Don't you love that periodic excitement before a cruise?

JAMESCC

There is this strange excitement that just pops up almost without warning that happens periodically before the cruise. It builds more as you get closer, but it happens way far out too. We are booked on Anthem for Sept. 2017 and I get it out of nowhere and its pretty awesome. Don't you get that and just love it? Its a pretty cool feeling I don't think any other vacation gives you.

I am beyond excitement about retiring in 46 working days (imagining what I will do with all of the waking hours that are currently devoted to work) and moving (sorting, packing, buying things for the new house). Four weeks later we are sailing on the Majesty (a small, older ship that we have enjoyed several times previously) and I still feel the excitement of a cruise in the future. You are absolutely right, there is nothing else like it.

There is this strange excitement that just pops up almost without warning that happens periodically before the cruise. It builds more as you get closer, but it happens way far out too. We are booked on Anthem for Sept. 2017 and I get it out of nowhere and its pretty awesome. Don't you get that and just love it? Its a pretty cool feeling I don't think any other vacation gives you.

That is so true! My cruise is not until next December and I get butterflies every time I think about it! I think that's part of the "addiction." It's a "high" for me! :D:D:D

I get that initial ping of excitement when we book. Then when I start reading cruise critic. Then when I start looking at gowns ( and buying them because ...well I Need 2 new ones every time:o) and now it's finally 2017 so our cruise is this August ( we booked last April) so now it hits me when ever i think "BING" that lovely sound I hear when I get on the ship!

When we walk up the ramp I get like a kid at Christmas and that last step ,from ramp to actual ship....I look like a kid at Christmas!!

I am beyond excitement about retiring in 46 working days (imagining what I will do with all of the waking hours that are currently devoted to work) and moving (sorting, packing, buying things for the new house). Four weeks later we are sailing on the Majesty (a small, older ship that we have enjoyed several times previously) and I still feel the excitement of a cruise in the future. You are absolutely right, there is nothing else like it.

Oh am I jealous! So, so jealous! Have a nice retirement and awesome first retirement cruise with many, many more to come. Did I tell you I was jealous?

Edited by JAMESCC

I retired in November after 40 years with my company, and yes I started when I was 2!😉 It is the best! We go on my retirement cruise in six weeks. We've had this cruise booked for almost two years, I get that excited feeling all the time when I think about it. Of course it wasn't my retirement cruise when we booked as I made that decision only a few months before I retired.

We will be sailing in Europe but, not until this fall which is a pretty long time off yet. Doing our first real B2B totaling 20 glorious days! Even though it is so far off, I am already so excited. I just keep thinking, "I'm going to Paris, I'm going to Paris"!!!!!!!!!! :D

About 15 years ago we moved to a new state, had a townhouse built, and our youngest child was beginning college. We took our first European trip to France the next summer. I didn't realize that it was the first of many trips. When we were leaving France to come back home I was tearful because I thought it was not something I would do again for a long time. It was just the beginning. My husband and I have traveled every year since and now we have begun to cruise. I love the planning and anticipation that goes with it!

Yes, I even get exciting about our routine cruises into Caribbean out of Galveston. But for those special cruises that are a ways off, I'm super excited. Alaska Southbound and pre-cruise land tour July 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As I get closer to cruise day, I find the anticipation so unnerving that all I want to do is watch cruise videos on YouTube for the ship we are going on. Watching them also lets me feel like I'm right there with them!

Hadn't thought of doing this!!! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought I was the only one that got super excited a year out!!! I'm in the home stretch now, made the kids a calendar to mark off the days until we cruise in April! I too love watching the YouTube video tours of the ship, I like to know my way around before I'm on the ship. I've already started packing, I always order new stuff each year for the kids...water shoes, boat shoes, bathing suits etc. I know each of you will continue to anticipate that wonderful feeling...happy cruising.

For us part of the Cruise is the pre-cruise anticipation and excitement. Never gets old no matter the number of times we've Cruised, or how many times we've Cruised with the same Cruise lines, ship or ports.

Edited by davekathy

I know I am getting close enough to sail day for it to strike my awareness when I realize I am subconsciously driving much more carefully (like I should all the time :o ). Don't want any accidents before the big day. :eek:

Our next cruise is going to be missing a lot of the "cues" we have always had - no airline reservation, no hotel and no port city touristing plans. Just pick son up on way to the port so he can bring the car back to his house. Easy!