Suite pricing on the Edge?

krb1000

Can't answer re Royal Suite, but I think the answer re Celebrity Suite is that it has a split balcony arrangement and they are only counting the half that is an old-style outside balcony. Here is the cabin layout you get when booking:

The new layout sure looks like it is better than the old one IMHO; what you are saying makes sense!

OK -- so I spent a few minutes on the phone with Celebrity.

I picked an early March '19 date and here's the pp pricing:

Edge Villa $8299

Penthouse $9899

Iconic $19,399

Tom

For 7 days? What the heck is X smoking? Crazy. Nice for those than can afford it, but it's not me.

Can't answer re Royal Suite, but I think the answer re Celebrity Suite is that it has a split balcony arrangement and they are only counting the half that is an old-style outside balcony. Here is the cabin layout you get when booking:

Hi Jazz. We booked a Celebrity Suite on Edge. Where did you find this layout? Is it the final design or just a concept?

For 7 days? What the heck is X smoking? Crazy. Nice for those than can afford it, but it's not me.

When I was pricing those out I asked what the 3rd/4th person rates were. They were quite reasonable at $1099/pp. I said "go ahead and book me at 3rd/4th person rates". He misunderstood me and it was not until I repeated it with emphasis that he realized I didn't want to book 1st/2nd, but instead the better value rates... lol

If anyone wants some company in one of those suites - I'd happily take the second bedroom and pay my own way (3rd.4th)... Heck, I'd do that no matter your political beliefs (I can keep quiet for a week)! :D

Tom

I was told that it did, but who knows the real answer as there is so little information...

I just booked a Sky Suite and the Celebrity vacation planner emailed me and said that only rooms with Infinite Verandas are Infinite Verandas. Concierge, and aqua class. Who knows what the truth is...

Hi everyone :)

I hope you're all well. Has anyone come across a floor plan/layout of the Royal Suite? I'm glad they've kept the whirlpool on the balcony, but I'm surprised there are only four RSs on the Edge (compared to 8 on the Solstice Class).

Nice layout...though I would miss the 2nd bathroom door that the S class has...but great to see bedroom with a balcony too....

Doesn't much matter at these prices we won't be booking a suite anytime soon.....:*

Hi Jazz. We booked a Celebrity Suite on Edge. Where did you find this layout? Is it the final design or just a concept?

At this point who knows if anything is final? I got that picture by going through the process to book a suite on the Celebrity website. For some categories they show a drawing of the "typical" layout.

We booked S1 for March 3, 2019 at $2999 pp plus taxes with all 4 perks. I booked a cruise awhile ago while on a cruise. We are unable to do that Sept, 17, 2017 cruise. So I'm having the TA transfer the booking over to our Edge cruise. As we wont be on another cruise until May 7th.

Sorry, but ~$1000 per diem for a Sky Suite in the Caribbean is just overstepping mightily. New ship, old ship, whatever ship.

Try $6K/day on for size... that's an Iconic amount, no doubt!

Most any suite, worth its salt, will run you several hundred/day no matter the itinerary. When it hits the $2K/day point, you'd better be getting enough back to justify the expense. Of course, that varies greatly among the population.

Tom

Yesterday we booked, through our TA, a S3 on the February 24th sailing. We're all in at $5,418 with taxes/port fees including all 4 perks. Honestly, I thought sky suite prices were going to be higher and figured they might used $3k/pp as a baseline. Given the new private pool area plus all 4 perks being included I feel like we're getting a good value.

It will be interesting to watch pricing in the coming weeks to see if, as more rooms get reserved, there is a trigger that will bump up pricing. I'd also be curious how many cruisers are simply reserving rooms now with the plans to cancel or move their cruises 18 months down the road.

Yesterday we booked, through our TA, a S3 on the February 24th sailing. We're all in at $5,418 with taxes/port fees including all 4 perks. Honestly, I thought sky suite prices were going to be higher and figured they might used $3k/pp as a baseline. Given the new private pool area plus all 4 perks being included I feel like we're getting a good value.

It will be interesting to watch pricing in the coming weeks to see if, as more rooms get reserved, there is a trigger that will bump up pricing. I'd also be curious how many cruisers are simply reserving rooms now with the plans to cancel or move their cruises 18 months down the road.

I'd guess there are a fair share of "holders" at this point - the fellow I spoke to yesterday was encouraging me just to put a deposit down to hold something (an Iconic Suite) knowing that I'd be moving to a later date - a date not even released yet! I told him I did not see the logic in that.

My guess is that when the Beyond starts booking, we'll see some corrections in the Edge rates - though they're not "over the edge", so to speak, in my opinion to begin with. I knew full well that the top suites would be near/over twenty grand a week.

Tom

I was looking at pricing for the Jan 13 sailing yesterday. Suite prices started at about $2799 when I first looked in the afternoon, today it is $3399. We thought about booking an infinite veranda yesterday and in the end, we held off. None of the itineraries jumped out at us.

Booked edge 1/27/19 sailing. 2799.00 per person with Best. This was for accessible S2 cabin of which it looked like they only had 2 on deck 11 forward. Ship looks intriguing..

Where are you finding the deck plans that show where and what category the accessible staterooms and suites are on Edge?

And I saw that some of the Sky Suites have a 163 sq ft balcony???? How can a Sky Suite have a bigger balcony then a Royal Suite!?

There has to be a mistake!

The bigger balconies are to accommodate the Magic Carpet that travels up and down. The S3's are in that area

Thanks. I did not see the proposed CS layout on the website. There are still plenty of CS's on the Jan 20 cruise but the price went up by $500 pp since we booked Monday afternoon March 13th. I'm glad we booked right away.

• 2 weeks later...
OK -- so I spent a few minutes on the phone with Celebrity.

I picked an early March '19 date and here's the pp pricing:

Edge Villa $8299

Penthouse $9899

Iconic $19,399

Tom

Wow - Celebrity is definitely jumping right in with the "cash grab". Right now, an Edge Villa, for that same cruise is $14,799 pp.

Any way you cut it, they're taking the supply/demand concept to new heights. It was conceivable to me at the initial price, but now it's "no way, Jose"! Are they trying to pay off the bill (for building the ship) in the first year?? !! LOL

Certainly by releasing only a few months of bookings, most everyone wants to try out the new ship - and prices are at a premium. Even more reason to wait for the Beyond - and hopefully see the Edge prices come back down to earth!

Tom

Do you want to know how insane these prices are?

We have 121 days booked in the next 20 months or so, all over the world. Asia, South America, Europe, Transatlantics. Booked on Celebrity, RCCL, NCL, Princess and Azamara.

Nothing less than a balcony cabin. 30 of those nights in suites. Also some Junior Suites (RCCL) and Minis (Princess).

All at a cost LESS than 7 days in an "Iconic Suite" on Edge. In the Caribbean, no less.

121 days or 7. Hmm...

Do you want to know how insane these prices are?

We have 121 days booked in the next 20 months or so, all over the world. Asia, South America, Europe, Transatlantics. Booked on Celebrity, RCCL, NCL, Princess and Azamara.

Nothing less than a balcony cabin. 30 of those nights in suites. Also some Junior Suites (RCCL) and Minis (Princess).

All at a cost LESS than 7 days in an "Iconic Suite" on Edge. In the Caribbean, no less.

121 days or 7. Hmm...

Well, that's a real tough one - NOT :p!

(I thought this thread was in the Sub-forum? Has it moved to the Edge of Beyond?)

Those prices are insane. If I want a suite, it won't be on the Edge. Pushing me over the Edge,

If you think those prices are high, check on the NCL Getaway and Escape Haven suites. They are even higher yet. The line that has lower prices on suites is MSC

Personally, I think the prices are ridiculous. Having sailed regularly in Sky Suites, I wouldn't even consider paying these prices for 7 days in the Caribbean, but it seems there are plenty of people who will. I can wait til the newness wears off.

Personally, I think the prices are ridiculous. Having sailed regularly in Sky Suites, I wouldn't even consider paying these prices for 7 days in the Caribbean, but it seems there are plenty of people who will. I can wait til the newness wears off.

My reasoning is exactly the opposite: My first trip on the Edge is going to be very ship-oriented, I want time to discover all the newness the ship has to offer and enjoy the Retreat and other suite perks.

Therefore I'd rather cruise on her in the Caribbean, where we've been to all ports before. I'll just stay on the ship in most ports, while if the cruise would visit a more interesting locale, like Europe or Asia, we'd be off the ship for whole, long days making me feel I wouldn't be getting my money's worth of the ship experience.

Plus, having paid what is indeed a considerable amount of money on the cruise itself, I'd be loath to spend even more on shore trips to get the most out of the interesting ports the ship is sailing to. The total cost of cruise + shore trips on the Edge will come out about the same (okay, slightly higher :-) than a similar week cruising in the Med due to the lack of port expenses.

In four to five years time, when the newness wears off, I would prefer more exciting itineraries too but I'm sure once the Beyond and other sister ships are ready, some more interesting routes will be available. Plus, hopefully, prices will come down - so a win-win.

In short, certainly our first cruise on the Edge class, the destination will be the ship and I'm not really bothered she'll be cruising to less than inspiring ports.

If you can justify it that's great. To each his own. One thing to remember, unlike a land based resort, there's not usually much going on when the ship is in port. Luminae is usually closed for lunch, staff is limited, no entertainment, no one in Michael's Club (The Retreat), but I'm sure if lying by the pool is your thing it should be great.

Edited by Ma Bell