CC's New Look

TiogaCruiser

Am I the only one that does not see a change? My screen looks just like it has for the last many years. I did go to the "Test" page yesterday and looked at it. I liked a few things but not others. Maybe with the many negative comments they will do more testing or modifications before releasing the new version.

I can't see any change either. Not on my iphone or my PC. :confused:

Am I the only one that does not see a change?
On all 3 of our PCs, running three different versions of Windows, we still see the same old. I don't care for the look of the new. My time on CC has been declining anyway, and I think this will accelerate that decline. Edited by jtl513

I was part of the "Test" forum as well and had not had time to write my review of the new forum layout. I actually was going to do it this weekend They did not give a date when the testing was ending. The BIG Major problem is not have the User CP. I use that constantly. I have my favorite cruise lines forums there as well as to check on Threads I am subscribed to. I could not find anything like that in the new format. Fortunately for right now I am still seeing the old format. Sadly once that goes away, I probably will not frequent CC any longer. The new format is just not user friend and takes too many steps to get to where I want to be. :o:(

I agree with you Lisa.......very unfriendly format. My ipad has the old format ,but my mini ipad has the new one. I really love CC,but may have to give up my addiction !!!!

For now, there should be a way to get back the classic format.

1. Click on the Control Panel (In the new format it should be by your avitar at the upper right hand corner of the screen).

2. Click on "Edit Options".

3. Go to the bottom of the page to Skins

4. Click on Default skin. You may need to click a different skin and Then go back and click on Default skin again. A little bit of persistence may be needed.

5. It looks like you need to do this for each device where the new format pops up.

I suspect eventually the new format will be the default; then I hope there's an option for Classic Skin.

Roy

Yes!!!!! Thank you thank you!!! :)

On all 3 of our PCs, running three different versions of Windows, we still see the same old. I don't care for the look of the new. My time on CC has been declining anyway, and I think this will accelerate that decline.

At the moment, the new format is on my PC but my phone and tablet still have the old format. I guess any day now they will switch over. I honestly don't see anything in this new version that makes it an improvement over the old, and, in fact, seems more cumbersome.

I am going to try this.

1. Click on the Control Panel (In the new format it should be by your avitar at the upper right hand corner of the screen).

4. Click on Default skin. You may need to click a different skin and Then go back and click on Default skin again. A little bit of persistence may be needed.

5. It looks like you need to do this for each device where the new format pops up.

I suspect eventually the newformat be the default; then I hope there's an option for Classic Skin.

Roy

Okay -- Chrome changed to old style on one computer.

Sure do have some work for IE and other cpomputer.

Thanks Roy!!

Try using another browser than IE - Firefox, etc. "Friends do not let friends use IE when others are better." ;)

I was not in the test group either, but the new format came up last night on my iPad using Safari. When I opened CC with Chrome, it was the old format.

I tried the new format, and like most others was not impressed. With use, I could probably get used to it, but still would prefer the old style.

Will try changing Safari back to the old format. Thanks for the tips on how to do it.

When I got "stuck" in the new format I was actually at User CP,. It's under where your LAFFNVEGAS is with the arrow. (Just in case we end up with the new format)

It seems everyone who was selected for the test pilot didn't like it so far. So why are we even seeing it now if alll the negative (so far) was negative?

Thanks Jacqui :) So far I am still with the old, but then I never log out. ;)

I suspect eventually the new format will be the default; then I hope there's an option for Classic Skin.

Roy

Thank you so much for the instructions on getting back to "the old way". I usually don't mind change, esp. if it is an improvement, but this new format is terrible! If they keep that "new thing", my CC browsing time will become extra reading or knitting or guitar practice time.

Thanks Jacqui :) So far I am still with the old, but then I never log out. ;)

You're welcome :)

I rarely do log out either Lisa ;) Logging out got me out of the new format and back to the old.

Worth a try if it all of a sudden appears ;) along with Roy's tips.

CC should really look at this thread if they care what people think about the new format. Mind you, if it brings more speed? There should be a way to balance the two IMO. But I am no techie.

Roy

New skin is horrible.

this worked great.

Thanks,

Dan

Thanks for all the tips. CC is now back to "normal" on Safari on my iPad.

Out of curiosity, I checked four other forums for reactions to the new format.

On Princess and Celebrity, the reaction was negative with maybe one per site who liked the new format. No one mentioned being asked to test the new format. The biggest compliant was too much white.

On the RCCI and Carnival boards first page, there was not a thread about the new format. I don't know if no one has noticed it, or if they do not have any objections to it.

Just thought it was interesting how CC members on other boards felt.

Lenda

Roy

Thanks for the tip!

I EQUATE THIS to HAL cxhanging their logo justt ecause they can. What didthis new look on CCdo to improve the forum? iT wasn't broken, IMO and did not need fixing. I don't care forhis and tind it harder to read.

Edited by sail7seas