Is it reasonable to have to vacate cabins at 7am on disembarkation?

AnOnymously

Is 7am a reasonable time to expect passengers to vacate cabins when disembarking?  

858 members have voted

1. 1. Is 7am a reasonable time to expect passengers to vacate cabins when disembarking?

I think I cleared up the mystery.

Orator is on the Silhouette and uktog is on the Eclipse.

People have been reporting all along that 7am is NOT fleetwide, just ship specific.

Orator's post

"8:00 am is now the official time. "

is only for the Silhouette. :(

I wonder if it might be "sailing-specific?" I got off the Silhouette about a week ago and it was 7:00, at least that's what the info in our cabin said.

It was 7am on the Silhouette in Jan., but we asked out room steward if it was ok with him if we left our carry on bags in the room until we had breakfast in Blu & he was fine with it. So it worked out fine.

Edited by If only

Just off HALs Eurodam. We were able to get into our cabin when we arrived at noon. Our bags didn't have to be out until 11:30pm, and we didn't leave our room until 9:00am to debark. We were on and off the ship, car to cabin and reverse both in 20 min. If HAL can turn the cabins in a reasonable time period, why can't Celebrity?

I don't understand why so many people compare one cruise line with another. Each cruise line sets its policy and if a passenger doesn't like the policy they can go elsewhere. Noone forces anybody to stick with a particular cruise line

I don't understand why so many people compare one cruise line with another. Each cruise line sets its policy and if a passenger doesn't like the policy they can go elsewhere. Noone forces anybody to stick with a particular cruise line

You are right, of course, but I suspect it can be explained by the car shopping experience. All the cars will get the passenger around their daily chores, but we compare them to select the best fit for our needs as well as the palatable amount of style, panache, luxury, amenities and expense to fit our lifestyles.

On our previous Celebrity cruise we were asked to be out by 8am. We left our carry-ons in our cabin and went to breakfast. I was very annoyed to arrive back at our cabin at 7:45am to find the door wide open, the bed stripped, and towels removed. I had to chase down a cabin attendant to ask for a handtowel so we could use the bathroom before leaving the cabin, which we did before 8am.

It will be interesting to see what happens on our upcoming cruise.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

People compare cruise lines with one another for the very reasons you mention, because we do have choices.

They are the same reasons that people compare policies and prices of airline flights or hotel rooms or cars or insurance policies, or excursions, or most other such things that we buy.

We would not consider it reasonable if we were required to vacate hotel rooms on land at 7 in the morning, or even 8 for that matter when we are on vacation, unless we needed to catch an early flight, in which case we wouldn't care.

Otherwise, the hotel would need to offer some other inducement to make it worthwhile for us.

Cruise ships are just floating hotels.

We reluctantly accept getting kicked out of our staterooms at 8 on Celebrity cruises only because they offer pluses that offset this minus.

For 7 am we would pause and re-evaluate our priorities.

If passengers willingly accept the 7 am kick out time, will Celebrity try 6 am next?

I think they might actually consider that if they encountered no resistance to the 7 o'clock time, except that they do not dock and have the ship cleared by 6 am at many ports.

Edited by varoo

I don't understand why so many people compare one cruise line with another.

Because if cruise line yyy is able to allow passengers to stay in their cabins until 8 AM and still have the cabins available for new passengers by noon, then why can't Celebrity do the same?

Because if cruise line yyy is able to allow passengers to stay in their cabins until 8 AM and still have the cabins available for new passengers by noon, then why can't Celebrity do the same?

Exactly. It becomes a point of difference when booking.

One of many. By the same token, the probability that any CCL or RCL cruise line or NCL will vary substantially in terms of overall value for price, as compared to any of the others within that pack, is pretty slim.

Exactly. It becomes a point of difference when booking.

Absolutely and the only way to find some things out, is sadly, through boards like this.

Celebrity do not tell you when you will have to vacate your cabin as part of their T/Cs. I doubt they would be honest enough to answer if you asked. So it is with anecdotal evidence from people who have discovered issues like the 7am out of cabin that we have to rely on to evaluate each cruise line.

It is one of the reasons for this thread to continue to run, what about making it a sticky mods (as many views as the sticky on dress), so that people can be advised of this issue and make a judgement about if they want to run the risk of being out of cabin by 7am.

Edited by AnOnymously

Really!?!??!?!??

In a capitalist society you don't compare competitors???

So you would not look at the difference between cars before purchasing?

Separately, if you don't discuss the aspects of a product or service you like or dislike and simply leave how would the provider know why you no longer used their services???

Lastly, who out there is going to choose X because of this policy??? Who sees it as a positive point????

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

You are right, of course, but I suspect it can be explained by the car shopping experience. All the cars will get the passenger around their daily chores, but we compare them to select the best fit for our needs as well as the palatable amount of style, panache, luxury, amenities and expense to fit our lifestyles.

Haha sorry didn't see your response first. Great minds ....

On our previous Celebrity cruise we were asked to be out by 8am. We left our carry-ons in our cabin and went to breakfast. I was very annoyed to arrive back at our cabin at 7:45am to find the door wide open, the bed stripped, and towels removed. I had to chase down a cabin attendant to ask for a handtowel so we could use the bathroom before leaving the cabin, which we did before 8am.

It will be interesting to see what happens on our upcoming cruise.

I just leave the "do not disturb" sign on the door and have never had them come in until I left for good.

Lastly, who out there is going to choose X because of this policy??? Who sees it as a positive point????

I would never choose a cruise because of the time I have to vacate my cabin. I choose a cruise because of many other factors, but that would never be one of them. I don't see it as a positive or negative point, I just see it as a moot point.