Escape - Vibe - Worth it?

ps4125

Ok, has anyone purchased passes to Vibe who didn't sail in the dead of winter? Is it always so windy that you can't have umbrellas up, etc? I don't want to have to run down to regular pool area to "claim" a lounge chair as soon as I open my eyes in the morning, but I don't want to pay for Vibe and do the running of the bulls as soon as I board if it's not usable.

I've sailed on Princess and Carnival and was always able to get a lounge chair by the pool. Maybe not the prime spots, but there were always chairs available. I'm not sure why this seems to be such an issue with NCL. I've not experienced NCL yet myself, but the lack of lounge chair availability seems to be a constant theme on these boards and from friends who've cruised on NCL.

Ok, has anyone purchased passes to Vibe who didn't sail in the dead of winter? Is it always so windy that you can't have umbrellas up, etc? I don't want to have to run down to regular pool area to "claim" a lounge chair as soon as I open my eyes in the morning, but I don't want to pay for Vibe and do the running of the bulls as soon as I board if it's not usable.

I've sailed on Princess and Carnival and was always able to get a lounge chair by the pool. Maybe not the prime spots, but there were always chairs available. I'm not sure why this seems to be such an issue with NCL. I've not experienced NCL yet myself, but the lack of lounge chair availability seems to be a constant theme on these boards and from friends who've cruised on NCL.

My wife and I love the vibe, with the small pool area on the Escape for some of us the Vibe is a great option. Some days its windy, some its not. You can check out my video tour of the vibe here.....

In answer to your question. Absolutely yes. The area can get windy at times but it's not too bad. The barstaff is great and will get you anything you need. You will be around the same group of people and hopefully they will be a good group like we had. Well worth the money but you have to get there early to get a pass. I looked through the door to the haven area and thought their area was also very nice so I don't see why people wanted to get to the vibe.

From our perspective, not worth it. With the activities on board, we don't think it's worth the effort. The passes are per person. Each person must buy their own pass.

The posh is even more limited Since it is The Havens sundeck. Only a few public passes

In answer to your question. Absolutely yes. The area can get windy at times but it's not too bad. The barstaff is great and will get you anything you need. You will be around the same group of people and hopefully they will be a good group like we had. Well worth the money but you have to get there early to get a pass. I looked through the door to the haven area and thought their area was also very nice so I don't see why people wanted to get to the vibe.

Do you know if the vibe is smoke free?

Jan 2016 you could smoke at the left hand side of the bar.

We did a B2B from Miami to the Caribbean with the same itinerary each week. The first week we didn't have Vibe passes the second week we did. It really made our holiday and felt it was well worth the money and not windy.

The bar staff looked after us so well and when they were packing up the bar in the evening we got a bottle of Prosecco in an ice bucket which we didn't ask for but thoroughly enjoyed!

Don’t forget that there are sundecks on 19 & 20 forward. From what I have read, sundeck on 19 is similar to Vibe less someone doing foot massages. Same type whirlpools, mist shower and same bar tenders.

RedRover96

Similar ship location, but that's about where the similarities end. The service and chair/bed availability in Vibe are the real benefits. They will bring you carafes of water, snacks, drinks and so on. You can roll out of bed at 10am if you wish and find prime chairs. No crowds and it's much more quiet. We swore off Escape again when we left the Vibe area one day and quite literally had to step over occupied loungers to get off the pool decks.

I'd much rather pay the $100 than cuddle with the sweaty guy in the lounger on top of me :)

60fe779909189f9704b5edcf6069d5d4.jpg

Edited by Jeremiah1212

Don’t forget that there are sundecks on 19 & 20 forward. From what I have read, sundeck on 19 is similar to Vibe less someone doing foot massages. Same type whirlpools, mist shower and same bar tenders.

RedRover96

Didn't see any foot messages in the Vibe, not same bartenders as the outside bar.

Vibe has 2 , and 2 outside the Vibe. They do go back and forth to get supplies.