Elite cocktail hour

Harborgirl246

On the Transatlantics, when the Elite coupons are good in most bars ship wide, is the forward Sky Lounge still open 5-7pm for bar service?

It was just specific bars.

The 2 we had drinks was the Ensemble Lounge & Sunset Bar. We dined in BLU for that cruise so having a few cocktails in the Ensemble Lounge prior to diner was nice. They always had live entertainment (folk singers or light jazz). Also the couch set up in the Ensemble Lounge made for easy conversation and socializing.

Questions still remain -- forget TA's taken in the past as we know everyone had coupons/vouchers. These questions are for those on cruises with a reasonable amount of Elites that they don't need coupons.

1. Are your 3 Elite drinks loaded onto your seapass?

2. If they are on your seapass, did they still hold the Elite function in the Sky Lounge and did they swipe your seapass for each drink?

3. If they are loaded onto your seapass, can you get a drink at the designated bars around the ship?

4. Can you use your seapass to get a drink at a designated bar, then go to the Sky Lounge to get unlimited drinks between the hours of 5-7pm without them swiping your seapass?

5. Are the drinks loaded onto your seapass in lieu of handing out vouchers when there are lots of Elites on board?

Wine-O these are the questions we want answered! Last Celebrity cruise for us was October and nothing was changed. Now next one is April and I hope someone can tell us how things are now. Dianne

We were on a transatlantic on the Silhouette last year and got three coupons apiece for the cocktail hour. There were hundreds of Elites on board. In the Fall we were on a Caribbean cruise on the Summit and there were only about 30 Elites. We got unlimited drinks and a lot of attention from the staff. I guess it relates to the number of Elite passengers as to what may happen.

Wine-O these are the questions we want answered! Last Celebrity cruise for us was October and nothing was changed. Now next one is April and I hope someone can tell us how things are now. Dianne

Dianne, we concluded our 14 day Eclipse cruise on 2/5/17. The Standard CC coupons were loaded on our Sea passes. Celebrity included a list of what was loaded on the cards. The Drink vouchers were still paper vouchers with the dates printed. (The normal process when a high number of Elite and above are on board).

I do not believe anyone has ever reported that Celebrity has put the drink coupons on the Sea pass. Of course I can only say with certainty that Celebrity did not load the drinks on the Sea Pass on my just completed cruise.

Obvious it is a process that works on RCL, but it does require a little more work for the servers. (By requiring a scan instead of just taking a coupon)

Dianne, we concluded our 14 day Eclipse cruise on 2/5/17. The Standard CC coupons were loaded on our Sea passes. Celebrity included a list of what was loaded on the cards. The Drink vouchers were still paper vouchers with the dates printed. (The normal process when a high number of Elite and above are on board).

I do not believe anyone has ever reported that Celebrity has put the drink coupons on the Sea pass. Of course I can only say with certainty that Celebrity did not load the drinks on the Sea Pass on my just completed cruise.

Obvious it is a process that works on RCL, but it does require a little more work for the servers. (By requiring a scan instead of just taking a coupon)

From your response, I suppose the 5-7 happy hour will be in the Sky Lounge when there are not enough Elites on board to pass out drink coupons to be used in other bars, and drinks would be unlimited as usual. Other than that, no drinks loaded onto seapass -- just the normal Elite coupons you get in your stateroom upon embarkation.

We have been elite for four cruises and only once did we have coupons. On the Millennium a private group took over the Sky Lounge for the happy hour period. The coupons worked just fine, and one advantage is that you can save one coupon for your last glass of wine and take it into the MDR if you like.

However, with no coupons you can squeeze in more than three drinks if you like. I find that if we stay the entire two hours, that four glasses of wine is the most that I can muster.

In my opinion, this is ridiculous. Elite cruisers have spent tonnes of money on Celebrity to get to that level and being treated so lowly is terrible. A limit of 3 drinks is silly... for everyone who drinks four, I'm sure there are those who only have one or two, so why limit it? Nowadays, so many cruisers have the drink packages anyway. The coupons are embarrassing and tacky and make me feel like I'm on Carnival or in Walmart, but sure don't make you feel like you're on a five-star luxury cruise!

In my opinion, this is ridiculous. Elite cruisers have spent tonnes of money on Celebrity to get to that level and being treated so lowly is terrible. A limit of 3 drinks is silly... for everyone who drinks four, I'm sure there are those who only have one or two, so why limit it? Nowadays, so many cruisers have the drink packages anyway. The coupons are embarrassing and tacky and make me feel like I'm on Carnival or in Walmart, but sure don't make you feel like you're on a five-star luxury cruise!

Perhaps you misunderstood. Most cruises do not use coupons and the cocktail,party is held in the Sky Lounge with no limits on the number of drinks you can have in two hours. The coupons are used whenever there are a very large number of Elite and Elite plus passengers on the Sailing. Coupons are used to allow passengers to not have to be inconvenienced with the large number of people in the Sky Lounge by allowing them enjoy drinks in other locations on the ship.

Actually it is a benefit to most cruisers. The coupons also allow you to buy watered water, beer, or soda that you can procure unopened to enjoy later in your cabin.

If you find yourself on a cruise that is fortunate enough to use coupons then you should be able to get additional coupons from people who have a drink package or do not need them for other reasons.

Perhaps you misunderstood. Most cruises do not use coupons and the cocktail,party is held in the Sky Lounge with no limits on the number of drinks you can have in two hours. The coupons are used whenever there are a very large number of Elite and Elite plus passengers on the Sailing. Coupons are used to allow passengers to not have to be inconvenienced with the large number of people in the Sky Lounge by allowing them enjoy drinks in other locations on the ship.

Actually it is a benefit to most cruisers. The coupons also allow you to buy watered water, beer, or soda that you can procure unopened to enjoy later in your cabin.

If you find yourself on a cruise that is fortunate enough to use coupons then you should be able to get additional coupons from people who have a drink package or do not need them for other reasons.

I have only been Elite for 2 cruises. A TA on the Equinox last October and January E. Caribbean cruise on the Reflection. Both trips I did not have a drink package.

For the TA on the Equinox we had the coupons & for the E. Caribbean Cruise on the Reflection we used the Sky Lounge.

I kind of liked the coupons better. We always get to the Ensemble Lounge around 5p, have 2 drinks and either enjoy the live entertainment or socialize. Since we dined in BLU, around 630p we get our last drink, which would be a glass of wine & walk around the corner to BLU for dinner. 630p is good time to get to BLU with the early birds finishing up and trying to make the 7p show.

Three drinks is about all that I can handle during happy hour. I usually drink red wine, but if I wanted to really get loaded, I would drink three martinis. However, then I would be no good for the rest of the evening.

On the Fall Silly TA there where over 700+ Elites /+ and Zenith.

Those in the know have either received drinks coupons from others or got a whole set from the Classic/Premium people.

I was using coupons dated 2 years prior to the date. Did anybody question ......no.

Average about 5 drinks and 3 glasses of wine per evening.

Those in the know have either received drinks coupons from others or got a whole set from the Classic/Premium people.

I was using coupons dated 2 years prior to the date. Did anybody question ......no.

You can buy Elite drink coupons for $1 each on eBAY!!!

You can buy Elite drink coupons for $1 each on eBAY!!!

The coupons are dated so any coupons from a previous cruise are useless. I just looked on Ebay an could not find any elite drink coupons. They may have sold them a while back before the coupons were dated.

Oh man, your poor liver!

Oh man, your poor liver!

I honestly would be dead if I drank that much in one day; since I grew up with parents who loved to have parties and drink, but not that much, I am good with one drink onboard per day...my health is just very important to me; however, I do respect those who drink on a cruise and don't have to drive home.:eek: To each his/her own!

One needs to realize that Elite cocktails usually are not a full ounce pour. My Lemon Drops where easy to metabolize over 2 hours.

We usually drink wine and the glass of wine they serve are regular sized.

Occasionally, I will have a martini. The martinis are not as large as the ones at the martini bar, but they still have some kick.

• 4 weeks later...

Friends of ours sailing with us on a Transatlantic are sharing a stateroom. One is Elite+ the other Select. I know the Select member will be able to attend the 5:00-7:00pm Elite Cocktail hour, but since it's a Transatlantic, will he also have the 3 drinks per day loaded onto his card (or given paper vouchers)? Trying to determine if he will be able to use the vouchers at any bar or if he'll be restricted to only the Sky Lounge?

Friends of ours sailing with us on a Transatlantic are sharing a stateroom. One is Elite+ the other Select. I know the Select member will be able to attend the 5:00-7:00pm Elite Cocktail hour, but since it's a Transatlantic, will he also have the 3 drinks per day loaded onto his card (or given paper vouchers)? Trying to determine if he will be able to use the vouchers at any bar or if he'll be restricted to only the Sky Lounge?

Had the same scenario in Nov TA. Coupons get both. I would have the Select member get white entrance card.

When we had coupons on Millennium in 2015, there were dates on them and apparently at the end of the curuise, my last day, the bar tender discovered that one of my three coupons had an earlier date. I think they do check those dates sometimes.