Elite cocktail hour

Harborgirl246

OK just checking if I understand this. This is the first time I have ever heard about coupons. I will be doing a TA cruise, so from what I understand (and correct me if I am wrong). IF they use coupons, I will be able to use them at any bar/lounge at anytime through out the day? Or is there a time limit (5-7) that they can be used.

Thanks

OK just checking if I understand this. This is the first time I have ever heard about coupons. I will be doing a TA cruise, so from what I understand (and correct me if I am wrong). IF they use coupons, I will be able to use them at any bar/lounge at anytime through out the day? Or is there a time limit (5-7) that they can be used.

Thanks

Unfortunately, the coupons are still restricted to 5:00-7:00pm usage. They are valid in most bars, but I know the Martini Bar is one of the exceptions. The Captain's Club letter in your stateroom will describe which bars they are valid.

Sorry to hijack this thread but what is included in the Elite( we're first timers in April)? DH likes a decent scotch/rocks & I like a flavored vodka/rocks. Is this something we can get at the Elite event?

Thanks

You'll find the Elite cocktail menu in the link below:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50443630&postcount=3

Sorry to hijack this thread but what is included in the Elite( we're first timers in April)? DH likes a decent scotch/rocks & I like a flavored vodka/rocks. Is this something we can get at the Elite event?

Thanks

At one time some of the bars (Ensemble) had menus, showing what drinks were available. I don't however remember them on Deck 14 forward.

Interestingly we cruised last summer on Eclipse and I had the drink package. One night the waiter asked me if I had the coupons. I told him I did but saw no use for them. He asked me to please start using them during the approved time periods each evening. He said they get better tips with the coupons. I later confirmed this with another waiter.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Interestingly we cruised last summer on Eclipse and I had the drink package. One night the waiter asked me if I had the coupons. I told him I did but saw no use for them. He asked me to please start using them during the approved time periods each evening. He said they get better tips with the coupons. I later confirmed this with another waiter.

Great! I'll use them if it helps the bartenders. Can you use them at any bar?

• 5 months later...
The question is if there are not the number of Elites on board to warrant coupons, Celebrity has begun to load up the Sea Pass with 3 drinks, and the event is held in the Sky Lounge, is it now a 3-drink limit on any and all the time, at any and every venue, and Sea pass is scanned for each drink?

For example, in the past (without coupons) you could go to the Sky Lounge between 5-7pm and have 4-5 martinis or 4-5 beers. Is it now the case (without coupons) that 3 drinks are loaded onto your Seapass, and that's it, period, exclamation point!

Our last X cruise was on the Summit last October and we would go to the Elite cocktail hour each evening but I don't remember there being a limit, although 3 would probably be too much for me my DH might have more than 3 occasionally.

So is this limitation something relatively new to the program? And do they still have a dedicated lounge for this event each evening on the Eclipse or is it just 3 drinks on your sea pass to use where ever you like between certain hours?

We'll be on Eclipse in December and we're trying to decide if we should get the drink package or not. It wasn't included in our fare as we have a deeply discounted industry rate.

As we get older we just don't drink that much any more.

I have never been to a true Elite cocktail hour, but have always been issued with 3 coupons per night. We have been Elite since September 2012. We have been to a variety of lounges to use them between 5-7 pm, but on our last Celebrity cruise I did notice an old lady use hers at lunch time. If the waiters are paid more tips I can see that they would welcome them.

On our next cruise on Silhouette in June 2018, we will have the Classic beverage package, which was included in our fare. I use it mainly for bottled water. I like having a kettle in my room when I sail from Southampton and once worked out that it would have cost me $150 if I had had to buy the water.

On my last December sailing as Elite I had the Premium package. That way I got to drink my preferred beverage during the Elite cocktail hour. We were actually given the 3 printed coupons which I handed my favorite bar tender without ordering from the limited list.

On my next cruise it was loaded onto my card but I didn't use them.

On my last December sailing as Elite I had the Premium package. That way I got to drink my preferred beverage during the Elite cocktail hour. We were actually given the 3 printed coupons which I handed my favorite bar tender without ordering from the limited list.

On my next cruise it was loaded onto my card but I didn't use them.

When you mentioned the coupons being loaded on your card are you referencing our 1/22/2017 Eclipse cruise?

The stand coupons were loaded on my Seapass card, but not the drink coupons. Was it different for you? Or were you on a RCCL cruise somewhere?

When you mentioned the coupons being loaded on your card are you referencing our 1/22/2017 Eclipse cruise?

The stand coupons were loaded on my Seapass card, but not the drink coupons. Was it different for you? Or were you on a RCCL cruise somewhere?

You are correct. I earned Elite in Dec so my first coupons were on our cruise. The next cruise on AZ I mentally confused with a celebrity cruise that didn't have coupons. my bad. Thankx for catching it. I'm not used to doing so many cruises these past two years. They start to run together in some aspects.

You are correct. I earned Elite in Dec so my first coupons were on our cruise. The next cruise on AZ I mentally confused with a celebrity cruise that didn't have coupons. my bad. Thankx for catching it. I'm not used to doing so many cruises these past two years. They start to run together in some aspects.

That is a great problem to have!!

• 3 weeks later...

We will be sailing for the first time with Celebrity next month. When we recently checked out the Captains Club Elite cocktail menu, we noticed that tequila is not listed. My drink of choice is a good Margarita. Does anyone know if we will have to pay for it, or if they make exceptions at all. We'll be on the Silhouette. Thank you.

We will be sailing for the first time with Celebrity next month. When we recently checked out the Captains Club Elite cocktail menu, we noticed that tequila is not listed. My drink of choice is a good Margarita. Does anyone know if we will have to pay for it, or if they make exceptions at all. We'll be on the Silhouette. Thank you.

Agree with cruisestitch. If you have the BP you can order your Margarita while attending the almost nightly event.

The question is if there are not the number of Elites on board to warrant coupons, Celebrity has begun to load up the Sea Pass with 3 drinks, and the event is held in the Sky Lounge, is it now a 3-drink limit on any and all the time, at any and every venue, and Sea pass is scanned for each drink?

For example, in the past (without coupons) you could go to the Sky Lounge between 5-7pm and have 4-5 martinis or 4-5 beers. Is it now the case (without coupons) that 3 drinks are loaded onto your Seapass, and that's it, period, exclamation point!

We have had it both ways. Last two times the sky lounge was open although coupons were used at other bars. They took coupons up there and once the three drinks were done it was done. My question: Who wants more than 3 drinks in 2 hours??! We never use all our coupons. Well before we had beverage pkg we did, and just got our "change" in unopened cokes or bottles of water.

Once on a TA we had unlimited number of drinks in the sky lounge and there were no coupons. Cocktail hour was only up there,. The snacks were also good too, but since it was right before dinner we had none.

We just got off Millennium about a week ago, and I had a Margarita one night during the Elite Cocktail Hour. It was brought to me as one of the included drinks, although I never checked the list, I just asked for a Margarita. The only reason I stopped at one is because it wasn’t a very good Margarita. The Sky Lounge bartenders made many other drinks that were much tastier, so I never asked for a Margarita from that bar again.