Pearl returns from refurbishment

ClevelandCruisin

With the Pearl's dry dock, Jade was made "charter ready" and will remain so.

Next year, some sixthman charters will return to the Pearl out of New Orleans and others will stay on the Jade out of Miami. I haven't don't much research to see what other charter companies are booking either ship.

Rock Boaters have been asking to sail from Tampa (this year) and NO (next year) for awhile but ships can't be charters from NO during Mardi Gras season. Having two ships ready helps accommodate the various demands.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are sailing April 1, 2018 on the Pearl our of NOLA. Maybe I should keep checking to make sure it is not chartered....:o

We are too. I also learned that since that we embark on Easter Sunday from NOLA, not only do they have 3 big parades that morning but also a 10K. Might want to take that into consideration when heading to port as traffic will likely be horrific. Port and the routes are not very far away from each other. We checked into hotels for the area and most are booked or $300+ per night. We are staying in Mobile at my MIL's house.

We are too. I also learned that since that we embark on Easter Sunday from NOLA, not only do they have 3 big parades that morning but also a 10K. Might want to take that into consideration when heading to port as traffic will likely be horrific. Port and the routes are not very far away from each other. We checked into hotels for the area and most are booked or $300+ per night. We are staying in Mobile at my MIL's house.

Looks like we picked a crazy cruise date!! We are hoping to stay at the Hilton Riverside and with all of that going on I better book as soon as the booking window opens.

I don't want to scare you but we had a cruise out of New Orleans during a flipping race. We like to of NEVER made it to the port. The horrible part was the darn police didn't even know what was what. They had us going thru the area even the thugs wouldn't go thru. They didn't know what was closed and it was beyond a mess.

I bet I put another 100 miles on my car getting tot the port.

The express way is the best route. Do not even attempt going thru the city.

I don't want to scare you but we had a cruise out of New Orleans during a flipping race. We like to of NEVER made it to the port. The horrible part was the darn police didn't even know what was what. They had us going thru the area even the thugs wouldn't go thru. They didn't know what was closed and it was beyond a mess.

I bet I put another 100 miles on my car getting tot the port.

The express way is the best route. Do not even attempt going thru the city.

Even more of a reason for us to try and get a room at the Hilton Riverside!!

We are sailing April 1, 2018 on the Pearl our of NOLA. Maybe I should keep checking to make sure it is not chartered....:o

We are too! I hope it isn't being charted...that would be strange. How can we find out?

We are too! I hope it isn't being charted...that would be strange. How can we find out?

2016-2017 incentive/group cruises on NCL

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=24703&share_tid=2333900&share_pid=49523042&url=http%3A%2F%2Fboards%2Ecruisecritic%2Ecom%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Fp%3D49523042&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I didn't realize until the other day that charter cruises could be booked like as a regular cruise. Meaning I figured if the ship was on charter it would not be on the website for those dates.

Leaving march 13th for the 10 day Panama. Cannot wait! Been stalking this dry dock info for months thanks so much for posting it.

I'm on the March 13th cruise also. It will be like being on a brand new ship. Getting soooo excited! :D

With the Pearl out of the equation, they did make the Jade charter ready this year. It's nice to hear the Jade is moving to Miami so hopefully some of the charters I do might be on her. I have not been on the Jade yet.

The Pearl's location for a charter is interesting. Putting a ship in NOLA without an international airport really limits the types of charters that ship can do and what guests the charter companies who book her can cater to. If you have an international audience like Groove Cruise then NOLA will not work. Guests come from all over the globe and if you make it a pain in the butt to get to it, they won't come. Although charters like Groove Cruise would enjoy the party spirit of Bourbon Street pre-cruise for sure! Who knows what will come of it. :)

As for those talking about booking regular cruises on either ship, I wouldn't ever book a normal cruise on either ship now between mid-January to mid-March because the likelihood of a charter is quite high although not guaranteed. :confused:

The Pearl's location for a charter is interesting. Putting a ship in NOLA without an international airport really limits the types of charters that ship can do and what guests the charter companies who book her can cater to. If you have an international audience like Groove Cruise then NOLA will not work. Guests come from all over the globe and if you make it a pain in the butt to get to it, they won't come. Although charters like Groove Cruise would enjoy the party spirit of Bourbon Street pre-cruise for sure! Who knows what will come of it. :)

While NOLA may not have extensive international service like Miami does, there is some - British Airways from London and Condor (seasonal) from Frankfurt for the European travelers and Copa from Panama City for South American Travelers. Air Canada also serves Toronto. There are easy one stop connections over every major East coast USA hub allowing many more secondary city European and South American clients easy access to NOLA. The air service would not preclude international guests booking a charter cruise from there in my opinion.

I'm on the April 3rd sailing as well... I'm dying to see pictures!! I hope someone posts some soon or I might explode. The few pictures I've seen I love it, but c'mon what a tease! LOL ;p:cool::D

We sail on 4/13, I want pix of the new USB ports in the cabins.

Hkmom

I am just home from the Pearl (got off the ship yesterday). We had a balcony cabin and ours had 3 USB ports that I saw. One underneath each light beside the beds, and then one under the TV. It would've been nice to have one on the desk area, too! BUT....there's a regular outlet under the TV as well so we used a USB tower there.

I was on the Pearl going to Alaska several years ago and loved the ship. This time, I came home with the impression that she needs a LOT of TLC. Our deck glass had writing on it with a sharpie type of marker. It looked like the glass had been removed/replaced and was marked for where it was supposed to go back (ex: the right panel had 9642-R and left had 9642-L on it) Not once did they clean that off during the whole cruise. I didn't see it on our neighbors balconies, so maybe it was just ours. Still, though.... The atrium looked really nice, the cabin was nice, but a lot of the furniture seems to be aged and needing replaced. Deck chairs are mostly fine but we ran across SEVERAL that were torn and should really be fixed/replaced.

I'm not bashing on the ship, but I had higher hopes, given my past experience and knowing that it just came out of drydock. I know the ship is older, so it's not "shiny and new", but we still hoped for more.