Norwegian's Upgrade Advantage Program

ehcruise

We are in a Jade 2BR Suite and checked on upgrade bid. It shows Haven 2BR open for bidding and OS.

Checked a few days later and it also has the Garden Villa open for bid but the minimum bid is $1000 x 2. That is an awesome place to spend time, but not at that kind of money. Somebody will get a good deal.

There are no haven 2BR suites available for booking even though we could bid on them. As others have mentioned they often let you bid on something with the possibility it might open up (cancel or someone moves up to GV or OS)

• 2 months later...

Hi. Has anyone who has booked their NCL cruise through Cosco Travel received an email offer to upgrade? I'm just wondering. We're looking to book an NCL cruise through Costco but we're seeing mixed comments on Cruise Critic about upgrade offers. So I would like to check.

Thanks,

I just placed a bid and I'm wondering what is the avg time to wait on receiving an accept or deny notification...how long has others had to wait? Can it really take up to two days before the cruise to find out?

We cruised in July on NCL. Bid on 2 Havens. Didn't find out we were declined until the morning 2days out. So yes it can take that long.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Chances of winning?

It depends if others bid more than you.

It depends on how many cabins they have available to upgrade.

It depends....

I saw some posters saying their upgrades were accepted, and they bidded lower than I did... my bid is still pending.

I called NCL to inquire, and they told me they couldn't tell me how bids are chosen.

We put in a bid about 3 weeks ago to go from an obstructed OV. We bid $120 for a balcony and $145 for a mini-suite. The balcony bid was considered in the fair range and the mini-suite was considered the poor range. We found out today that we got the mine-suite midship! We sail Dec. 1st.

We put in a bid about 3 weeks ago to go from an obstructed OV. We bid $120 for a balcony and $145 for a mini-suite. The balcony bid was considered in the fair range and the mini-suite was considered the poor range. We found out today that we got the mine-suite midship! We sail Dec. 1st.
Was the $145 your total bid or your bid per person?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Forums mobile app

How is it determined who would get an email offering the opportunity to bid on an upgrade? My 4th NCL cruise in less than 2 years is next month and I've never gotten such offers.

Robin

If you go through a travel agent, the agent has to be part of the program for you to get notices. There is a large store that sells things near “cost” that isn’t in the program.

Also, there may be a link in MyNCL to upgrade even if you didn’t get the email.

• 2 weeks later...
What is the latest any of you were ever notified of your upgrade bid acceptance prior to a cruise? 2 days? 1 day? 1 hour?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Forums mobile app

It’s usually been the week before, although we already had a bid accepted for this Christmas. I think two days prior to sailing is the stated limit. I have gotten emails saying my bids were not accepted, as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 7 months later...
If you go through a travel agent, the agent has to be part of the program for you to get notices. There is a large store that sells things near “cost” that isn’t in the program.

Also, there may be a link in MyNCL to upgrade even if you didn’t get the email.

Where would this link be? I bought my cruise from an american-based airline that also has a cruise dept, I wonder if they participate....

Where would this link be? I bought my cruise from an american-based airline that also has a cruise dept, I wonder if they participate....

When you log onto MyNCL, your home screen will be a full screen link to the upgrade system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Any thoughts on what percent of people opt to submit a bid? This is purely a speculation question but I wonder whether 25%, 50%, or ?% of the cabins wind up putting in a bid. Likely no way to know but would like your thoughts.

• 3 weeks later...
Any thoughts on what percent of people opt to submit a bid? This is purely a speculation question but I wonder whether 25%, 50%, or ?% of the cabins wind up putting in a bid. Likely no way to know but would like your thoughts.

I'm booked in an inside and was given the opportunity to bid on oceanview, balcony and spa balcony. I was interested in upgrading to a balcony, so my first step was to see how much it would cost to upgrade outright. The difference was $300 per person to go from inside to balcony. I first considered a bid of 50% ($150), but decided to scale it back to $125 (42%). Wanting to increase my chances by bidding on available inventory, I also bid on the spa balcony. I had planned to bid the same ($125), but NCL is clever and makes you increase your bid over the amount you submitted for the lower category. So I played their game and bid $135 on the spa balcony. Both bids indicated a low chance of acceptance, which I could not care less about! I bid what I'm willing to pay and if I get it fine. If not, fine.

Incidentally, the maximum amount NCL would accept on the inside to balcony upgrade was $400, which is $100 MORE than you could upgrade for outright. I would hope most people do their homework before they submit bids.

Edited by BEAV

I'm booked in an inside and was given the opportunity to bid on oceanview, balcony and spa balcony. I was interested in upgrading to a balcony, so my first step was to see how much it would cost to upgrade outright. The difference was $300 per person to go from inside to balcony. I first considered a bid of 50% ($150), but decided to scale it back to $125 (42%). Wanting to increase my chances by bidding on available inventory, I also bid on the spa balcony. I had planned to bid the same ($125), but NCL is clever and makes you increase your bid over the amount you submitted for the lower category. So I played their game and bid $135 on the spa balcony. Both bids indicated a low chance of acceptance, which I could not care less about! I bid what I'm willing to pay and if I get it fine. If not, fine.

Incidentally, the maximum amount NCL would accept on the inside to balcony upgrade was $400, which is $100 MORE than you could upgrade for outright. I would hope most people do their homework before they submit bids.

I'm just excited someone used "I could not care less about" correctly!!!

Good luck on your bid

• Like 1

Can anyone give me the email address that your letter came from? I can’t find the one I got last week. Thanks.

I'm afraid I can't help with an email address, I think the email actually goes to my TA. There's a "Let's Get You Upgraded" banner when I log into My NCL. Have you looked there? If you have more than one cruise booked, you need to go into the cruise that your hoping to upgrade.

I'm afraid I can't help with an email address, I think the email actually goes to my TA. There's a "Let's Get You Upgraded" banner when I log into My NCL. Have you looked there? If you have more than one cruise booked, you need to go into the cruise that your hoping to upgrade.

Every other time yes. This time no.