CC's New Look

TiogaCruiser

I never log out of CC either, but I do turn off my PC at night..

However lately I've had to sign in almost every day & don't know what is causing me not to be signed in when I go on the Holland America board..by..

All I have to do is sign in as Serendipity1499 & CC automatically puts my password in for me.. If CC stores my password, that should mean that I'm auto signed in forever, doesn't it?

I use Internet Explorer & the new format automatically appeared yesterday..

Yes, you don't log off so theoretically you are signed in "forever" Betty. I have found it drops off now and then and I have to sign in.

If you are hitting that scenario, just click "remember me" next to the sign in when you sign in the next time and you should stay logged in ;)

I have been foisted back to the old format now, and I again need a magnifying glass to read the forum. It's really quite a stark difference. The new format seems so much easier to read and cleaner overall. I hope I'm set back to the new format soon.

I have been foisted back to the old format now, and I again need a magnifying glass to read the forum. It's really quite a stark difference. The new format seems so much easier to read and cleaner overall. I hope I'm set back to the new format soon.
sorry, deleted Edited by jtl513

You can change it back to the new format yourself.

Edited by davekathy

You can change it back to the new format yourself.
Apparently you can't. Just after I posted above you how to do it, I went and checked and the "skin change" option is no longer available. So I deleted my post. Maybe they've scrubbed the whole idea. Edited by jtl513

Different perceptions. I find this easier ;)

For your need for a magnifying glass, if you are on an Ipad or a touch screen laptop, just expand the screen.

If you are on a computer just increase the zoom under internet tools and you will have no problems reading. ;)

If you are on a computer just increase the zoom under internet tools and you will have no problems reading. ;)
Except that some users take it upon themselves to bump up the size of their own posts (why do they do that?), so when I reach those posts the text it huge.

Except that some users take it upon themselves to bump up the size of their own posts (why do they do that?), so when I reach those posts the text it huge.

It's the same on the new site ;) The font still increases.

some people have a hard time reading their posts so increase the font. Others, I am sure think they are important posts and need to increase the font.

And some posts (like the Bon Voyage threads) have traditionally been done in a larger font. I actually made it a smidge smaller than it was in the past ;)

Edited by kazu

Apparently you can't. Just after I posted above you how to do it, I went and checked and the "skin change" option is no longer available. So I deleted my post. Maybe they've scrubbed the whole idea.

You're correct. I changed mine from old to new and back to old early this morning. Interesting. I prefer the old format so I hope they did scrub the latest revision.

It's the same on the new site ;) The font still increases. some people have a hard time reading their posts so increase the font.
My hope is that when folks see how much larger and easier to read their comments are on the new site, they'll stop bumping up the font size of their comments.

My hope is that when folks see how much larger and easier to read their comments are on the new site, they'll stop bumping up the font size of their comments.

don't hold your breath. Those that have been doing it for some time will most likely continue. As one of the testees, I found the new site too big, too compressed and prefer this where I can modify the size of the page as needed.

Each to their own ;)

don't hold your breath. Those that have been doing it for some time will most likely continue.
The default font size of 2 in blue is too hard on my eyes, so I usually bump it to 3 to help others like me. In the new format, the default black font is more legible to me, and I probably would not habitually bump it up. IF the the new format gets implemented. :)

test black size 2

Edited by jtl513

The default font size of 2 in blue is too hard on my eyes, so I usually bump it to 3 to help others like me. In the new format, the default black font is more legible to me, and I probably would not habitually bump it up. IF the the new format gets implemented. :)

test black size 2

I wasn't talking about font 3 ;) It's not the same as a BOLD, purple/indigo post in size 6 or even more ;) font 3 is clear and doesn't yell ;)

I wasn't talking about font 3 ;) It's not the same as a BOLD, purple/indigo post in size 6 or even more ;) font 3 is clear and doesn't yell ;)
I remember when we had posters that used all red, or worse yet, pink! I just skipped over those posts or put the posters on my ignore list. ;) Edited by jtl513

Prefer the format of the old style.

I do too!! Have been out of town...so using iPad and iPhone...it was the old on my iPhone and new on my iPad...now this evening we are home...and when I went to the desktop...the old format is back? I'm happy with that though....I know we are supposed to embrace change but sometimes it's hard:D

I remember when we had posters that used all red, or worse yet, pink! I just skipped over those posts or put the posters on my ignore list. ;)

I skipped those posts too because I could not read them.. I'm one who used to post in font size 3, because I could not read my own posts in No. 2 in blue..Last night changed my PC to show medium size icon's & it seems the font size increased too.. Having a terrible time talking to our kids on Facebook as don't know how to edit..The Grand kids & Great Grandkids were here for the weekend,(9 of them) but we never took time to work on the computer & teach me how to edit a post in Facebook.. We talked about it before they came, but it was too hectic with the 6 little ones..

I can read this print now..Don't know what I did to make it more legible except increased Icon size..confused: LOL

Edited by serendipity1499

I felt the same way about the old design, and have been control-clicking to open threads for as long as I can remember, opening a new tab (rather than a new window, but same difference) to read a thread, then closing that tab returning me to the forum's thread list (or my subscriptions list).

I doubt that this is just a "New Look". The work involved to bring something like this about is simply not worth it for appearance sake. My understanding is that the switch is to new software. Many larger forums have had to make this kind of switch because their older software simply could not scale adequately given the increasing number of users and increasing amount of content being generated by each user. The improvement, therefore, is a matter of figuratively keeping the servers from being over-taxed.

I wasn't part of the test group, and was generally concerned about the switch, because from the small glimpse I saw it looked like it was going to be like some forum software that I really don't like. Using it now, it seems to be quite different from those, and really quite an improvement over what was: The user interface is lighter weight and more responsive. I especially like how I had to revert my browser back to 100% zoom to use the new forum software: With the old software the text was so hard to read that I actually read CC at 150% zoom!

I love the fact that the signature is limited by default.

You are right. My favorite online game site is going through the same thing. I has a lot to do with people now using phones for internet and less laptops and desktop machines.