Are you able to decorate the outside of your cabin door?

Pier290

I wanted to decorate the door.....tastefully of course....for my husband's 40th birthday while we are sailing. [emoji322] [emoji324]

Has anyone done this?

Please NO OPINIONS of what u think about decorated doors.......please just answer my question kindly.

Many thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

You say "no opinions" but then add "tastefully of course". That asks for an opinion. Decorating the outside of your door is tasteless. Decorate the inside of the door instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Could not disagree more. Have fun and celebrate. If it pleases you, then let everyone know you are celebrating. It hurts nothing. The halls of cabin doors are dreary to say the least. Disregard the nay-sayers.

Yes, you can decorate your door. We've done it for birthdays, New Years, and most recently for Christmas this past Dec. Here are a few photos of some other people's cabin doors that were decorated during our Dec cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52248815&postcount=73

Edited by mahdnc

We don't, not our thing. But on our last cruise a couple of cabins down from ours the occupants put a white/dry erase board on their stateroom door. One day early in the cruise (14 night cruise) I walked by the white board and it was blank. So I wrote knock, knock... on it. For the remanded of the cruise the knock. knock jokes continued. It turned out pretty funny. I occasionally saw the occupants of the stateroom, stop, read and laugh as they entered their stateroom.

I wanted to decorate the door.....tastefully of course....for my husband's 40th birthday while we are sailing. [emoji322] [emoji324]

Has anyone done this?

Please NO OPINIONS of what u think about decorated doors.......please just answer my question kindly.

Many thanks!

We have done it in some fashion for a number of years. Last cruise one of our friends we were sailing with made these for the 3 cabins in our group.

And we always use the Cruise Critic door sign.:D

image.jpg.30b6e0f062fc06916b4d714f7c411d1c.jpg

Have fun. Congratulations and Happy Birthday. We often decorate. It really helps to find your cabin late at night after using the drink package to its potential.

f5d58cc8a976eb7805d1dabcdfd48613.jpg

HAAAA!!!! GREAT POINT !! Then I'm definitely decorating !

I have a magnet that I easily pack for each cruise. It has our first names on it and "Seas the Day"!! with ocean waves and sea gulls etc. I designed it online. Simple' date=' cute, and easy![/quote']

Hi Susan, I'm interested in where you got your magnet.

How're you two doing with all the white stuff you're getting? We're back on Eclipse end of November, join us! Melody & Les

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is a picture collage I put together, had laminated at Office Max and put on our door when we celebrated our anniversary...I used the sticky picture mounting putty to put on the door, no damage or residue...made me happy every time I looked at it, and lots of nice comments.

c732966bf1a7ad1d6ef980ddb3446e3d.jpg

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

You say "no opinions" but then add "tastefully of course". That asks for an opinion. Decorating the outside of your door is tasteless. Decorate the inside of the door instead.

Providing such comments and deriding an otherwise light post with good hearted intentions is tasteless. Perhaps in your next post you can display an ounce of respect for the original poster and those positively participating in the conversation.

OP: Decorate as you see fit... Cruises are meant to be fun, so make it whatever kind fun you and your man enjoy!