I am a chair hog

PoppyandNana

Going around once an hour to remove stuff doesn't work, because what happens if a couple had two seats and just left for 10 minutes to grab a plate of food from the buffet?

If they write the time when the card is put on the chair they wouldn't take the stuff away when folks are gone for 10 minutes because it would be under the 30 min max.

If they write the time when the card is put on the chair they wouldn't take the stuff away when folks are gone for 10 minutes because it would be under the 30 min max.

This is such an amazingly brilliant idea....I wonder why they don't do it...sure someone could come by and sit down for 5 minutes, then leave, but the point is if you reserved a chair at 7 a.m. you'd have to keep coming to it every 30 min.

Ah, I see, the cards in conjunction with the coming around once an hour. I thought you were suggesting either 1) cards or 2) come by once an hour. I agree that both together would be great. I just don't think any cruise line would ever do it, because of the inevitable hordes of complaints from chair hogs crying that people stole their stuff. Technically though, no one "stole" their stuff. All their stuff would be at lost and found.

Ah, I see, the cards in conjunction with the coming around once an hour. I thought you were suggesting either 1) cards or 2) come by once an hour. I agree that both together would be great. I just don't think any cruise line would ever do it, because of the inevitable hordes of complaints from chair hogs crying that people stole their stuff. Technically though, no one "stole" their stuff. All their stuff would be at lost and found.

It's so simple and inexpensive, that I can't be the only one who has thought about it, so it's got to be another case of Cruise lines making up rules that they know they won't enforce. ;)

Agree,

but post-its not cards. They'll stick to the chair and won't blow away. Using a different color every half hour will show how long a chair has been empty.

This post is so funny all I keep.thinking is what these clips look like can some one post one please

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Good 'ol Amazon at your service with your choice of trusty clips!

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_15?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=beach+chair+towel+clips&sprefix=beach+chair+tow%2Caps%2C143&crid=2MZ9OQLWJA8R3

From the description from Amazon:

"Keeping the towels from blowing away when saving our beach chairs!".

Even Amazon is supporting chair hogging!!!

Lol this thread is really cracking me up I now am thinking of a chair hog strategy...has anyone deployed this strategy at the martini or other bars? Would a book suffice I don't know how the clips would work on a stool? Would a cabin towel be better or perhaps a napkin from the dining room.:confused:

To me, the ongoing and everlasting issue of "chair hogs" is simple and clear:

Some people simply have no class and you cannot make a silk purse from a horse's caboose.

Personally, I laugh at them. I mean it, I watch the action of these inconsiderate "gavones" with great amusement. And they have more stories than Mother Goose if asked to justify their selfish acts.

The day people like this can spoil my cruise is the day I give up cruising. I don't pay thousands of dollars to lounge around a ship's pool each sea day - I can lounge around my own pool, choose my own music and not have to listen to screaming and other prepubescent manifestations.

The sea is peaceful and tranquil if you allow it to be. The K-Mart Code of Conduct should not be allowed to disrupt that - and allowing it to is self-inflicted.

Enjoy the show - it truly rivals the Celebrity Theater at times.

Spill in Aisle 3!

I love everything about this quote!! Lol. Hilarious and 100% accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Amazon sells everything!! Lookie here' date=' a his and hers so you can hog two chairs! LOL

https://www.amazon.com/Bachelor-Party-Inflatable-Female-Woman/dp/B01MZ1ZGC0/ref=sr_1_35?ie=UTF8&qid=1485967328&sr=8-35&keywords=blow+up+dolls[/quote'] Love it, love it, love it!

Edited by fastnloose

You mean those items on the loungers are not free gifts for the cruisers?

We just remove the items from the loungers and give them to the pool attendant. Inform them I found some items for the lost and found. If the owner comes back to the chair then I will just tell them nothing was on the chair and to check with the attendant. If you lay your stuff down on the chair and jump in the pool or get a drink then that is fine. If you are going back to your room, exiting the ship or eating breakfast or lunch then the chair is up for grabs.

I LOVE this ... and it's what I'll be doing moving forward.

Ummm I use it because it holds our towels up....not for chair hogging. Sounds so judgmental on here... #dontheclips [emoji12]

There's nothing wrong with the clips themselves, when they are holding up towels for people sitting in the chairs. It's the walking by the deck at 7:15 AM and seeing a row of 10 chairs, all empty, all "saved" by clips, that is the issue.

People used to leave a towel and a book. Or a towel and a shirt. Or a towel and one flip flop. Now it seems to be all clips.

On Eclipse a few years ago, my husband and I were flabbergasted to see a lady (probably about 40ish) settling all her "Teddy Bears" on their own lounger. Her husband and she took one on either side! She even put sun lotion on them (messy!). The bears looked after the other 2 loungers when the pair went for lunch. I was tempted to chuck them overboard, but as I am a rule follower, didn't dare!!

WOW! JUST WOW! I think I may actually be speechless!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

I wish that each cruise line would publish a bulletin that is delivered to each stateroom at the beginning of every cruise stating....THERE WILL BE NO LOUNGE CHAIR SAVING ON ANY DECK AT ANY TIME. IF WE SEE THIS HAPPEN, WE WILL REMOVE YOUR ITEMS AND YOU CAN CLAIM THEM AT.... (WHERE EVER)....WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST ITEMS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE IN THIS MATTER AS WE WANT EVERYONE TO BE ABLE TO ENJOY THEIR CRUISE.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

This has been a very interesting discussion indeed. DH and I are not confrontational people, and while I totally agree with removing the items that have been saving chairs, (and did it once in the past), I had a very, very irate person tell me off about it. Her energy really disturbed my day. I know I shouldn't let a rude jerk get to me, but I did. So I guess I won't be removing anything again.

I sure wish Celebrity (and other cruiselines we sail have the same issue) would be responsible for this unfair practice, so that we passengers don't have to fend for ourselves. In the meantime, we'll stick to the balcony.