences. Do what works for you.

I think you have taken offence at my suggestion that using social media works better than emailing individually. I have already indicated that what we experience in Australia is different to yours. And when did I suggest you calling Australia?

Edited by Pushka

our newsletter said 8am.... We were packed and left our room at about 8-15 to go up to breakfast, saw our room steward on the way and he said no problems leaving bags in rooms until you ready to leave ship, got back to room about 9am.... Most people on our deck were the same.... The rooms were ready to be cleaned if they wanted to go in after 8, which is pretty much what they asked for.. So, we had no problems what so ever....

And this is why Celebrity is advertising a 7am time now. If everyone on the deck doesn't leave until an hour later than requested, then it creates a problem.

Has anyone see any posting on their Facebook page about it? I've looked sporadically but haven't seen any complaints about this publicly.

I think you have taken unnecessary offence at my suggestion that using social media works better than emailing individually. I have already indicated that what we experience in Australia is different to yours so why the angst?

And when did I suggest you calling Australia for pete's sake?

Bummer that you are misinterpreting my response to you. If social media that you elect to use works best for you, fantastic. Again my experiences with emailing the source directly whether a kudos, a complaint, a recommendation or a suggestion has always worked for me. No angst on my part.

And this is why Celebrity is advertising a 7am time now. If everyone on the deck doesn't leave until an hour later than requested, then it creates a problem.

Has anyone see any posting on their Facebook page about it? I've looked sporadically but haven't seen any complaints about this publicly.

I asked the question on Celebrity Australia page and a response only discussed embarkation time which evaded the question. I then replied asking about cabin departure and a few days later no response.

I cant seem to find Celebrity US FB site - when I search on FB it only finds the AUS site which is annoying.

I asked the question on Celebrity Australia page and a response only discussed embarkation time which evaded the question. I then replied asking about cabin departure and a few days later no response.

I cant seem to find Celebrity US FB site - when I search on FB it only finds the AUS site which is annoying.

Turn your computer and monitor upside down, which is right side up here in North America. See if that helps. :D