What is a safe flight time out of Seattle?

TheCooksinCT

Taking the Jewel RT out of Seattle to Alaska. Looking at flights home and it looks like our options are 6 am 11 am or 6 pm - since we are flying back east, the 6pm wouldn't get us home until early the next morning. Is 11 am cutting it too close?

11 is fine. To be safe, plan on doing self walk-off (carry your own bags off the ship). 6 am obviously won't work (the ship will be in port, but CBP won't be there to allow you off the ship. 6 pm is too late.

I've been on that cruise the last 2 years and will be going again in June, if you carry your bags off and are ready to go when they start the disembarkation you can make the 11am flight.

As I fly out of Seattle's Seatac Airport all the time, Security lines can be extremely long.

If you are trying to catch a flight before noon, from a cruise, you need to do self walk-off and have a car service/uber/lyft ready when you get out of pier 66. Even then it's no guarantee. Last summer, Seatac was regularly seeing lines over an hour and a half long. We would hear about it on the news all the time.

What is your level of risk?

I'm happy to hear the positive feedback here, I have the 11:00am booked to go back east as well. Of course knowing there is a chance of long security lines, I hope it's not the norm. Our level of risk is medium, we once flew from Boston into San Juan the same morning of the cruise in February. Scary!

If you fly regularly for cruises or other reasons, it might be worth it to get the TSA precheck. It's $85 and good for 5 years. SeaTac is my local airport and those lines have always been shorter.

As others have posted....if you carry your own luggage off once the ship is cleared it is doable. Lots of taxis will be available. The security lines can be long, so getting off early is important.:)

As I fly out of Seattle's Seatac Airport all the time, Security lines can be extremely long.

If you are trying to catch a flight before noon, from a cruise, you need to do self walk-off and have a car service/uber/lyft ready when you get out of pier 66. Even then it's no guarantee. Last summer, Seatac was regularly seeing lines over an hour and a half long. We would hear about it on the news all the time.

What is your level of risk?

It helps to have TSA Pre-Check and affinity status with the airline you are flying. In addition traveling First

Business class - ask you airline for where the Priority lanes are for going through security. I believe that

SEA-TAC also has a separate check-in area for Families with of course children otherwise would not be a family !

The reply about fog or weather can work to your advantage or even a short maintenance delay giving you

that extra time. Although on the other hand if the fog is delaying traffic on the Freeway maybe not so good !

Forget about the rain factor - that is business as usual !

Taking the Jewel RT out of Seattle to Alaska. Looking at flights home and it looks like our options are 6 am 11 am or 6 pm - since we are flying back east, the 6pm wouldn't get us home until early the next morning. Is 11 am cutting it too close?

11AM!

We docked at 6am, were off the ship at 7:50, got our bags by 8:05 and were at the airport checked in ready to go at 9am.

11AM!

We docked at 6am, were off the ship at 7:50, got our bags by 8:05 and were at the airport checked in ready to go at 9am.

I am glad it was easy on your trip.

As a local, I have seen too many times where long lines are all too common. We would rather people be prepared in case it's a really busy day and security lines are outrageous.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It helps to have TSA Pre-Check and affinity status with the airline you are flying. In addition traveling First

Business class - ask you airline for where the Priority lanes are for going through security. I believe that

SEA-TAC also has a separate check-in area for Families with of course children otherwise would not be a family !

The reply about fog or weather can work to your advantage or even a short maintenance delay giving you

that extra time. Although on the other hand if the fog is delaying traffic on the Freeway maybe not so good !

Forget about the rain factor - that is business as usual !

Fog doesn't delay traffic people in Seattle can't drive in rain or sun [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app