Cruise is tomorrow 2/18 - need help super fast!

mnventure

We just flew into Orlando and took transportation to our hotel near Port Canaveral. Got to the hotel, and my MIL realized she didn't have her purse and it wasn't in the van. Her and my husband are on their way back to MCO to see if they can find it.

If they can't find it, it means she doesn't have photo ID or her passport.

What, if anything, can we do to get her on the Epic tomorrow?

We just flew into Orlando and took transportation to our hotel near Port Canaveral. Got to the hotel, and my MIL realized she didn't have her purse and it wasn't in the van. Her and my husband are on their way back to MCO to see if they can find it.

If they can't find it, it means she doesn't have photo ID or her passport.

What, if anything, can we do to get

her on the Epic tomorrow?

Im sure youve thought of this already, but call the airline .....they go thru the plane b4 loading up again, and may have found it. Other then that, maybe call NCL? Hope she finds it!

Very sorry to hear about your situation and hope she is able to find her purse. It is highly unlikely that she will be allowed to board without proper ID. Below is from the NCL website regarding Identification requirements. I would call them to see if they have any additional recommendations for you. Fingers crossed for you and your family!!

"For Cruises Leaving From a U.S. Port to the Caribbean, Bahamas & Florida, Bermuda, Alaska, Mexican Riviera, Canada & New England, Pacific Coastal

You’re required to carry:

A Valid Passport

OR

Proof of Citizenship (see below) AND Government-issued photo ID

• State certified U.S. birth certificate(Baptismal paper, hospital certificates of birth, and Puerto Rico birth certificates issued prior to 7/1/10 are not acceptable.)
  • Original certificate of U.S. naturalization
  • Original certificate of U.S. citizenship
  • U.S. Consular report of your birth abroad

OR

WHTI (Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative)-compliant documents (click here to for more information.)

*A U.S. citizen under the age of 16 does not require a government-issued photo ID.

Norwegian Cruise Line strongly recommends all guests to obtain a passport for their cruise vacation for the following reasons:

• If you miss your ship at its scheduled U.S. departure port and need to travel outside the U.S. to meet your ship.
  • You unexpectedly need to depart the ship from a foreign port prior to the end of sailing, a passport would be required to leave or re-enter the U.S. by air.

If you need to obtain a passport quickly, please contact VisaCentral at 844-834-5702 and reference account 75006 for discounted VisaCentral service fees. VisaCentral can obtain a passport in as little as 48 hours."

Knowing how obsessed women are with their purses, I am still trying to figure out how your MIL got into a car and drove all the way to a Port Canaveral hotel without checking for her purse even once! What is it, about a 2 hour trip? I am constantly double checking the location of my purse when traveling, especially when it contains more $ than usual plus a passport. She must be really laid back.:cool:

Glad it all worked out.

I wish you and your family a good cruise.

I would like to offer some practical advice which may help with documents while traveling.

I take a copy of my passport, driver's license, and credit cards. These copies are put in a separate place other than my purse.

I do this in case I ever need to replace any of these things while traveling.

I am not certain that such copies would get me on a ship,plane or through customs,but they could serve as some kind of proof of my citizenship and residency.

On another note, I am a sixty - something person.

I can misplace or forget things. So, I think I can say this in a gentle way- you may need to keep a watchful eye on your MIL so that something like this instance does not happen again on your vacation.

Doing this is an act of kindness for her and not something that would cause her dismay.

Bon voyage !