What dining venues will be on Edge?

stipmom

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if Celebrity will bring and some celebrity chefs to have their restaurants on board. We enjoyed Jamie's Kitchen (Jamie Oliver place) on Anthem. Lots of people like Todd English restaurants on Cunard line and Jack Papin on Oceania.

I wonder if Celebrity will bring and some celebrity chefs to have their restaurants on board. We enjoyed Jamie's Kitchen (Jamie Oliver place) on Anthem. Lots of people like Todd English restaurants on Cunard line and Jack Papin on Oceania.

That would be a good idea, and is something that is becoming very common on higher-end cruise lines. Not all "celebrity" chefs are able to make the transition to delivering their vision via remote-control on a cruise ship [e.g. most posters on the Princess board don't like the Curtis Stone entrees or the "Share" restaurant, but his resume seems to be more about TV appearances than running restaurants], but many have succeeded and this can extend the palate on a ship.

Given Celebrity's relationship with Top Chef, I wouldn't be surprised if celebrity chef's associated with the show had a restaurant on board (example: Tom Colicchio, Emeril, etc). It would be successful in my opinion. The Top Chef night on board is not because the selected meals are not conducive to massive service and focuses on odd tastes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Based on the recent announcement about the Constellation upgrades, I think it is safe to assume that the Edge will also now have a Top Deck Burger Bar premium venue rather than the Mast Grill.

I don´t think so..

You can eat Burger on the Rooftop Garden Grill and on the Mast Grill.

So why 3 Burger Restaurants??

I don´t think so..

You can eat Burger on the Rooftop Garden Grill and on the Mast Grill.

So why 3 Burger Restaurants??

The Top Deck Burger Bar is replacing the Mast Bar in the future, so there will still be 2 burger restaurants.

I don´t think so.Then there will be two pay restaurants with burgers?That´s stupid

I certainly don't like the idea either; but this is what the announcement said. There is an active thread discussing this subject, where you can dispute the logic. I was just saying that if they are putting this new pay for restaurant on the Constellation during its upgrading, you can be sure that it will also be on the Edge. And probably be replacing the Mast Grill on other X ships.

I certainly don't like the idea either; but this is what the announcement said. There is an active thread discussing this subject, where you can dispute the logic. I was just saying that if they are putting this new pay for restaurant on the Constellation during its upgrading, you can be sure that it will also be on the Edge. And probably be replacing the Mast Grill on other X ships.

If it really should be so, I hope it will bee after our cruise when it goes for the first time in dry dock :)

If it really should be so, I hope it will bee after our cruise when it goes for the first time in dry dock :)

Amen to that! I do believe that there will be a lot of blow back from passengers about it. If there is, it might not make it on the Edge. We can only hope so.

. I was just saying that if they are putting this new pay for restaurant on the Constellation during its upgrading, you can be sure that it will also be on the Edge.

That;s a very big assumption. I see no reason to assume this will be the case.

That;s a very big assumption. I see no reason to assume this will be the case.

The financial reasons for X will probably drive the decision. We are all entitled to our assumptions. We will find out for sure next year. I certainly hope I am wrong.

It sounds like we may find out about the restaurants next month! Tarwood3 reported that at the Edge Mobile Tour:

"They said only 25% of the ship has been revealed. They are doing it in stages to prevent other cruise lines copying and implementing the innovations before the Edge sets sail. The next reveal will be a culinary one in June, describing all the restaurants. Supposedly at that time, reservations will be enabled for restaurants. The reveal after that will be later in summer I think and will be the entertainment reveal, such as theatre, spa etc."

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
My TA heard the next reveal will be November 9th and she thinks it a culinary reveal.

The roll out for the public spaces is horrible for us already booked. Taking way too long. Here we sit with deposits and no news on the most important parts of the ship. I, for one, don't care about the "conference rooms, meeting rooms, etc." I would like more information on the public spaces as Eden is probably just a "walk thru" "oh my" experience for us. The dining venues and public places are our interests since the ship, as for many long-time Celebrity cruisers, will probably be the main destination this trip. The ports are ho-hum as far as we are concerned. Just interested in the new concepts.

AGREE...Dining, esp BLU, "no upcharge" Entertainment venues, coffee and pastry areas, lounges, nightclub, small theater etc are definitely of greater interest than meeting rooms for us.

We'd also like to know more about internet upgrades, in room TV/sports broadcasts/ movies for no upcharge etc.

We are just off of the Equinox today. Our waiter said that there would be no main dining room on the Edge -- just different dining venues. I did not ask, but assume, that there will still be suite and other specialty dining rooms.

We are just off of the Equinox today. Our waiter said that there would be no main dining room on the Edge -- just different dining venues. I did not ask, but assume, that there will still be suite and other specialty dining rooms.

It has been confirmed that suite pax will have access to Luminae. But few other details so far.