Is it reasonable to have to vacate cabins at 7am on disembarkation?

AnOnymously

Is 7am a reasonable time to expect passengers to vacate cabins when disembarking?  

858 members have voted

1. 1. Is 7am a reasonable time to expect passengers to vacate cabins when disembarking?

It was brought to our attention that guests were asked to leave their staterooms on disembarkation day at 7am earlier this month. The ships have been advised to move this time to 8am as per our standards.

Thank you for listening!!!

It was brought to our attention that guests were asked to leave their staterooms on disembarkation day at 7am earlier this month. The ships have been advised to move this time to 8am as per our standards.

Thank you for the clarification, I am sure that anyone who is now told to leave at 7am will report to CC and thank you for posting on here.:)

Well it was a sucky disembarkation for us just this past Sunday, 1/22...got the memo the day before it was 7 (resigned to that), then go to the show that night and the CD tells us 8.

Next morning we said "let's go to an early breakfast, 6:30, then go back and nap until 8...well, then the PA says "out by 7", we are at the FAAAR end of the ship, eating breakfast aft in Blu, had to then rush back to our forward cabin to grab our stuff, then back to the aft to wait...not pleasant.

And to be told "the CD was mistaken" REALLY reinforces the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing feeling...we love the X product, it's the only line we've sailed for 15 years, but the miscommunication between Miami and ship is really exhausting.

And CC, was it you who said they put "steam" into the Solarium pool? They need to boil a couple more tea kettles because it is uncomfortably, unnecessarily cold...why do you not want people enjoying the pools on your ships?

Edited by warmwinds

Seriously , there are people thanking an anonymous flack who is suggesting , oh no this wasn't Celebrity policy but a misapplication of their "standards" . Well I'm not sure what you are so grateful for .

Guests may stay inside their stateroom until 8 AM on disembarkation day.

Thanks for reverting to what shouldn't have been changed in the first place . You are actually willing to tell us that the ships made this decision on their own ? Hmm , I wonder what they would say about this . Talk about being thrown under the bus .

Why THANK THEM?

Anyone would know that a 7 AM vacate rule would be a thorn in MOST people's side and they decided to try it anyway, for reasons unknown.

Celebrity didn't get inconvenienced by their thoughtless decision ,their passengers did.

Thank you Celebrity, for trying to impose one more annoyance on the last day of a cruise and then after MOST people begin making noise and cancelling cruises you rescind this last exasperating reduction in passenger comfort. THANK YOU ?????

bosco

Great news- 8AM is still early, but much more reasonable, and acceptable... It's pretty impressive to me that Celebrity cares, responds, and comes on CC to inform. Thanks Celebrity!

Seriously , there are people thanking an anonymous flack who is suggesting , oh no this wasn't Celebrity policy but a misapplication of their "standards" . Well I'm not sure what you are so grateful for .

Thanks for reverting to what shouldn't have been changed in the first place . You are actually willing to tell us that the ships made this decision on their own ? Hmm , I wonder what they would say about this . Talk about being thrown under the bus .

I certainly was saying thank for the information and for being clear so that anyone now being told that they have to vacate by 7am can object and have that changed or the ship's staff take the consequences from Celebrity, who have been clear.

I think people are also glad that Celebrity have listened.

If I had been affected by the start time ie actually endured it, then I would now be asking Celebrity who made the decision and what compensation are they offering if it was not official Celebrity policy.

Well I for one am very angry that the end of my cruise on Sunday was so negatively impacted by what you now say was a local decision deviating from standards. Given this thread was rumbling for two weeks why did it take so long to remind ships of the standard?

As has been posted by another poster not even the cruise director on Eclipse could be consistent although that was an important issue that was not restricted to disembarkation with him.

Well I for one am very angry that the end of my cruise on Sunday was so negatively impacted by what you now say was a local decision deviating from standards. Given this thread was rumbling for two weeks why did it take so long to remind ships of the standard?

As has been posted by another poster not even the cruise director on Eclipse could be consistent although that was an important issue that was not restricted to disembarkation with him.

I certainly would be angry. Have you complained and asked for compensation?

I certainly would be angry. Have you complained and asked for compensation?

We did formally onboard and on our post cruise survey. We await the responses and in any event because of other short comings are voting with our feet for the time being.

If I'm the "another poster" who mentioned disembarking on Sunday, I was on the Silhouette, not Eclipse, so there were obviously 2 different cruise directors who got the memo it should be 8, and they were overruled by someone else on board. (sorry I called her ditsy since it's now obvious she was the one in the right, not whoever overruled her the next morning). Annoying, but not compensation-worthy.

Edited by warmwinds

Write to their HO and tell them what compensation you want for the problems.

Cannot agree there, I am moving on and focusing on where my future travel plans might take me. I will however await the cruise lines response with bated breath :)

Really!!! Compensation. Grow up and get over it!

Agree.....an hour early one time, while not fun is hardly worthy of more than an "I'm sorry" and maybe a free drink on your NEXT cruise....really would not stop me from cruising with Celebrity....:rolleyes:

It is clear to me, from the Celebrity post, that people have been exceeding their authority, and that at least has caused disruption, anguish and anger to those involved, not least because the ship seemed to be divided themselves. That seems to me to be more than sorry, but I was not affected you were. I can only say what I would do and I would be looking for compensation for stress, inconvenience and asking why, whoever made the decisions on ship, was allowed to continue doing so when many people made Celebrity aware of what was happening on these boards.

And it's the US that is suppose to be litigious!

It is clear to me, from the Celebrity post, that people have been exceeding their authority
Either that or corporate is coming down hard on a unit for making a decision within its authority that in 20/20 hindsight caused a backlash. Having spent several decades in corporate America, I've seen far more instances of the latter than the former.

Celebrity heard everyone and made sure the ships have the correct time of 8:00 AM.

People really need to dial down the rhetoric here. It's only an hour.... Seriously. :rolleyes:

Totally agree. Not sure how having to be up an hour early is that stressful or any real inconvenience, but then that is just my opinion and if Celebrity considers giving these folks compensation, other than a drink on their next cruise, they are really getting duped.

If I'm the "another poster" who mentioned disembarking on Sunday, I was on the Silhouette, not Eclipse, so there were obviously 2 different cruise directors who got the memo it should be 8, and they were overruled by someone else on board. (sorry I called her ditsy since it's now obvious she was the one in the right, not whoever overruled her the next morning). Annoying, but not compensation-worthy.

Yes. That's why I asked the Celebrity rep who made the decision as clearly 2 ships were impacted. Clearly not a local decision.

Either time, I'm not ready to end my brilliant cruise

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Assume this is either present or present continuous tense. So it is not likely to affect you, the early hour is past history, but for some that past history was a difficult experience reading the two posts about it. Those of us who did not endure it cannot write it off by saying "it is only an hour".

I have said what I would do and then why. I think what some people on some of the ships did to more than just inconvenience people needs to be addressed seriously by Celebrity.

Wow! This thread was closed, then reopened -- it's time to close it again, and for good.

Just to be correct. A thread on this subject was closed, this thread with the poll has never been closed and seems to me to have played a significant part in getting change. Perhaps you just don't like the subject.