What dining venues will be on Edge?

stipmom

Of course, all this secrecy and different dates for unveiling just intrigue many of us, but if the inaugural is but a two-week after the first two weeks, I won't be a happy camper or a newbie either...big let down! We need to know before the 90 days! At least i would want to know this information. I don't care if it does a 3 day for VIP's!

• 2 months later...
And now it's January, 2018. Any other dining news from Edge? I do understand X's desire to keep its cards hidden for as long as possible.

Royal/Celebrity have been doing this for the first vessel in ALL new ship classes - leak it out slowly, sometimes with the last "reveal" only weeks before launch.

I think they do it just to drive CC'ers nutsoid :eek::'):eek:

In looking through the Celebrity website I realized that they have announcedseveral new eating areas, not all of them, but enough to raise my interest Of course there is the Rooftop Garden Grill, but the Eden section will have specialty coffees in Eden Cafe, cocktails at Eden Bar, and the Eden Restaurant, which they say will offer “delicious, experiential cuisine,” and their pictures of the cuisine do look interesting. And as they have stated, the Magic Carpet will feature Al Fresco offerings when stationed on deck five, act as a bar when later stationed at Deck 14 and later when on deck 16 will offer late night dining. So it appears they have already offered several dining options, but of course we are still looking at what they will feature on decks 4 and 5.

After looking into these options I am under the impression that Celebrity is offering more Edge video information on their website. Or maybe I just overlooked it on previous visits to the site.

In looking through the Celebrity website I realized that they have announcedseveral new eating areas, not all of them, but enough to raise my interest Of course there is the Rooftop Garden Grill, but the Eden section will have specialty coffees in Eden Cafe, cocktails at Eden Bar, and the Eden Restaurant, which they say will offer “delicious, experiential cuisine,” and their pictures of the cuisine do look interesting. And as they have stated, the Magic Carpet will feature Al Fresco offerings when stationed on deck five, act as a bar when later stationed at Deck 14 and later when on deck 16 will offer late night dining. So it appears they have already offered several dining options, but of course we are still looking at what they will feature on decks 4 and 5.

After looking into these options I am under the impression that Celebrity is offering more Edge video information on their website. Or maybe I just overlooked it on previous visits to the site.

It's funny, I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago and came up with this list so far. It does have quite a few venues listed, but I hope they start filling in the blanks soon (such as whether there will be a traditional MDR, Blu as we know it, Murano-type restaurant, etc.). Oh well, I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer :D

EDEN

From the specialty coffees in EdenCafé, to the hand-crafted cocktails at Eden Bar, and the delicious,experiential cuisine at Eden Restaurant, your taste buds will be in paradisemorning, noon, and night.

Casual culinary bites areavailable in the morning from the Eden Cafe, accompanied by globally inspiredperformances such as sitar players and aerialists who swing through the room.

The Eden Restaurant takesguests on a unique culinary journey that begins at the Eden Bar on the secondlevel. Groups are then led down to the first level where they are seated andserved a series of culinary temptations by performance artists called Edenists.At the end of the meal, groups are led back up to the Eden Bar for thecrescendo—a mystery grand finale to Eden’s dining experience.

MAGICCARPET

Situated on the summit of the ship onDeck 16, Magic Carpet becomes the ultimate specialty restaurant high in the skywhere mouthwatering experiences such as “Dinner on the Edge” are hosted for aselect number of guests. Get ready for a unique, al fresco culinary journeyunder the stars that’s sure to satisfy guests’ taste buds, eyes, and theirsense of wonder all at the same time.

On Deck 5, Magic Carpet extends theship’s restaurants into the most amazing al fresco seating imaginable for closeto 100 guests. Here it creates an intimate, open-air dining experience thatwill make the fresh ocean fare taste even fresher.

ROOFTOPGARDEN

The Rooftop Garden Grill, located under thesun, or under the stars, has a selection of the best burgers, brisket, or BBQguests will find anywhere.

SOLARIUM

The Solarium is home to one ofCelebrity’s most popular culinary offerings, The Spa Café and Juice Bar, whichoffers a creative take on healthy cuisine, featuring an eclectic blend ofofferings that are both flavorful and healthy.

BLU

Blu, the exclusive restaurantfeaturing favorite dishes reimagined with a healthier twist.

LUMINAE

Luminae @The Retreatboasts an exciting design concept, with more than 117 linear feet of floor-to-ceiling windows, offering endless views and highlighting Hoppen’s award-winning style. Boldly elegant,the interior is as distinctive as the cuisine. Not only is the restaurant exclusive, its menus are as well. Crafted by Celebrity’s own Michelin-starred Chef Cornelius Gallagher, the modern, eclectic cuisine served here is notavailable anywhere else on board. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Luminae@ The Retreat will tantalize guests’ taste buds – and their eyes. Total Square Footage: 4,133 sq. ft. Seating Capacity:170 Seats

Frustration is mounting for those of us who booked shortly after the initial release. Eden details were revealed back in June. The only other reveal has been meeting space, which does nothing for anyone already booked. The available videos are a rework of the same 10 minutes of details, over and over. I've seen a couple of videos posted to YouTube that at least gives a walk-through of a couple of cabin catagories. But do we really know about most dining venues? No. Bars and gathering places? No. Spa and gym? No. Shops? No. Other performance venues? No. The ship is now being delivered in November. :mad:

Thanks for taking the time to list food venues so far. The frustration comes when one tries to figure out what is really served. NOTHING in the magic carpet description actually tells you what is served. I know what the Aqua Spa Cafe serves, as long as it is the same as other Celebrity ships. Aqua Class has Blu, and Suites have their exclusive restaurant. So we have a BBQ casual restaurant open to all and Eden with coffee, a bar and restaurant/dinner show specialty space. O.K. Lot more space to fill... Please, Celebrity, fill us in soon with lots of details, not just fluff.

I don’t mind the glacial release of Edge details as long as they don’t forget the main dining room for the rest of us;) Yes, suites have Luminae and Aqua cabins have Blu, but what about the peasants lol? Oh well. I think our friends in Luminae may lob us a couple rolls and pats of butter:D

• 4 weeks later...

Just adding the Edge dining announcement for Feb 28th at 6 PM to this dining venue thread (has been discussed on Lloyd's thread).

26070890_1646091432143584_682211359756124160_n.jpg?se=7

Also, I was rereading this thread and saw what Tarwood3, who had been to an Edge mobile tour last May, had said. The information they gave the participants at that time was way off timing-wise.

If what was said then still holds true, maybe we will be able to book restaurants after the Feb 28th reveal.

from Tarwood3 last May:

"They said only 25% of the ship has been revealed. They are doing it in stages to prevent other cruise lines copying and implementing the innovations before the Edge sets sail. The next reveal will be a culinary one in June, describing all the restaurants. Supposedly at that time, reservations will be enabled for restaurants. The reveal after that will be later in summer I think and will be the entertainment reveal, such as theatre, spa etc."

The announcement on Feb 28th talks about a sneak preview of global cuisine reveal by Chef Cornelius Gallagher. It might be only different menu items (in Eden perhaps?) but is not necessarily a complete list of restaurants on Edge. We will see.

The announcement on Feb 28th talks about a sneak preview of global cuisine reveal by Chef Cornelius Gallagher. It might be only different menu items (in Eden perhaps?) but is not necessarily a complete list of restaurants on Edge. We will see.

Thanks for the clarification. Hopefully, we will get something more. :D

I don’t mind the glacial release of Edge details as long as they don’t forget the main dining room for the rest of us;) Yes, suites have Luminae and Aqua cabins have Blu, but what about the peasants lol? Oh well. I think our friends in Luminae may lob us a couple rolls and pats of butter:D

I will be eating with the peasants also

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I hope they serve Pheasant for us Peasants!

We tried Aqua one time and I guess not being a big foodie, found it enjoyable, but not enough to do it again. We try one or two of the specialty restaurants each cruise, but I find the main dining to be quite nice and meets our needs a good deal.

We do enjoy dining - we try the various cooking classes in various ports and that’s a lot of fun. But ‘grading’ dining experiences is so subjective that I don’t really put too much weight on people’s dining opinions, unless of course it has to do with if they had to be rushed to the medical facilities for a stomach pumping!

Den

Speaking of pheasants, although we enjoy BLU we think it serves way too much game,,,pheasant, squab and the like. The birds are small and often come out very dry..not much meat! Not much of a treat for us,

The few recent menu additions are a good start but we are hoping BLU evolves as a true healthy eating venue with lots of creative options.!

Speaking of pheasants, although we enjoy BLU we think it serves way too much game,,,pheasant, squab and the like. The birds are small and often come out very dry..not much meat! Not much of a treat for us,

The few recent menu additions are a good start but we are hoping BLU evolves as a true healthy eating venue with lots of creative options.!

I had the pheasant a few years ago - never again!

I agree that the menu could use more tweaking, though I did enjoy the menu more last Sept. There were less game birds offered and I always found delicious things in the 10 day rotation (we went to specialties a couple of times when less excited about the choices).

I will be in Blu in a couple of weeks - will be asking for hints about the Edge Blu. :D

At least one does not bite down on buck shot from wild pheasant. :) Best pheasant I ever had was a stew in the Czech Republic.

• 3 weeks later...

Based on revised deck plans, it looks like EDGE will lose the large MDR, and have four smaller themed venues in its place, very similar to what Royal Caribbean tried to do with the Quantum Class (but eventually retreated on it). On EDGE we will have Normandie, Tuscan, Cosmopolitan, and Cyprus. How it will work (rotation, reservations, open, assigned, etc) is unknown. I guess we will find out at the reveal. Other restaurant options (speciality and otherwise) appear to be Grand Plaza Cafe, Le Grand Bistro, Cafe Al Bacio, Eden, Fine Cut Steakhouse, Raw On 5, Blu, Eden Cafe, Luminea, Spa Cafe, Mast Grill, IL Secondo Bacio, Ocean View Cafe, and Rooftop Garden Grill.

Here's my guesses for the list of dining options (rumored at 20). Mind you some of the "dining" options cruise lines count are questionable, but I'm trying to think like a cruise line marketing exec here - lol

I do think the 4 MDR will feature a menu of items unique to each venue as well as a menu of "Celebrity Classics" to provide a broader appeal. There will be a mixed use in all 4 venues of traditional dining (possibly rotating like on Disney) and Celebrity Select.

There is also a chance that the 4 are merely thematically decorated and all feature the "normal" MDR menus with each having a mix of traditional and Select seating areas. The names may be nothing more than references to the companies heritage/former dining venues.

Included:

1. MDR - Normandie

2. MDR -Tuscan

3. MDR - Cosmopolitan

4. MDR - Cyprus

5. Luminae (Suite Class MDR)

6. BLU (Aqua Class MDR)

7. Oceanview Cafe (buffet)

8. Spa Cafe

9. Mast Grill

10. Cafe al Bacio (pastries/sweets/gelato)

11. Il Secondo Bacio (pastries/sweets)

12. EDEN Cafe (breakfast, sandwiches, salads, soups, etc??)

13. Grand Plaza Cafe (light sandwiches, salads, etc??)

14. Room Service (both complimentary and extra fee items available)

Specialty / Surcharge:

1. Fine Cut Steakhouse

2. Le Grand Bistro (French)

3. Raw on 5

4. EDEN gourmet cuisine

5. Rooftop Terrace Grill

6. Magic Carpet "pop-up" dining experience

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

They've now loaded descriptions some of the specialty restaurants and dining packages on my cruise planner for my December cruise on Edge.

I have just reserved Eden for our New Year's Eve dinner, it's $65pp. Wonder whether I'm the very first passenger to book it :-)