Flight too early to enter into online check in

kac0426

When I checked in online for my upcoming cruise, it asked my flight information, as usual. When I entered my flight time as 11:15 am, it would not accept it and said they don't recommend flights earlier than 11:30. I understand it's a risk, but the cost to change the flight to a later time is ridiculous. I am hoping 15 minutes won't make a difference. But what do I do since the online system won't let me enter my flight details? I am assuming I won't receive luggage tags towards the end of the cruise like normal, since they won't know what group to put me in. I can do self-disembark but I've never done that before and am not sure how to sign up. The ship is scheduled to arrive back to Ft. Lauderdale at 5:30 am so I am hoping to get off soon after that and have plenty of time to make it to the airport.

What would you suggest regarding self-disembark versus obtaining luggage tags for a specific disembarkation group?

Just enter 11:30am for the flight info and you will be fine.

Go to Guest Services at some point and request early luggage tags.

This. I've had the same thing a couple times and just fudged the time and requested early tags.

While it's commendable for RCI to recommend not taking flights earlier than 11:30, people do so all the time with no difficulty. I just hope that non-CC members unable to enter their earlier flight times don't go and change their flight plans.

Without knowing if your delayed disembarking the earliest I will book a flight is noon or 1 PM. Right now I hope we will be ok with a 2:15 flight out of IAH for next July. I read reports of delays out of Galveston and with an 1 1/2 drive to IAH ( Bush INTL ), I hope we don't have any. We plan on Self Disembarking.

I used to get so frustrated with this but now I just bypass it completely. You just hit "save and continue". If I need them to know about my outbound flight info, I'll give it to Guest Services.

Me too. I can't think of any reason they really need that info. Well maybe for newbies that might try to book a 7 am flight or something. But waste of time for most people. I was so happy the day I realized that info page can be completely skipped.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by cindivan

Right. There is no need at all to fill out arrival and departure information, unless you are a consecutive cruiser. Just skip that page.

Didn't know that I could skip that information. When I have an early

flight I would just put in that I was using private transportation. I'll try that next time.

I have given up on entering flights. They either say I am arriving or departing too early. Now I just put in that I am arriving and leaving by taxi and put in whatever time it will accept.

Figure out what time you need to walk off the ship to make your flight, and enter your departure information as "private car" and the time you need to depart. You'll should end up with luggage tags for the appropriate group departure. Then take your "private car" which is really a taxi to the airport.

Figure out what time you need to walk off the ship to make your flight, and enter your departure information as "private car" and the time you need to depart. You'll should end up with luggage tags for the appropriate group departure. Then take your "private car" which is really a taxi to the airport.

We usually do self assist now. I don't care about luggage tags. But if we do put our bags out in the future I will follow what you said.