CC's New Look

TiogaCruiser

Where is USER CP? How can we do the trhings we need to do if we don't have that link? how to change our signatguress?, check 'messages, friends etrx?
Upper right corner - pull down menu by clicking on your user name or just right of it. Edited by jtl513

I never log out of CC and the new one has not popped up (maybe it only will if I do log out and then log back in) so I am happy. I have read very few positives about the new look. I did finally read the sticky which has been there for two weeks (shame on me - I almost never even glance at the stickies). Here is a paragraph from it.

We'd love to get as much feedback as possible on this new format. (We're expecting an earful.) Send feedback to: community@cruisecritic.com But we also want you to let us know if you encounter any bugs or glitches along the way. A BUG forum will be available for your use here: Post Bugs, Glitches & Ask for Help Here. Don't forget you can also write to us at help@cruisecritic.com.

Everyone who has tried the new format and disliked it needs to send an e-mail and let them know. Maybe a flood of e-mails will persuade them to leave things alone.

I can't find control panel OR

ed it options. :(

groan....:rolleyes::([/QUOTe]Click on your username or the "MEMBER" symbol or the down arrow at the right end of the header bar:

2ez23ck.jpg

Edited by jtl513

I never log out of CC and the new one has not popped up (maybe it only will if I do log out and then log back in) so I am happy. I have read very few positives about the new look. I did finally read the sticky which has been there for two weeks (shame on me - I almost never even glance at the stickies). Here is a paragraph from it.

We'd love to get as much feedback as possible on this new format. (We're expecting an earful.) Send feedback to: community@cruisecritic.com But we also want you to let us know if you encounter any bugs or glitches along the way. A BUG forum will be available for your use here: Post Bugs, Glitches & Ask for Help Here. Don't forget you can also write to us at help@cruisecritic.com.

Everyone who has tried the new format and disliked it needs to send an e-mail and let them know. Maybe a flood of e-mails will persuade them to leave things alone.

I sent an e when I was part of the "test" group. appears my feedback did not count :rolleyes:;). If anyone sends an email put FEEDBACK on NEW FORMAT or something similar in the title. Hope lots do ;)

I have sent an email to community@cruisecritic.com listing the things I do not like about the new format, explaining why I have gone back to the old format.

I suggest that each of you also send an email specifically mentioning what you do or do not like.

I told them they should also check the relevant thread here in HAL forum, in the NCL forum, and any other forums that are discussing the new format.

I like the new format. The current format is very text and link heavy. This is a difficult format for folks using mobile devices.

I like that full signatures are not visible. I currently have all signatures disabled, but of course this only works when I am logged into the thread. I only log in when I wish to post, never to simply browse.

The narrow table format is, I assume, to allow more space for ads. That is easily rectified with an ad blocker.

I do hope that the login security is improved to a secure connection. I would like to see https used all the time.

I never log out of CC and the new one has not popped up (maybe it only will if I do log out and then log back in) so I am happy. I have read very few positives about the new look. I did finally read the sticky which has been there for two weeks (shame on me - I almost never even glance at the stickies)...

Me too. Always logged in. I was on a cruise when the announcement came out, so am just learning about this now. I use chrome and an ad blocker and haven't seen any changes.....yet.

I never log out of CC either.

And the new format was there when I came back on around noon time yesterday.

Oh come on !!! I leave for 2 weeks and come back to the new format? FWIW, I never log out and it still happened. Argh. I'll use the instructions to change skins (sounds like a reptile to moi, and I abhor reptiles); hopefully that'll work. Maybe if enough of us express our displeasure, they'll return to the original format and just increase the speed. (dream on :rolleyes:)

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

Very interesting, Scrapnana - but I don't see a sticky about it - is it just for people who are using the "New Look"? Or not on the HAL page? I only ever go to HAL, once in a while Cunard.

I'm seem to be back to the old format too, but I can't quote any other posters..

Ah Ha Now I can use the quote again.. And the AD's are back at the top of the forum..

I hate the new format so far & very happy that I'm back to the old format.. Had to close Internet Explorer in order to get the "quote" button back..

Thank you Roy for telling us how to get back to the old format..:)

I was ready to OPT out of using CC.. Hope we can always get the old format..

Edited by serendipity1499

The sticky I found on the top of the Holland America board is shown as

Announcement: Preview! New Cruise Critic Community Forums are Here - Please Read!!

January 8th, 2017 LauraS (Sr. Manager, Community Cruise Critic)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/announcement.php?f=171&a=468

I don't like the new look. :mad: I'm using Mozilla Firefox instead of Internet Explorer because I like the old look better.

Edited by JimAOk1945

The sticky I found on the top of the Holland America board is shown as

Announcement: Preview! New Cruise Critic Community Forums are Here - Please Read!!

January 8th, 2017 LauraS (Sr. Manager, Community Cruise Critic)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/announcement.php?f=171&a=468

I don't like the new look. :mad: I'm using Mozilla Firefox instead of Internet Explorer because I like the old look better.

Now I see it. I thought someone said it was a "sticky"......not an "announcement".

I don't think I will click on it for fear I may get stuck in "New" land!

Edited by Tinknock50

Thank you so much for the instructions on getting back to "the old way". I usually don't mind change, esp. if it is an improvement, but this new format is terrible! If they keep that "new thing", my CC browsing time will become extra reading or knitting or guitar practice time.

Thank you, 2 cruise cats. Your directions are really good ad I Found, user CP thanks to you. :D )

Ok...I went and checked it out. Not too bad really. I do like the collapsed signatures. Helps to get to the next post quicker without going to another page. I really don't need to see others 49 past cruises EVERY time I read their posts. :)

Don't understand your reasoning? :confused: Collapsed signatures was in the old format too.. In the old format there still is a way to turn off all the extraneous info, such as past cruises, in all signatures.. I never see past cruises unless I look at other posters profiles..

Sorry just realized I have signatures turned off, that's why I don't see past cruises.. You can do that too!

If I want to see signatures & past cruises then I look at someone's profile in the old system, which I much prefer than the new system..

Edited by serendipity1499

I never log out of CC either.

And the new format was there when I came back on around noon time yesterday.

I never log out and the new format was there in the afternoon, hadn't been there in the morning. I use an ipad with Safari.

Don't understand your reasoning? :confused: Collapsed signatures was in the old format too.. In the old format there still is a way to turn off all the extraneous info, such as past cruises, in all signatures.. I never see past cruises unless I look at other posters profiles..

Collapsed signatures is not in the old format. You either have to see the entire signature or you have to block all signatures. The new format only showed about two lines of each post's signature with an option on each post to expand that signature in order to see that entire signature.

I never log out of CC either, but I do turn off my PC at night..

However lately I've had to sign in almost every day & don't know what is causing me not to be signed in when I go on the Holland America board..by..

All I have to do is sign in as Serendipity1499 & CC automatically puts my password in for me.. If CC stores my password, that should mean that I'm auto signed in forever, doesn't it?

I use Internet Explorer & the new format automatically appeared yesterday..