Dare i ask this question ?

Reina del Mar

:evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile:I ask this question in the hope of not being shot to pieces:evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile:

I know passengers are allowed two 750cl bottles of wine per cabin without paying corkage.

Please has anyone boarded Princess ships recently with boxed wine in either cabin or hand luggage ? (Easier to handle than several bottles)

Helpful suggestions gratefully received. Many thanks.

Sorry am unable to correct i to I in title.

Edited by Reina del Mar
Syntax error

:evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile:I ask this question in the hope of not being shot to pieces:evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile:

I know passengers are allowed two 750cl bottles of wine per cabin without paying corkage.

Sorry am unable to correct i to I in title.

Is it two per cabin or one per adult over 21? So if 4 adults are in the cabin they could each bring a bottle?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Think it is two per cabin, have only travelled as two per cabin......maybe someone more knowledgeable will pop along soon and be able to help.

It's one 750ml bottle per adult...

One 750ml bottle of wine or champagne per adult per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

$13.49 5l box of very drinkable Cab from Total Wine. Hand luggage. San Pedro. Port security very interested in 2 bottles of tonic water in my other bag which ( not by coincidence) went through xray just before bag with 5l box in which they ignored. Tonic water was in fact just sealed new bottles of tonic water. Never lost any liquids yet in over 100 cruises. Gin was in non bottle shaped containers in large checked bags. Be creative. Stick it to the suits. Tell the moralisers to mind their own business.

$13.49 5l box of very drinkable Cab from Total Wine. Hand luggage. San Pedro. Port security very interested in 2 bottles of tonic water in my other bag which ( not by coincidence) went through xray just before bag with 5l box in which they ignored. Tonic water was in fact just sealed new bottles of tonic water. Never lost any liquids yet in over 100 cruises. Gin was in non bottle shaped containers in large checked bags. Be creative. Stick it to the suits. Tell the moralisers to mind their own business.

Are you aware that Princess personnel read these forums? You have just taught them your methods for violating their rules. Now they may do more thorough searches which will slow down boarding and inconvenience everyone----even those who are willing obey the cruise line's rules.

Are you aware that Princess personnel read these forums? You have just taught them your methods for violating their rules. Now they may do more thorough searches which will slow down boarding and inconvenience everyone----even those who are willing obey the cruise line's rules.

Getting 3500 people through non Princess port security in a fixed time ain't easy for them. Can't do more than a cursory check.

They know how people do it, been described on here a thousand times.

But its like going fishing, do you ever catch ALL the fish?

There are smaller sizes of boxed wine. I bought some 750 ml ones for one cruise when I knew we wouldn't have time to buy wine locally. The official policy is one 750 ml bottle per adult passenger. So one couple isn't allowed a 1.5 L bottle instead of the two bottles. But as everyone knows, the enforcement of policies can vary.

My dad takes a box of Black Box wine with him on every cruise in his carry on. It's the equivalent to four bottles, and security has directed him to the corkage fee table only once and then they only charged him $15.

Is it two per cabin or one per adult over 21? So if 4 adults are in the cabin they could each bring a bottle?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is one per adult. However, if you are bringing a box, then all 4 would need to board together to not get charged the corkage fee.

Looks like some people here have lucked out with getting the box on without a fee, or just $15. It's luck of the draw with that sometimes. I would not expect them to turn the box away if you pay corkage or if there are 4 adults.

Getting 3500 people through non Princess port security in a fixed time ain't easy for them. Can't do more than a cursory check.

They know how people do it, been described on here a thousand times.

But its like going fishing, do you ever catch ALL the fish?

No I don't catch all the fish. I stop at the number that the regulations limit me at and I am thankful to be allowed that many fish. That way I don't ruin the fishing for everyone else.