AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

2 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

They were. Looks like the gift cards went up in price.

$500 gift cards were $450, now $455

$100 gift cards were $90, now $91.

Allstate might be about to price themselves out of the Carnival GC market.   Its not just that Allstate is competing against AARP for the sale of discounted GCs.  They are also competing against Raise.com (which offers an 8% discount ecard that has certain advantages such as the ability to specify exact GC dollar amount you need) and even grocery store sales like the Kroger 4x fuel point sales.  There are other threads on this board where folks talk about why they use raise.com and grocery store sales to buy their Carnival cards.

Edited by Calnev1

I just saw that allstate upped the price.

I decided to take the plunge and get AARP. There's a few discounts right now, like $12 for a year, plus a few of my credit cards like Chase and BoA had deals for $8 back.

But I have a question. I had a free account from a few years ago and I used that to sign up. But for some reason the rewards page still says I'm not a paid member. Does it just take time to process or should I contact AARP?

3 minutes ago, travelingtink said:

Allstate is back to the full 10% discount today 

That is so odd.  Early this morning, maybe 8:30 am NJ time, I looked at the $100 card to see what the price was and it was $91.  So they must have changed it back after that.  The way they are running this site has gotten very odd.  

12 minutes ago, tw67 said:

That is so odd.  Early this morning, maybe 8:30 am NJ time, I looked at the $100 card to see what the price was and it was $91.  So they must have changed it back after that.  The way they are running this site has gotten very odd.  

Even more odd, they are listed as a 10% discount for a price $450 when I select them but when I put it in my cart, the price jumps to $455.

Frustrating. . . . . 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, travelingtink said:

Even more odd, they are listed as a 10% discount for a price $450 when I select them but when I put it in my cart, the price jumps to $455.

Frustrating. . . . . 

I have no words!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, travelingtink said:

Frustrating. . . . . 

For me, it shows the cards are at a 10% discount ($450 for $500 cards, and $90 for $100 cards), but the shipping charge is $5 for $500 cards and $1.75 for $100 cards.

Maybe that was why the price jumped to $455?

55 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

For me, it shows the cards are at a 10% discount ($450 for $500 cards, and $90 for $100 cards), but the shipping charge is $5 for $500 cards and $1.75 for $100 cards.

Maybe that was why the price jumped to $455?

No, it displayed in the shopping cart as Price After Points $455 (9% Savings) I wasn’t doing the math, it showed 9% on the screen.  Even went back to the listing page to make sure I didn’t misread and that still displayed 10%. 

When I look now, it does give the full 10% off in the cart but I do see shipping is now $5. 

Cards running out, prices changing, shipping changing, Allstate is not really worth it any more. But I really don’t want to join AARP, last time I did I got slammed with so much SPAM. 

1 minute ago, travelingtink said:

No, it displayed in the shopping cart as Price After Points $455 (9% Savings) I wasn’t doing the math, it showed 9% on the screen.  Even went back to the listing page to make sure I didn’t misread and that still displayed 10%. 

When I look now, it does give the full 10% off in the cart but I do see shipping is now $5. 

Cards running out, prices changing, shipping changing, Allstate is not really worth it any more. But I really don’t want to join AARP, last time I did I got slammed with so much SPAM. 

Funny, I hardly get any AARP emails. It is nice to have the 10% off without paying for postage but getting inundated with emails is a pain. 

I sucked it up and got an AARP membership to get Carnival cards there incase AllState doesn't have digital cards.  I don't like not knowing when the card will arrive.

As a test, I put a Carnival digital card in my cart on AARP and started the checkout process.  I'm not seeing where you "pay" points like on Allstate.  Do you just get access to the deals without using points on AARP?

• Like 1

Just now, deesully said:

I sucked it up and got an AARP membership to get Carnival cards there incase AllState doesn't have digital cards.  I don't like not knowing when the card will arrive.

As a test, I put a Carnival digital card in my cart on AARP and started the checkout process.  I'm not seeing where you "pay" points like on Allstate.  Do you just get access to the deals without using points on AARP?

The Carnival Cards with AARP come with a paid membership.  You don't use points.  

On 5/25/2023 at 9:37 PM, krissyj89 said:

But I have a question. I had a free account from a few years ago and I used that to sign up. But for some reason the rewards page still says I'm not a paid member. Does it just take time to process or should I contact AARP?

I paid for a membership a few months back and it took a few hours until I could buy them. I tried online and on the app. Hopefully you will be able to purchase one soon. 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 10:18 AM, ninjacat123 said:

Funny, I hardly get any AARP emails. It is nice to have the 10% off without paying for postage but getting inundated with emails is a pain. 

Yes, the spam I got was not from AARP directly, but old age related, pain, mobility, car insurance for older drivers, etc. basically anything that could target the normal AARP audience. It all started the day after giving AARP my email. 

• Like 2

For those that haven’t joined AARP yet there is currently a $9 annual membership deal. Remember you do not have to be a senior to join. Also I have not tried this coupon to know if it works but it says 20% off?

Get 20% Off On Your

AARP Order

Code: AARP2

IMG_9751.png

23 hours ago, deesully said:

Money well spent. It seems Allstate has lost their way. Egift cards gone the majority of the time now, shipping for physical cards has gotten expensive. The current physical cards are not even listed in the travel tab, you have to search for Carnival just to find them now. I like to buy the ecards through Allstate but they have made it next to impossible lately. AARP was worth every cent and I got a deal for 5 years. 

Finally but the bullet and got AARP. I had cards from Allstate that were supposed to be delivered 5/22. UPS kept updating my delivery date, then finally just said we don’t know when it will be delivered. Have an open case with UPS and with Allstate. I suspect my delivery driver is going on a cruise soon smh. Even though we buy from Allstate, they are shipped by National Gift Card Corporation, clearly tempting to any unscrupulous delivery person. 

7 minutes ago, travelingtink said:

Finally but the bullet and got AARP. I had cards from Allstate that were supposed to be delivered 5/22. UPS kept updating my delivery date, then finally just said we don’t know when it will be delivered. Have an open case with UPS and with Allstate. I suspect my delivery driver is going on a cruise soon smh. Even though we buy from Allstate, they are shipped by National Gift Card Corporation, clearly tempting to any unscrupulous delivery person. 

They can track the actual gift cards you were issued. If someone tries to use them, they'll know they were stolen.

1 minute ago, geovet said:

How much does aarp discount gc. I’m not a member, so I went to their website to check it out. The cards seemed to be full price. If so why join?

10% discount just like Allstate was.  Digital cards, delivery right away. You must be a member to get that.

10 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I should look into more discounted AARP rewards.  I'm slacking🤣

Me too!  My husband is the one who does the AARP ones, and I was the one who bought them off of Allstate.  This was when AARP had limited you to I think it was 5 cards a month.  Now I think we will be buying all from AARP.  My 29 year old niece gets very excited with the discounts she gets with her AARP card!  It cracks me up, she is better than those of us who actually got our cards at 50 many years ago!!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I should look into more discounted AARP rewards.  I'm slacking🤣

At AARP I not only save a lot of money on cruise gift cards (Carnival, Princess, and Holland America), but also on grocery gift cards at dozens of different grocery chains.  AARP sells their grocery gift cards at 8% off.  At our local Abertson's, that means 8% off of everything except alcohol, tobacco, and other GCs.   And over the course of the year that is a ton of savings for us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Calnev1 said:

At AARP I not only save a lot of money on cruise gift cards (Carnival, Princess, and Holland America), but also on grocery gift cards at dozens of different grocery chains.  AARP sells their grocery gift cards at 8% off.  At our local Abertson's, that means 8% off of everything except alcohol, tobacco, and other GCs.   And over the course of the year that is a ton of savings for us.

You can buy alcohol and tobacco.