Adult comedy age limit/do they check?

frayedend

If a 17 year old tried to go to adult comedy do they check? These days the kids hear worse stuff than I do.

I do not think a 17 year old should be taking up a seat meant for someone over 18, especially with the comedy club always packed. Yes, it's only one seat but still...

Hi,

They haven't checked ID in my experience BUT if the comic notices someone who looks really young I have seen them start to pick on them for comments and jokes to underscore why they should not be there.

i have seen them tease them and include the parent in that teasing soooo be prepared for attention if he comes!

I do not think a 17 year old should be taking up a seat meant for someone over 18, especially with the comedy club always packed. Yes, it's only one seat but still...

I agree. This is an instance in which the rule also benefits other cruisers. Seating is usually at a premium in the comedy club.

I agree. This is an instance in which the rule also benefits other cruisers. Seating is usually at a premium in the comedy club.

Sorry OP, but I agree with the above also. Rules are rules and why people think they don't apply to them is just being rude and disrespectful to the others who abide by those rules.

Comedy club says no one under 18, then that is what it should be.

Edited by HawkIVette

In my experience they don't check age for the comedy club- alcohol? Absolutely... if there were kids carded and kicked out as some have mentioned here, I'm willing to bet they were not there with their parents.

If you as a parent choose to allow your 17 yo to stay with you at the Punchliner, I doubt 99% of the time that Carnival or anyone else would say anything.

Sorry OP, but I agree with the above also. Rules are rules and why people think they don't apply to them is just being rude and disrespectful to the others who abide by those rules.

Comedy club says no one under 18, then that is what it should be.

I'm perfectly okay with people that abide by every rule everywhere and you are entitled to your opinion. But seriously the rule has nothing to do with seating and everything to do with content. Unfortunately these days kids have the internet and I haven't heard anything in the comedy clubs that would phase my teens, not even my 14 year old. I've never had a problem getting a seat in the comedy club. Just show up early.

My twins were 17 at the time of our cruise and they went to the club every night! The comedians seem to love the young kids because they sit up front and fill the seats that no one wants to sit in. I even saw my twins hanging out with one of the female comedians in the lounge before her show! They were laughing and hootin' it up! Nice to see your kids well behaved from afar.

Hi,

They haven't checked ID in my experience BUT if the comic notices someone who looks really young I have seen them start to pick on them for comments and jokes to underscore why they should not be there.

i have seen them tease them and include the parent in that teasing soooo be prepared for attention if he comes!

[/QUOT

I have seen this twice but would not describe it as teasing. It was more like berating the parent and questioning their parenting skills. This was done in a comedic way but the point was made. Over and over again. With a healthy dose of profanity and sexual explicitness to make the comedian's point that they did not think it was appropriate for the kid to be there. Everyone else was laughing hysterically. Both times the parents and kids left.

Hi,

[/QUOT

I have seen this twice but would not describe it as teasing. It was more like berating the parent and questioning their parenting skills. This was done in a comedic way but the point was made. Over and over again. With a healthy dose of profanity and sexual explicitness to make the comedian's point that they did not think it was appropriate for the kid to be there. Everyone else was laughing hysterically. Both times the parents and kids left.

Well I guess for me this wouldn't be an issue. My son is bigger than me. Heck I get hand me down shoes from him. He's size 11.5 shoe and 225 lbs. LOL No one would suspect he's not 18, or at least not think he's too young for comedy.