AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

When it comes to getting gift card refunds, Carnival used to go to the expense of sending hard cards via two day FedEx, for each one.  Then they went to sending it via email with the card number and the 4 digit code.  The last time I got a refund, it was back to hard cards again.  No rhyme or reason, but obviously the hard card option via FedEx costs them a lot more, even if they get a fantastic discount on the shipping.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

We had 7 nights in the steakhouse, for two - thus seven @ $84.

as well as an internet package... and a cabana rental at Mahogany Bay.

Tom

Would you consider adopting me. I am 56 and housebroken! 

• Haha 8

6 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Besides Allstate, the only place I have ever bought Carnival GC's was once on Newegg.  They had $200.00 cards for sale and you could only buy one.  Had no trouble redeeming it since I would infer that Newegg obtained it directly from Carnival so there were no problems with the redemption.

I've never used the unmentioned resale site, but at least they guarantee the purchase. That's worth something. I think they should designate which ones come from retailers as opposed to individual sellers. When Carnival had trouble with cards a few years ago (I think it was 2019), I think eBay was the primary source of the bad cards.

I bought some from the U.S. Travel Association one year (15% off). Carnival was an official partner, so we knew they were legit. And PayPal used to operate a gift card "store" on eBay. They sold Carnival cards for 15% off a couple times. I did a lot of research beforehand to make sure that was legit. I wish more places would come out with deals like that now & again.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

On my May 2023 cruise I asked to pay my Sign and Sail card with a GC from AARP.  The Guest Services person said they couldn't see a balance on it but that they would run it through and HomeOffice would check it.  I said I would check with them later but by the end of day it was applied to my account.  Now I know why this happened.  👍

Carnival's official gift card website has a balance checker on it. I wonder what that would've showed? If it operates on their own system, I'd think it'd be similar to processing it through HQ.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

You do have to be an AARP member to buy the Carnival cards, but at only $12 for the first year, it's a pretty good deal. Especially if you find some of their other benefits useful. And you no longer have to be 50 or older.

... and ... you don't have to actually be retired ! 🙂

Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2023 at 9:43 AM, disneyfan551 said:

I apologize that I don’t have time to search the thread, but are the AARP cards physical or e-cards?  Thanks in advance!!

E cards. And they email them to you right away. Like within 20 minutes.  And if they don't, there is a problem.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

They're gonna have to drop the "R." The all new AAP, American Association of Persons. 😁

AARP is still focused on retired persons. I doubt they will be advocating for more crayons in kindergarten. I certainly don't mind if others want to subsidize their efforts on my behalf.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Well, I didn't get an email notifying me I won the $1,000 Carnival card from AARP. Although, the official rules do say the winner will be drawn "on or around" Aug. 16th, and they haven't posted a winner yet, soooo...

giphy.gif

Guess I have to wait a bit longer also. I cannot even find the Carnival sweepstake in their closed section.

19 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

Guess I have to wait a bit longer also. I cannot even find the Carnival sweepstake in their closed section.

My hopes & dreams are crushed. I found a post on their forums that says they don't post the winner to the public until they've gone through the confirmation process. So they were probably chosen yesterday but we don't actually see it for a while. 😢

On the bright side, I looked at past sweepstakes winners and there's a couple people who live within 15-30 min. of me. Given how rural this area is, it's fun to see. And makes me hopeful that even I can win something someday. I've been doing some quizzes and watching videos (well, letting videos play is more like it) just to build up points for sweeps.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ab19902 said:

I thought it was Aug 18th that the winner was drawn.

I checked again...it says on or around Aug. 16. They still haven't posted the winner yet, but then again, they haven't posted any of July's winners. If they can't reach the Carnival winner, I'm available. 😉

• Haha 1

OK this is weird. I got an email today with an attached "Carnival Merchandising return E-gift card" and I'm not sure what it's for. We did have 2 cancelled cruises back in Jan. '21 and March '22, but as far as I know, we were refunded everything we should've been. I did buy some Cruise Cash for the Jan. '21 cruise and it was for the amount of this return gift card, so I have to assume that's it. Back then, they told me the Cruise Cash would be refunded since it was cancelled. I thought I already got it, but maybe not. If this is it, why the heck did it take over a year and a half?

• Like 1

I WON! 😃

I didn't win the $1,000 Carnival sweepstakes like I'd hoped, but I won a $500 Carnival card from their cruise contest on their forums. Exciting stuff, I never win anything. If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. I got the email yesterday and thought it was fake at first, but it had all the right credentials. I replied to confirm that it was me and they sent me the e-gift card less than an hour later. This will go a long way towards my next cruise. Thanks again, AARP!

• Like 12